Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics MagazinesComics Silver AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Vacation fuel fund sale #2!! Offers welcome, yes to combined shipping!!!17383

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
The Human Fly #1. This issue features the origin of The Human Fly, as well as an appearance by Spider-Man.

VF, or better

$20

Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
The Human Fly #2. This issue features an appearance by Ghost Rider.

VF+, or better

$10

Purchase issue #1 and #2 for $20 shipped.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Here is a small lot of Incredible Hulk, mostly fillers and one or two minor keys.

Take the whole lot for $50 shipped, or any issue for the price listed. I'm only showing a scan of each front cover, but I can provide back cover scans if requested.

1. Incredible Hulk #207---FN+, or better (Defenders appearance)----------------------$7
2. Incredible Hulk #225---VF-, or better (The Leader appears)---------------------------$6
3. Incredible Hulk #229---VG/FN, or better (2nd new Moonstone)----------------------$8
4. Incredible Hulk #230---VF-, or better (General Ross appears)-----------------------$6
5. Incredible Hulk #231---VF-, or better (Moonstone appears)---------------------------$6
6. Incredible Hulk #233---VF, or better (Marvel Man appears)----------------------------$7
7. Incredible Hulk #238---VF, or better (President Jimmy Carter appears)------------$6
8. Incredible Hulk #252---VF-, or better (direct)(Woodgod appears)-------------------$5
9. Incredible Hulk #263---FN+, or better (newsstand)(Avalanche & Landslide appear)---$5
10. Incredible Hulk #286---VF+, or better (direct)(Kang soldier appears)---------------------$4
11. Incredible Hulk #288---VF-, or better (direct)(Abomination & Modok appear)----------$4

Post 53 IP   flag post
Journey into Mystery #17 (2nd series). This issue reprints stories form the 1st series of Journey into Mystery #21 (1955), Tales of Suspense #31 (1962), Marvel Tales #159 (1957), and World of Fantasy #15 (1956).

VG+, or better...off-white pages

$8

Post 54 IP   flag post
Kull and the Barbarians #2. This comic magazine contains work by Neal Adams, Howard Chaykin, Michael Whelan and Berni Wrightson…among others. It features King Kull, as well as appearances by Red Sonja and Solomon Kane.

FN, or better (sorry for all the photos...I figured they were necessary)

$12

Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder

Sleeper book; MOTU preview.

Also good to remove the preview itself from the book, press and slab it if it can pull a 9.8.....the removed preview inserts in dc books from this month is generally good for about $125 in 9.8.

I buy pressable to 9.8 candidates of these dc's whenever I find them in the wild for under ten bucks or so as they are still undervalued on GPA imo contrasted to the DC presents issue "1st app" which is like $1500 in 9.8.

The preview in here isn't 9.8 material, unfortunately. I got away from having anything graded these days. Everything is just a mess...it got too frustrating. It's been over a year since I submitted any comics. It kind of lost its luster for me.

Been a while since I've subbee any books as well.

The preview insert is all newsprint,consistent with the rest of the interior pages.

As long as the person removing the insert from the book doesn't jack up the staples, it wouldn't he too hard to pull 9.8's out of books that are nowhere near cherry 9.8's.

They are at the centerfold so the cover and 1st few interior & last few interior pages take most wear on books.

The inserts have blank newsprint border along their spines which makes the biggest concern fiber breaking spine ticks at the cfold.

So the main giveaway to look for when pulling out the insert is staple wear,

I have pulled 9.8's, 9 out of 10 subs of MOTU (3 subs) Mask (2 subs) and Sonic (5) DC comic preview inserts....all early copper to late copper age DC comics.

Got the 9.6 on 1 MOTU insert.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Legion of Super-Heroes #297. The origin of the Legion is retold in this issue.

VF-, or better...off-white to white pages

$3

Post 57 IP   flag post
Man-Bat #1. This issue contains work by Neal Adams, and is a collection of reprints. It reprints the 1st appearance and origin of Man-Bat from Detective Comics #400, #402, and #407.

FN/VF, or better

$6

Post 58 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel and DC Present, Featuring The Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans #1. This comic features the 1st appearance of the Source Wall, the 3rd appearance of Deathstroke The Terminator, as well as an appearance by Darkseid.

GD, or better. The comic shows a number of issues and defects, but the major defect is that the center wrap is detached from the staples. The wrap underneath that is detached at one staple only. The pages weren’t ripped out of the staples…the book is very thick (Baxter paper) and the staples weren’t done very well.

$5

Post 59 IP   flag post
The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #53 (Charlton Comics). This comic contains artwork by Steve Ditko.

FN, or better. This comic has some printing defects, most notably on the top of the comic (ink overspray), and the back cover near the spine. Pages are off-white to white.

$7

Post 60 IP   flag post
Marvel Chillers #5. This issue features Tigra, was well as an appearance by Red Wolf.

GD/VG, or better...cream to off-white pages.

$3

Post 61 IP   flag post
Marvel Chillers #6. This issue features Tigra, was well as appearances by Red Wolf and Lobo.

VG, give or take...cream to off-white pages

$6

Post 62 IP   flag post
Marge's Little Lulu #198.

There's nothing special about this comic, nor is it valuable in any sense. It is a reader, but it's intact. It is also...

FREE, with any purchase

Post 63 IP   flag post
Here's another lot....Marvel Fanfare #1 to #9.

Take the whole lot for $50 shipped, or any issue for the price listed. I'm only showing a photo of each front cover, but I can provide back cover photos if requested.

1. Marvel Fanfare #1--VF or better (Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, X-Men appear)---$13
2. Marvel Fanfare #2--VF or better (Fantastic Four origin retold)---------------------$7
3. Marvel Fanfare #3--NM- or better (X-Men and Ka-Zar appear)--------------------$10
4. Marvel Fanfare #4--VF or better (X-Men and Ka-Zar appear)----------------------$6
5. Marvel Fanfare #5--VF- or better (Dr. Strange and Captain America appear)---$5
6. Marvel Fanfare #6--FN/VF or better (Spider-Man and Scarlet Witch appear)---$4
7. Marvel Fanfare #7--FN/VF or better (Hulk and Blob appear)------------------------$4
8. Marvel Fanfare #8--VF- or better (Dr. Strange and Wolf Boy appear)-------------$5
9. Marvel Fanfare #9--VF- or better (Man-Thing appears)-----------------------------$5

Post 64 IP   flag post
Okay, away we go. I still have a couple days worth of stuff to list...I think. Mostly dreck are left, but there will be some Uncanny X-Men as well.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel Premiere #61, featuring Star-Lord (Peter Quill). This is the last issue in the series.

VF+, or better

$13

Post 66 IP   flag post
Marvel Preview #5, Ken Barr painted cover. This issue is Hound of the Baskervilles, Part 1.

VG/FN, or better...cream to off-white pages.

$8

Post 67 IP   flag post
Marvel Preview #6, Ken Barr painted cover. The inside of the front cover contains work by Neal Adams. This issue is Hound of the Baskervilles, Part 2.

FN, or better...off-white to white pages.

$10

Post 68 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel Spotlight #7, Frank Miller cover art. (volume 2). This issue features Star-Lord.

FN/VF, or better

$20

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Lol!! He’s being chased by butterflies with “laaaaazers”. Too funny!
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Lol!! He’s being chased by butterflies with “laaaaazers”. Too funny!

Post 71 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think those are lasers.

I think they are spooge guns.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
I don't think those are lasers.

I think they are spooge guns.

Post 73 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #103, featuring Spider-Man (1979). This issue also contains appearances by Kangaroo and the Human Torch.

FN/VF, or better....off-white pages.

$4

Post 74 IP   flag post
Marvel Two-In-One #8. This issue features an early appearance by Ghost Rider, as well as appearances by The Thing and the Fantastic Four.

FN, or better

$10....SOLD!!!

Post 75 IP   flag post
Marvel Two-In-One #41. This issue features appearances by The Thing, Black Panther, and Brother Voodoo.

FN/VF, or better

$8...SOLD!!!

Post 76 IP   flag post
Master of Kung Fu #17, with cover penciled by Jim Starlin. This issue is the 1st self-title for Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu. It features the 3rd appearance of Shang Chi, as well as the 1st appearance of Black Jack Tarr. Marvel Value Stamp #53, Grim Reaper, is intact.

FN, or better

$35, or best offer

Post 77 IP   flag post
Metal Men #43. This issue reprints issue #14 from the same series.

VG/FN, or better...cream to off-white pages.

$6

Post 78 IP   flag post
Monsters on the Prowl #10. This comic features The Roc. The cover was penciled by Steve Ditko, while interior artwork was done by Jack Kirby.

VG/FN, or better...off-white to white pages.

$8

Post 79 IP   flag post
The Omega Men #6. Branx Warriors make an appearance.

VF-, or better...white pages.

$3

Post 80 IP   flag post
601349 159 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.