Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Oakville location17378

Collector Greenshields private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I have a question about the Oakville location. Can I just walk in there and drop off books for grading?

Couple of questions.

1. Are the books graded there or shipped to the states?
2. Where can I find the return shipping prices for Canada? Or can I just pick them up from that location?
3. Does dropping or sending it to the Oakville Ontario location slow the grading process down a lot?

Thanks all
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Greenshields - Welcome!

My best responses (but there are several awesome members from the Great White North who can answer based on their experiences).

1) no, yes
2) no idea, no idea
3) yes, quite a bit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
1)The Oakville location ships the books to the Texas location for grading and encapsulation.

2)

3) Yes going through the Canada location will add significant amount of time to the turnaround. Possibly in the order of months more. If you can, I’d suggest just submitting through the USA portal and taking up the extra expense of shipping the books directly to Texas yourself
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
When filling out the electronic form it shows the return shipping prices
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Greenshields
I'll let you know in a while about #2
I normally have them shipped to my house but I have a current order with the pick up in person option.
No idea if it still an actual option -my order has been in 'ShipToCanada' for quite some time as they save up enough to send them back all at once in bulk.

I have an email to customer service and the Canada sales rep asking about how it works - so far no response.....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Shipping through Oakville adds an extra 1-2 months to the time it takes for your comics to get to and from Texas so 2-4 months extra total. Definitely much much faster to send directly to Texas, plus this way your comics show up as recieved in a few days instead of months which gives you alot more peace of mind.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
601504 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?