Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

A few more newbie questions17336

Collector BillinCanada private msg quote post Address this user
Great info on these forums - thanks to everyone who posts!
A have a few questions I didn't see answers for and CBCS does not seem to reply to emails (a topic I've seen a lot of comments about):
1) Does the 'submitted' status change when received/opened in Texas, or when pressing/grading starts?
2) I signed up in Canada for a $100 membership a couple of weeks before the new membership tiers. Was I supposed to get coupons or something for the 2x 2-day modern submissions and the 3x Fast passes?
3) I mistakenly sent 2 comics for grading but no pressing, along with 4 books to be both pressed and graded. Is it safe to assume they just keep them together so likely all arrive back together?

Thanks in advance!
Bill
Post 1 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillinCanada
Great info on these forums - thanks to everyone who posts!
A have a few questions I didn't see answers for and CBCS does not seem to reply to emails (a topic I've seen a lot of comments about):
1) Does the 'submitted' status change when received/opened in Texas, or when pressing/grading starts?

Yes, your status will change at some point. Couple months after I mailed my current submission it changed to "received". Then months later it changed to "grading" but I don't know when that was in comparison to the day they actually went into grading. people here say the dashboard info is late.
You should get emails though.

Quote:

2) I signed up in Canada for a $100 membership a couple of weeks before the new membership tiers. Was I supposed to get coupons or something for the 2x 2-day modern submissions and the 3x Fast passes?

No. Just a promise. You have to write on the invoice that you want to use those vouchers. They never added a way to do so on the form itself, nor do they keep track of these vouchers for you so you need to make sure you do. They aren't doing a good job of letting people know what is happening with those vouchers now that they have raised prices, removed services, and changed all the tiers.

Quote:

3) I mistakenly sent 2 comics for grading but no pressing, along with 4 books to be both pressed and graded. Is it safe to assume they just keep them together so likely all arrive back together?

That I can't answer. I sent one submission to CGC once that had a custom label for one book, grading for a few, and a press for one. I paid 3 return shipping costs. I can only assume it's the same here. Let us know next June.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
1) It changes shortly after they are delivered to “Processing”

2) You don’t receive anything. You just write that you want to use them on the invoice that you include with your books

3) They will all come back together
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BillinCanada private msg quote post Address this user
Many thanks to Sigur_Ros and dielinfinite!
It's great for the company that they have so many active hobby supporters. Without you folks I think many people would be more concerned at the lack of replies to emails. Both competitors got back to me in a day when I had questions. I'll just be patient and thanks again!
Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Many thanks to Sigur_Ros and dielinfinite!
It's great for the company that they have so many active hobby supporters. Without you folks I think many people would be more concerned at the lack of replies to emails. Both competitors got back to me in a day when I had questions. I'll just be patient and thanks again!

Don't be fooled, most of us "supporters" are pretty disappointed in their customer service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601461 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?