Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPSignatures

Tynion signings arrived, sort of.17328

Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
I recently got back 4/5 of the books I sent for the Tynion signature event. Apparently they weren't able to get my Tynion/Simmonds book signed. They said they would get Simmonds signature at a future event. Here are the books I did get back.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Those are SO NICE!! Too bad about the one they couldn't get signed yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
That batman 100, is FIRE.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
still waiting on mines but yours are way better!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@Belarak Congrats on the books, but how were your cases? Check them carefully as all of my cases have a large scratch line which almost looks like a small paintbrush from the top left of the case down and on the back too. Every single book that happened to be the same signing has it, some even worse. Customer service has been silent on the issue and getting someone to answer their phone has been impossible.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Some of those scratches are really obvious! The same on different books points to a procedural and/or machining issue.

I just checked. Mine from this signing are STILL in 'pressing.'
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Some of those scratches are really obvious! The same on different books points to a procedural and/or machining issue.I just checked. Mine from this signing are STILL in 'pressing.'

Yeah I think it has to be the machine that heal seals the books is in need of re-calibration. I pray your books and other people's books that they are getting back around now do not have these issues.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Belarak - Congrats! Great looking batch.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Kinsella5 omg did they come in a bag like that?? mines still in processing allegedly!?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Lordsloth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, mine are still in processing/pressing as well.

I had the same issue with the Simmonds signature, where they have to get it at a future signing, so hopefully that won't take another year to get back..
Post 11 IP   flag post
lol gotta get spongebob pics 19 days later from last text.21-25A2E2E
Jul 6, 2021 10:10 PM. still in -processing-. -- 22-0ED20AC
Mar 15, 2022- submited- 12:09 PM which was part of the first one.only 60 days to go, maybe?? whats the record anyway??
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsloth
Yeah, mine are still in processing/pressing as well.

You are not alone. I have 4 books I sent - 3 for Tynion + Jimenez and 1 for Tynion - thst are still in 'pressing.'
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd is pressing b4 or after processing?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
@Byrdibyrd is pressing b4 or after processing?

Should be pressing, then grading or processing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
aahhh thanks i dont have be kicking n screaming now @Scifinator . ohhh getting goose bump lol damm just a rash
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
@Kinsella5 omg did they come in a bag like that?? mines still in processing allegedly!?

Sorry for the delay, don't get on as much, all the books were bagged by CBCS upon arrival, all have the same scratches front and back, and some worse than that. Customer service has been terrible on the issue, and I certainly am not the only one who had/has the issue, have talked to a number of people who have experienced the same with books recently received back from CBCS.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsloth
Yeah, mine are still in processing/pressing as well. I had the same issue with the Simmonds signature, where they have to get it at a future signing, so hopefully that won't take another year to get back..

The Simmmonds books are expected to be signed later this month at MegaCon in Orlando. Part of my 50+ Tynion/Dell'Ederra books that I had sent in last summer for the signing, two of them were for Tynion/Simmonds but was told that they were not not signed last year so those two will get signed by Tynion and Simmonds later this month and then get sent to CBCS. I suspect they will be put through under a "rush" service because they were overlooked last year. Hopefully the issue with the CBCS cases will have been long since resolved by the time those are being graded.
Post 18 IP   flag post
601305 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?