Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeGrading Help Needed

Guideline for tears ?17321

Collector AldoG private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I bought this comic today and i would like to know the impact of a very small tear on the grade.
Without considering the 0.3cm Tear, the comic is in perfect condition.
What grade Do you think i can get?
Thanks a lot

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Probably @ CGC a .5. LOL!

Most likely a 9.0-9.2
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Where is this tear? If its at the top/bottom of the spine and is printing/bindery damage, usually considered less of a defect. If it just got ripped somewhere along an edge, then I agree with the previous answer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
Where is this tear? If its at the top/bottom of the spine and is printing/bindery damage, usually considered less of a defect. If it just got ripped somewhere along an edge, then I agree with the previous answer.

Right side about 1/3 way down on the pic
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
you'd be surprise. still worth getting it graded. i am considering getting comics graded that I know a major decuction (the digital code sticker removed hear takes .6 pts off or something) but if I can get a good grade even with that...Ill be happy.

TickTockTyler is probably right with grade as seems minor tear and only defect I can tell. if you can get a grade around that...its good
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector AldoG private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Dry the small tear up with a paper towel and try to not get so emotional next time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
598058 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?