Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

First time submitting to cbcs17308

Collector sylcarlin private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 10 comics to the cbcs Canadian office by express mail.tracking said it arrived April 1.it’s April 10th and no confirmation they received it yet.the reviews gave the impression that they email at every step of the process and tat at 8 weeks
Can anyone tell me their experience and times of each step it took and what I could expect
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
they get entered as submitted once they arrive to the main CBCS office in Texas. you will be waiting a while with current TAT times. TAT has not been 8 weeks in very long, you are in for like 8 month wait but check out the TAT thread to see current updates from people
Post 2 IP   flag post
Do they send you any emails or you just have to look on your account.
Any idea long it takes to get to Texas
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylcarlin
I submitted 10 comics to the cbcs Canadian office by express mail.tracking said it arrived April 1.it’s April 10th and no confirmation they received it yet.the reviews gave the impression that they email at every step of the process and tat at 8 weeks
Can anyone tell me their experience and times of each step it took and what I could expect

Your TAT will depend upon what tier you submitted your books in. Some of the tiers for newer books can actually go relatively quickly. Did you ship 2-Day Modern or something?

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
Post 4 IP   flag post
it can take a while but mine was around the border just opening up. they have someone come over to take care of it so it can take a good long time to get an update. The process requires a lot of patience but you will see updates on your account dashboard when it happens and i think i did get an email for reception
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks
I submitted all golden and silver age comics
Except 1 modern
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info
I have another question
I have Batman #12 with old tape on the spine and action #252 with a felt marker name in the middle
Is it possible to remove these safely
And would it be considered restoration
Any advice on this
Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Removal of a foreign substance is not restoration.

Quote:
Thanks for the info
I have another question
I have Batman #12 with old tape on the spine and action #252 with a felt marker name in the middle
Is it possible to remove these safely
And would it be considered restoration
Any advice on this
Post 8 IP   flag post
Any advice on how to do it or recommend who can do it
Post 9 IP   flag post
Also I just checked and a membership is now $200
Just wondering if it is worth it to get one
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
only if you are going to be sending in lots of books like over 100
Post 11 IP   flag post
Looking at the new rates and tats
If I send comics in and pay the express price the tat is 14 days and the regular tat is 226 days
Is this true
Seems like a big difference in tats
Post 12 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Received in the mail is not the same as "received" into the system.
I sent books last year, first week of July. They got them in 2 days (the tracking said so). I got an email first week of September saying they were received. That's 2 months. Be patient and don't worry about them.

Quote:
Do they send you any emails or you just have to look on your account.
Any idea long it takes to get to Texas

I did get emails pretty much every step of the way, when they were received, when they went from received to grading, etc.

Quote:
Any advice on how to do it or recommend who can do it

I don't think they like us talking about outside options but there are plenty of people who offer professional "Pressing and cleaning". Look up some who do more serious stuff like you're asking. Are you on social media? That would make them easy to find. I know CBCS does pressing, though I don't know how good it is but I have no idea if they do cleaning or substance removals. Would probably add another year onto the turnaround though, lol.

Quote:

With that you get 10% off grading. So if you send in $2,000 worth of grading in one year, you have paid for the membership. Otherwise, you haven't.

I don't, so it's not worth it to me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ok thanks for the info
Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
i submitted to them at convention. took a month to get email they recieved it
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Canadian submissions take forever to show up as "Received" if you send them through the Canadian office. My first submission didn't show up as received until 3-4 months after they arrived in Oakville. It also adds a few months to have them delivered back to you once they get shipped. I learned my lesson last time and submit all of mine directly to the Dallas office now, cuts months off my wait time and they show up as "Received" within a week or even days of arrival giving me a lot more peace of mind.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If you haven't read any of the other threads, then just stick to this thread, otherwise you're going to be in for some major disappointment when it comes to turnaround time and customer service.
Post 17 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@sylcarlin welcome
Confucius says patience is a virtue....
Breath in.....Breath out.....
You have come to the best grading company.
Go to TAT thread for more accurate updates.
CS may/or man not reply to your inquiries.
Don't believe what your dashboard says, its going to be way behind where your books truly are in the system.
Example: I have a submission that was received in Dallas back in the 1st week of September. My dashboard says it's received. But customer service says it's in pre-grade.
I recommend participating in some of the other threads and enjoy being here in the forum.
Cheers...
Post 18 IP   flag post
600782 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?