Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeWant to Buy

The best Venom comic book covers of all time?17299

Collector TheNerdHoard private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a massive Venom fan and my collection is pretty out of control at this point. I thought it might be cool to break out my list of the best Venom covers (some of which I own, and some of which I really want). Here are my picks:

- Amazing Spider-Man #316
- Amazing Spider-Man #317
- Amazing Spider-Man #332
- Amazing Spider-Man #346
- Amazing Spider-Man #347
- Amazing Spider-Man #362
- Venom: Lethal Protector #1
- Amazing Spider-Man #375
- Venom: The Enemy Within #1
- Venom: Finale #3
- Venom vs Carnage #1
- Venom: Dark Origin #4
- Venom / Deadpool: What If? #1
- Venom #6
- Venom #1
- Venom #3
- Venom First Host #1 (1:25 Variant)
- Venom #7
- Venom #9
- Marvel Action Spider-Man #10 (1:10 Variant)

I actually threw these onto my blog recently with more details if anyone is interested (appreciate any reads and feedback): https://thenerdhoard.com/venom-comic-book-covers/

Would also love to know the community's thoughts if I'm missing any?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user
Venom Lethal Protector 1 with the red (or gold) holo foil cover is a popular one and I like Amazing Spider-man 374 myself
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TheNerdHoard private msg quote post Address this user
Solid choices, Ryan! Love ASM #374 as well (thought about throwing that one onto the list). Thanks for the reco!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I think only like half of the list are on my favorites Venom covers list. A lot just don’t do anything for me. Some of my favorites not on the list:

I’m not sure if this was ever used on a comic proper (aside from the back cover of the Lethal Protector Gold Edition) but I love Larson’s cover on the Venom Returns

Venom: Carnage Unleashed by Mark Texeira

I’ve always loved Greg Luzniak’s take on Venom and I just love the energy of this cover

Not Eddie Brock but this 2099 cover by Jae Lee has always been one of my favorites

Liam Sharpe is probably up there with Bagley as one of my favorite Venom artists. He really captured the massive, dangerous look of the character

I also commissioned this cover from him

Not a comic book but Glenn Fabry’s art for the Separation Anxiety video game (more closely based on Lethal Protector) is some of my all-time favorite Venom art and I wish it would grace a proper cover.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector scratchtasia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a Venom fan, but I thought the ComicTom101 variant of the recent Venom #1 was a standout.

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/venom/1-TOM/phtpnup
Post 5 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Spirits of Vengeance #6
One of my favorite Venom covers
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Any cover not by Humberto Ramos 👍
Post 8 IP   flag post
600866 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?