Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeFor Sale

MCS Prime Auction Underway (links and Pics within)17276

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I notice there's a whole bunch of CBCS books currently at the top of the "New Listings" section for MCS. Is that you dropping prices late at night?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - Yes and no. Yes, many of those (about 200) have been my additions over the past several days. No, they are not price reductions, just the newest batch of comics that I decided to send in to MCS.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder - Since the deadline originally ended at Midnight on Sunday, there was only 1 entry. If Plasm is indeed the Highest paid bid, then Nearmint67 wins. If something else is the highest, then Nearmint67 does not win the mystery prize. So, if I extend the deadline, it only penalizes Nearmint67 timely entry if I allow someone else to enter a Plasm bid guess. As such, I am not allowing any other guess for Plasm. But, in effect if Plasm is not the highest paid bid, then nobody will win which is why I extended for 1 more day as long as the guess is not Plasm.

tic toc
Post 28 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Just a suggestion, I think you may be missing out on a bit of exposure opportunity by listing them so late at night. I don't claim to have it down to a science, but being on the west coast I try not to list anything or lower prices after 9 pm our time. Just trying to maximize the amount of views in the "New Listings" section before they get buried. Listing too late at night cuts out the 75% of the country that has gone to bed. I also don't like to list or reduce price while an MCS auction is going on. I figure people are less likely to buy fixed price listings until they know how much they've spent on the auctions. This is all theory of course, no science or data behind it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@ComicHoarder - Since the deadline originally ended at Midnight on Sunday, there was only 1 entry. If Plasm is indeed the Highest paid bid, then Nearmint67 wins. If something else is the highest, then Nearmint67 does not win the mystery prize. So, if I extend the deadline, it only penalizes Nearmint67 timely entry if I allow someone else to enter a Plasm bid guess. As such, I am not allowing any other guess for Plasm. But, in effect if Plasm is not the highest paid bid, then nobody will win which is why I extended for 1 more day as long as the guess is not Plasm.

tic toc

Bleh.

I am still betting Plasm sells for $250 or more.

If I win, you may bow ro my market suave, no mystery prize needed 😉

Just breaking your balls, guy...

Tbh, I don't see much really even close ri comparable in FMV off the Plasm 0 but you never know....and the Darkhawk may be a surprise, depending on census count & availability...all you need is 2 registry set collectors to turn what would otherwise be a $100 or so slab onto a $300-$600 slab.

FWIW, there is also some sort of legit rare variant to that Valiant Vision book or something like that....I vaguely remember Valliantman (sp?) on the CGC forum posting it was a super tough book.

May have been a manufacturing error book, tho I kinda wanna say it has a price variant...maybe just super tough in newsstand 9.8.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Auction ends tonight, we will see if there is a winner!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Scifinator
Plasm 1993 Diamond Insert 0 CBCS 9.8 is my guess with a high bid of 245.00
Thanks for playing here on the Price is Right!!!!

And the winner is @Nearmint67 !!! Please PM me your name and address so I can send you your mystery prize.
Post 32 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Thank you, thank you very much....
You are the host with the most.
Cheers
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Somebody got a good deal on the 9.8 Plasm.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@Scifinator Somebody got a good deal on the 9.8 Plasm.

Yeah, I should have thrown a bid on it, wouldn't pay much higher for resale as it's a book that would probably take a while to sell...$106 would be my max.

Surprised the Darkhawk went for $19,I should have thrown a bid on that at 25 too.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of nice looking Valiant books!

Ive been getting some similar Valiant titles from my auction buy listed in my Hip Comic store.

Hip Comic store listing

Hip Comic Store Listing

Hip Comic Store Listing

Hip Comic Store Listing

Hip Comic Store Listing
Post 36 IP   flag post
598103 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?