Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Tom Cruise joins MCU17194

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Certain actors have scripts written with that actor in mind. Tom Cruise and Nick Cage both come to mind. They don't stray far from their successful formula. That could work for the MCU since every movie is pretty much the same. People like the familiar.

Edit: Tom Cruise is short. He could play Puck or Pip. He's pretty much a dwarf amongst midgets.
Bucky? Like from Nomad being carried around in Nomads backpack or piggy back. That may be more appropriate.

Wow way off tangent: I enjoy 80s Cruise classics. after that you get the formulated Cruise. I did enjoy War of the Worlds though.. I know I know.. it was trash.. I’m a one percenter on that one.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I did enjoy War of the Worlds though.. I know I know.. it was trash.. I’m a one percenter on that one.

After 5 minutes of Dakota Fanning screaming I called it quits. I can't imagine how many minutes she screams throughout the entire film.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/lpcpmv/war_of_the_worlds_2005_is_a_great_movie_but/

Best comment from Reddit:

"No hate for Fanning, she plays it great. But I wished Tom Cruise would have just left her in his house, or in the basement, or in the car or eventually just thrown her off a building or something."
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Certain actors have scripts written with that actor in mind. Tom Cruise and Nick Cage both come to mind.

I would add Bill Murray to that list.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
You talking about Tom cruise or will smith?

Your friend just won Best Actor. Maybe he truly is up there with some more recent winners, Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman. Looking at some past winners, I suppose it isn't all that surprising, Leonardo Dicaprio, who I can't stand, has won one as well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

I didnt watch his film that he won the award fir, but I can imagine him yelling, "now that's what I'm talking about!"

In every film I can recall seeing with him he is the angry dude that is the hotshot or best at whatever the film happens to be.

I like some of his stuff, but if you are going for dynamic range of acting, look elsewhere.....
Post 30 IP   flag post

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Tom Cruise is a good actor an all that, but I have reservations on his capabilities as a Marvel Hero. I wouldn’t be sold on his super hero “swagger” don’t know how else to say it. However I think I would welcome Mr Scientology as a villain. I think I could get behind him as someone I love to hate.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
However I think I would welcome Mr Scientology as a villain.

I like the way you're thinking. Somebody cerebral and magnetic but evil. Like they did with Jude Law. Maybe a Purple Man?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Your friend just won Best Actor. Maybe he truly is up there with some more recent winners, Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman. Looking at some past winners, I suppose it isn't all that surprising, Leonardo Dicaprio, who I can't stand, has won one as well.

Funny, I just started "King Richard" last night and got halfway through before I had to go to bed. Will Smith plays Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams. It leaves no doubt that he is a natural gifted and charismatic actor who can play extremely complex characters.
Post 33 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Is he playing Puck?

My first thought was Pip the Troll.

Patton Oswalt already has that role.
Post 34 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
who could he play? Wolverine? Puck (as some joked)? a villain?

Superior Iron Man has been the popular conjecture.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
lol this movie is turning into Austin Powers

Post 36 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Funny, I just started "King Richard" last night and got halfway through before I had to go to bed. Will Smith plays Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams. It leaves no doubt that he is a natural gifted and charismatic actor who can play extremely complex characters.

And apparently deliver a smack down on the Oscar stage without consequences.
Post 37 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 38 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
whatever roll he plays will be a 1 and done - he's too old for them to build a franchise or series of movies around...what 60 now...so 63 if they start shooting now before 1st film is released and 64/65 before 2nd starts - pushing 70 when that gets released??
Post 39 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting for Tom Cruise to reprise his roll as Les Grossman. “Past the Knees”
Post 40 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 41 IP   flag post
597878 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?