Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Tom Cruise joins MCU17194

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to get thoughts on this. Personally I’m skeptical at best. The Eternals got some big names (Angelina, Salma) and that movie fell flat for me. Marvel seems to be going from bigger characters and arguably lesser known actors to lesser known characters and big name actors. I’m not a fan.

And while yes RDJ is a big name, Iron Man resurrected his career a bit. That’s my 2 cents.
Post 1 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Tom Cruise was and is a much bigger name than RDJ (including RDJ post MCU).

They (Disney) are seeing some issues with Box Office on their latest string of films, in particular given their budgets and likely less visible “back end” costs.

Tom Cruise, whatever views are on his personal life, is a very capable actor and huge box office pull.

That said, the MCU has become so Disneyfied and boring that I don’t think even Cruise can save it from its continued decline.

The next Strange movie will probably be a dead cat bounce with a strong Box Office (if only due to the MV angle) followed by a string of disappointments…
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Is he playing Puck?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Is he playing Puck?

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Oh please oh please oh please oh please…!!! 🤞🤞🤞
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Tom Cruise as Puck…@Studley_Dudley you get today’s Genius award! Love it!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Is he playing Puck?

My first thought was Pip the Troll.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Is he playing Puck?

My first thought was Pip the Troll.

I can second that thought.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I heard cruise was originally offered the role of Tony stark but turned it down. He's rumored to play superior Ironman in strange 2
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
What Marvel needs to do is get rid of all the Woke content from both the Comics AND the Movies.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkiel
What Marvel needs to do is get rid of all the Woke content from both the Comics AND the Movies.

x2
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
If Cruise can play Reacher then my guess is he will be Colossus when they bring in the X-Men!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics 🤣 🤣
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Years ago.early mid 1990s Cruise was considered to do iron man. Marvel went bankrupt. The rest is history.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Tom Cruise is not written into a movie,,.. the movie is written around Tom Cruise.
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Tom Cruise is not written into a movie,,.. the movie is written around Tom Cruise.

There's no small roles, only small actors. Oh... wait.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

There's no small roles, only small actors. Oh... wait.
HA

If he does appear as Iron Man they better play Danger Zone during a flight scene
Post 17 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
i remember there were those who theorized he'd be in Multiverse of Madness as an Iron Man variant...especially for the Illuminati. reasoning was...he was almost cast as Iron Man

but who could he play? Wolverine? Puck (as some joked)? a villain?
Post 18 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I hope not his acting has gotten horrible. It’s the same character in ever movie. Watch one movie with him it you have seen them all.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head

You talking about Tom cruise or will smith?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Tom Cruise for sure his acting sucks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the day they summed up all his performances to be clones of top gun. Hot shot so and so comes out on top....

But to be honest a lot if Hollywood actors are like that. Will Smith is one of the worst....
Post 22 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Nicholas Cage: “hold my beer”
Post 23 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Certain actors have scripts written with that actor in mind. Tom Cruise and Nick Cage both come to mind. They don't stray far from their successful formula. That could work for the MCU since every movie is pretty much the same. People like the familiar.

Edit: Tom Cruise is short. He could play Puck or Pip. He's pretty much a dwarf amongst midgets.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I hope not his acting has gotten horrible. It’s the same character in ever movie. Watch one movie with him it you have seen them all.

I feel the same way about Denzel Washington. He has the same mannerisms in every single film.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Certain actors have scripts written with that actor in mind. Tom Cruise and Nick Cage both come to mind. They don't stray far from their successful formula. That could work for the MCU since every movie is pretty much the same. People like the familiar.

Edit: Tom Cruise is short. He could play Puck or Pip. He's pretty much a dwarf amongst midgets.
Bucky? Like from Nomad being carried around in Nomads backpack or piggy back. That may be more appropriate.

Wow way off tangent: I enjoy 80s Cruise classics. after that you get the formulated Cruise. I did enjoy War of the Worlds though.. I know I know.. it was trash.. I’m a one percenter on that one.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I did enjoy War of the Worlds though.. I know I know.. it was trash.. I’m a one percenter on that one.

After 5 minutes of Dakota Fanning screaming I called it quits. I can't imagine how many minutes she screams throughout the entire film.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/lpcpmv/war_of_the_worlds_2005_is_a_great_movie_but/

Best comment from Reddit:

"No hate for Fanning, she plays it great. But I wished Tom Cruise would have just left her in his house, or in the basement, or in the car or eventually just thrown her off a building or something."
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Certain actors have scripts written with that actor in mind. Tom Cruise and Nick Cage both come to mind.

I would add Bill Murray to that list.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
You talking about Tom cruise or will smith?

Your friend just won Best Actor. Maybe he truly is up there with some more recent winners, Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman. Looking at some past winners, I suppose it isn't all that surprising, Leonardo Dicaprio, who I can't stand, has won one as well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@flanders

I didnt watch his film that he won the award fir, but I can imagine him yelling, "now that's what I'm talking about!"

In every film I can recall seeing with him he is the angry dude that is the hotshot or best at whatever the film happens to be.

I like some of his stuff, but if you are going for dynamic range of acting, look elsewhere.....
Post 30 IP   flag post
601366 41 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?