Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

CBCS witness signing at convention - separate invoice for each?17186

Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, looking for some feedback on the process for signings at cons that CBCS will be at. Went through the newbie thread and it does not answer (or I missed) if it is best to create an invoice for each creator or create 1 invoice for all?

What are others experience where you have multiple signings to be witnessed? If book is signed by creator #1, does CBCS take books or hold onto them while next books get signed or wait until all signings by other creators are done to process?

The con/event will be Wicked Con in Boston.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Hou create a single invoice for the entire show. Not for individual creators.

I can’t speak to the rest since it has been ages since I’ve been to a show where I was reliant on CBCS’ booth witnesses
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
1 invoice for your entire submission (assuming they're all in the same submission tier). You wouldn't want to mix VSP or press with modern. wouldn't want 2-day with expanded, etc...

The witness will follow you around to multiple tables all in one shot, if it makes sense to do so. First day of cons are typically slow and this is easier to do. If it gets really busy this may be harder. During this process as long as the witness is with you, you hold onto your book.

If a creator doesn't show on time to the con (delayed flight, late night, whatever), you may find that people you want to all sign the same book aren't all available at the same time. In this case, you would need to give the book to CBCS and go retrieve it (and get the witness back) when the additional creator has returned to their table.

Last year at Megacon, they told me they're "not holding any orders open". If that's a new con policy, I'm not sure how they would do multiple signatures from multiple people on the same book if the creators aren't all available at the same time. It would probably be worth checking the creators are at their booth before grabbing a witness. Something I try to do anyway, but some of the creators are pretty slippery.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Best bet is to see if you can be approved as a personal AW and not have to bother with the hassle of bothering the AWs at the booth

Read more information here

Contact the signature services program coordinator, Matt Edwards, about approvals at medwards@cbcscomics.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Best bet is to see if you can be approved as a personal AW and not have to bother with the hassle of bothering the AWs at the booth

Read more information here

Contact the signature services program coordinator, Matt Edwards, about approvals at medwards@cbcscomics.com

I was just going to suggest this. The one time I did AW at MegaCon Orlando I got approved on the spot as an AW to get my signatures. They had no one available at the time to go with me so I think it was the easiest solution. If confused you can always ask at the booth and they will assist. I've always found whoever is staffing the CBCS booth to be really helpful in these situations.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
No offense to Matt, I've tried this twice and never gotten an email response.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the information. Appreciate the feedback.
Nice option of the Personal Use for ASP however I will not qualify for a couple of reasons. Con is less than 2 weeks away and it requires 10+ books to submit. I was looking at somewhere close to 5.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@waynemel If you check further down, they lowered the minimum to five
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@waynemel If you check further down, they lowered the minimum to five

Oh my..I missed that...thanks @dielinfinite I just sent email to Matt. Let's see what happens
Post 9 IP   flag post
597898 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?