Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestions

Comic book data base17167

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any site like comic book data base around since they went kaput? like where i can type a creator, artist etc. to find out their works by first published work and what they have done in their careers?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
Is there any site like comic book data base around since they went kaput? like where i can type a creator, artist etc. to find out their works by first published work and what they have done in their careers?

Try Key Collector. There's alot of good information on their site. It can be a little confusing to use but I use it all the time to find first works by artists.

Key Collector Comics
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Comic Book DB was awesome! Nothing compares to it IMO.

There's https://www.comics.org but it can be hit or miss.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I miss CBD. I learned so much on that site!!! For years, it was my go to for everything comic book related.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I use GCD
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I use GCD
This. Interface isn't as good, but only thing I've found that's close. And still free. When you get into the creator you are trying to find a book for, you should sort it by publisher.
Post 6 IP   flag post
thanks still had bookmarks for some people on it but now info not available now. tried on my own to find some but nothing showed up worth a darn. just general info crap.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I use GCD

I use that and Comic Vine now. I don't trust CV, but it's great for creators and to find stuff quickly. I sometimes double check info from CV on GCD.
Post 8 IP   flag post
you guys are so much cooler than I am. none of them showed up for me when i searched on my own. checking some of my slabs and couldnt remember why i had them signed instead of the usual suspects like secret wars 8 or most note able character that they did. but first robotech cover for them or first published work that they did. I do signatures generally by first published, and/or first batman cover and so on. so again thank you and any more sites i will check them out too
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
On GCD, use the Advanced Search window to get the specific information you want to find, and use sections for date limits or publishers or country.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
you guys are so much cooler than I am. none of them showed up for me when i searched on my own. checking some of my slabs and couldnt remember why i had them signed instead of the usual suspects like secret wars 8 or most note able character that they did. but first robotech cover for them or first published work that they did. I do signatures generally by first published, and/or first batman cover and so on. so again thank you and any more sites i will check them out too

It's all about using the right combo of filters when searching. Once you've figured out the best way to search for something specific, it's invaluable.
And you can contribute by adding or correcting info. Sometimes a credited writer/artist has a (?) next to his/her name, meaning it isn't a 100% sure thing. I've seen many credited work for Mike Royer, and I'd ask him if he did indeed work on them. If he didn't, I would then inform GCD that the info came straight from the source and they corrected them. After awhile they seemed to readily accept my info, and corrections happened faster.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601329 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?