Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Thanos Quest (1990) How to tell???17150

Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
How to distinguish the 1st and 2nd prints? And how to distinguish Direct vs Newsstand? After looking through several offered on eBay, I see no differences in barcode, cover price, indicia, colors, etc. Surely there's something I'm missing, as they are distinguished in the listings.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The second print was a year after the original, so you would probably have to check the inside cover or bottom of the first page for the publication date.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it's stated in the indicia. It's a roll of the dice if it's in a slab.
If it's in a PGX slab, it's a 2nd print.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonslade
How to distinguish the 1st and 2nd prints? And how to distinguish Direct vs Newsstand? After looking through several offered on eBay, I see no differences in barcode, cover price, indicia, colors, etc. Surely there's something I'm missing, as they are distinguished in the listings.
I don't think there was a newsstand version since it's a prestige book.
And you can't see the indicia of a slabbed book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I found an old post that tells how...not much good if it's in a slab though.

Difference in Thanos Quest #1 first & second prints?
Post 5 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I have the 2012 reprint

Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I believe once the answer is offered, the unwritten rule states the thread becomes an appreciation thread.

No pics of the indicia.

Post 7 IP   flag post
598066 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?