Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCertified Comics For SaleComics Modern AgeFor Sale

Noobs are the experts on slabs and God forbid if yours isn't good enough17138

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Let’s just say my points are:
A) as an individual, I’m cynical dealing with Ebay CS and would set low expectations
B) overall I think (my non-legal opinion) that Ebay could be subject to a class action suit based on their general and specific policies and practices.

The two points are only related to the extent someone wants to get something like that in motion. It is a lot of time and effort. My guess is that it will happen, eventually.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
thegoondocksmichigan

In future you may wish to check buyer's feedback (although not much you can do).

Some positive feedback left by other sellers in the first 2 pages:

Sellers Beware. Refused package, never received back, opened case/CC dispute.
Buyer cancels orders, beware!
Buyer backed out after winning then offered to complete transaction at almost $100 less. SCAM ARTIST

If the seller was smart, or cared, he could contact ebay and have those comments removed. They are in violation of their TOS for Feedback.

Here's a copy of the feedback policy

"Any misuse of feedback is not allowed. Feedback comments should match the positive or negative rating that was given in both buyer and seller feedback. For example, a negative comment should not be left with a positive rating."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-misuse-policy?id=5030

think you mean buyer
Post 52 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
thegoondocksmichigan

In future you may wish to check buyer's feedback (although not much you can do).

Some positive feedback left by other sellers in the first 2 pages:

Sellers Beware. Refused package, never received back, opened case/CC dispute.
Buyer cancels orders, beware!
Buyer backed out after winning then offered to complete transaction at almost $100 less. SCAM ARTIST

If the seller was smart, or cared, he could contact ebay and have those comments removed. They are in violation of their TOS for Feedback.

Here's a copy of the feedback policy

"Any misuse of feedback is not allowed. Feedback comments should match the positive or negative rating that was given in both buyer and seller feedback. For example, a negative comment should not be left with a positive rating."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-misuse-policy?id=5030

think you mean buyer

yes correct - i have fixed the error
Post 53 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
They are an aggregated platform - not a seller. (think newspaper with classified adds in the back pages).

I just can't see this comparison. Ebay explicitly stands between buyers and sellers until the transaction is complete. Any communication needs to go through them. Ebay has more in common with a consignment house or a broker than with classified ads.
I can tell you that in my one outreach to Ebay I personally facilitated a major change. Years ago sellers were selling insurance as a separate charge from the item and shipping. Most of the sellers were buying the insurance from USPS but some were pocketing the money and claiming that they had "self-insured". After I had a seller do this, I pointed out to Ebay that there was an awful lot of insurance brokering and underwriting occurring on their site and that most states requires licenses, regulations or bonds for such things. Shortly after, they changed the rules, appropriately, so that insurance was no longer being sold as something that could be purchased independent of the shipping. Maybe it was just coincidental timing, but the change happened within weeks of my written message...and it had gone on for years. So I don't believe they are not open to change when presented with a paper trail documenting that they may be facilitating illegal activities.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
They are an aggregated platform - not a seller. (think newspaper with classified adds in the back pages).

I just can't see this comparison. Ebay explicitly stands between buyers and sellers until the transaction is complete. Any communication needs to go through them. Ebay has more in common with a consignment house or a broker than with classified ads.
I can tell you that in my one outreach to Ebay I personally facilitated a major change. Years ago sellers were selling insurance as a separate charge from the item and shipping. Most of the sellers were buying the insurance from USPS but some were pocketing the money and claiming that they had "self-insured". After I had a seller do this, I pointed out to Ebay that there was an awful lot of insurance brokering and underwriting occurring on their site and that most states requires licenses, regulations or bonds for such things. Shortly after, they changed the rules, appropriately, so that insurance was no longer being sold as something that could be purchased independent of the shipping. Maybe it was just coincidental timing, but the change happened within weeks of my written message...and it had gone on for years. So I don't believe they are not open to change when presented with a paper trail documenting that they may be facilitating illegal activities.

Even though eBay is not the best selling platform (no contest there), I agree with @EbayMafia in that they are actively trying to improve aspects of the site. I, also, had an experience with them that may or may not have helped bring about a significant change. I had an international buyer who threatened to give negative feedback if I didn't commit customs fraud and under-report the value of an item so that the buyer would not have to pay duties. Fortunately, the knucklehead was too explicit in the message, and all I had to do was threaten to report the buyer and use the message as evidence, and that resolved the issue. I also had a potential buyer send some very disturbing/threatening messages regarding offers that I did not accept. I was unable to report that, either, because there was no way to report someone who hadn't actually bought/sold anything. Next time I received a survey from eBay, I told them about the incidents that I couldn't do anything about at the time because nothing had actually happened on-site. Threatening messages weren't something that I could report. Since then, eBay has added a means to report questionable activity, to include activity that did not result in a transaction. They have also added a way for sellers to dispute negative feedback. What I want now is to be able to leave negative feedback for crappy buyers. That would make my day.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
@TheRealMrFreeze Same here. I got an ASM 265 off ebay. I looked at all of the corners and edges very closely in the picture and thought it looked great. Never even focused on the middle of the cover. When I got it I saw this big z shaped scratch in the middle of the cover. I looked at the photos again and though due to the grainy picture when zoomed in and the busy cover art that partially obscured the scratch I could still tell that it was definitely there in the picture, I just missed it. Still left positive feedback as that was on me, but I look wayyyy more closely at pictures on ebay now lol.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
FeeBay is and will always be the Wild West since anyone can throw a book up and grade it/price it to their liking. Every purchaser should keep this in mind when perusing the Bay for comics.

All of my important comic purchases are from reputable dealers - not some clown on ebay who is selling their brother's comics.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
All of my important comic purchases are from reputable dealers - not some clown on ebay who is selling their brother's comics.

But sometimes I want to deal with the clown who has only so much knowledge of what they've got. I have made a few very sweet buys from sellers on eBay who either were clueless or were more focused on unloading books quickly rather than getting top dollar.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I went through 3 rounds with my last CGC submission until they got the slab right. It wasn’t even the oil slick. It was scratches all the inside of the case, as well as the inner sleeve. The were 9.8/9.6 comics and the defects in the case made the books look like 9.2 Or worse.

I will hold the graders accountable for a bad slab quality, for sure.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I went through 3 rounds with my last CGC submission until they got the slab right. It wasn’t even the oil slick. It was scratches all the inside of the case, as well as the inner sleeve. The were 9.8/9.6 comics and the defects in the case made the books look like 9.2 Or worse.

I’d place the onus for bad slab quality on the encapsulation department, QC, or whoever’s involved in storage of the slabbing materials well before I’d ever consider the graders causing damage.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrFreeze
Arg that sucks. Someone gets buyers remorse, wants their money back and your eBay rating is held for ransom.

Not necessarily true.

You can dispute a return and win, if you CALL eBay....you'll lose a dispute 99% of the time if you don't make a phone call.

If you have "Returns Accepted" you can't dispute it at all. They can return it for any reason and ebay will always side with the buyer.

If you have "Returns Not Accepted" you can dispute it and if there isn't a valid reason for them wanting to return it eBay may decide in the sellers favor.

This also is not wholly correct.

And yes, I speak from experience.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

I’d place the onus for bad slab quality on the encapsulation department, QC, or whoever’s involved in storage of the slabbing materials well before I’d ever consider the graders causing damage.

Agreed. As I understand, the graders have little, if anything, to do with the quality of slabs or slabbing. It has to be encapsulation, QC, possibly shipping because handling could account for a number of problems, or materials for buying, inspecting, and approving shoddy stock.
Post 62 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Arg that sucks. Someone gets buyers remorse, wants their money back and your eBay rating is held for ransom.

Not necessarily true.

You can dispute a return and win, if you CALL eBay....you'll lose a dispute 99% of the time if you don't make a phone call.

If you have "Returns Accepted" you can't dispute it at all. They can return it for any reason and ebay will always side with the buyer.

If you have "Returns Not Accepted" you can dispute it and if there isn't a valid reason for them wanting to return it eBay may decide in the sellers favor.

Then you most likely were lucky with your experience or perhaps they changed the rules. I used to have returns accepted in my listings and then one day I sold an item, the buyer paid, and I shipped it out. The buyer received with no problems and then two days later asked for a return.
Her reason was "I found it for a cheaper price".

So I decline the return request, she opens a case, and eBay refunds her money right away.
I call eBay and the CSR tells me since I have the returns accepted active in my listings the buyer can return the item for any reason to receive a full refund. There was nothing I could do about it.

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule since you have had a different experience.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
since I have the returns accepted active in my listings the buyer can return the item for any reason to receive a full refund.

Exactly that. It's a reason why I do NOT automatically accept returns. I suspect one reason why I don't have buyers try to pull stunts like that (return for a rubbish reason) on me is because they know I can dispute their return request. That being said, though, I have accepted every return that has been requested, even the eye-rolling "I don't like the Newton rings" one. I had to admit that my photos didn't show how extensive they were (thanks, CGC).
Post 64 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:

Even though eBay is not the best selling platform (no contest there), I agree with @EbayMafia in that they are actively trying to improve aspects of the site. I, also, had an experience with them that may or may not have helped bring about a significant change. I had an international buyer who threatened to give negative feedback if I didn't commit customs fraud and under-report the value of an item so that the buyer would not have to pay duties. Fortunately, the knucklehead was too explicit in the message, and all I had to do was threaten to report the buyer and use the message as evidence, and that resolved the issue. I also had a potential buyer send some very disturbing/threatening messages regarding offers that I did not accept. I was unable to report that, either, because there was no way to report someone who hadn't actually bought/sold anything. Next time I received a survey from eBay, I told them about the incidents that I couldn't do anything about at the time because nothing had actually happened on-site. Threatening messages weren't something that I could report. Since then, eBay has added a means to report questionable activity, to include activity that did not result in a transaction. They have also added a way for sellers to dispute negative feedback. What I want now is to be able to leave negative feedback for crappy buyers. That would make my day.

" I had an international buyer who threatened to give negative feedback if I didn't commit customs fraud and under-report the value of an item so that the buyer would not have to pay duties."

That's called feedback extortion and is against the ebay rules and TOS. Ive had several people tell me something similar... "Give me a discount or I'll leave you negative". "Refund my shipping or i'll leave you a negative". I ignored them all, they all gave me negative, and a quick phone call to ebay had the negatives removed. 100% of them.

Years back, ebay added the feature for sellers to block buyer purchases and messages. This stops those threats.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not necessarily true.

Then you most likely were lucky with your experience or perhaps they changed the rules. I used to have returns accepted in my listings and then one day I sold an item, the buyer paid, and I shipped it out. The buyer received with no problems and then two days later asked for a return.
Her reason was "I found it for a cheaper price".

So I decline the return request, she opens a case, and eBay refunds her money right away.
I call eBay and the CSR tells me since I have the returns accepted active in my listings the buyer can return the item for any reason to receive a full refund. There was nothing I could do about it.

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule since you have had a different experience.

ebay returns are very simple - and its a game the buyers know well...

If you have "return accepted" - they can return the item regardless of reason within 30 days.

If you dont accept returned, ebay's "money back guarantee" will force the return if the buyer claims "item received broken" or "item not as described". even if none of these things are true, ebay will side with the buyer 100%. Like I said earlier - its a cost of doing business. Deal with it, or leave.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
"If you dont accept returned, ebay's "money back guarantee" will force the return if the buyer claims "item received broken" or "item not as described". even if none of these things are true, ebay will side with the buyer 100%. Like I said earlier - its a cost of doing business. Deal with it, or leave."

I left.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
I left.

Ditto - I only do local cash sales for a couple of reasons.
Ebay policies was only part of the reason; but still part of the reason.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
ebay returns are very simple - and its a game the buyers know well...

If you have "return accepted" - they can return the item regardless of reason within 30 days.

If you dont accept returned, ebay's "money back guarantee" will force the return if the buyer claims "item received broken" or "item not as described". even if none of these things are true, ebay will side with the buyer 100%. Like I said earlier - its a cost of doing business. Deal with it, or leave.

There' a big difference between having "returns accepted" and having "no returns". But anyone who doesn't believe me should just go ahead and do "returns accepted".
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have completely abandoned eBay as a selling marketplace. The fees and the hassle alone made it an easy decision.

Me too. I went from selling $100,000 a year on eBay to being sick and tired of the BS and gave it up. No matter what you do now, as a seller, you get ripped off, either by eBay themselves or by the buyers.

I've had items returned that I did not send the buyer more than once. A buyer outbid a few guys on a rare coin I was selling, he just kept pushing it until he made sure he won. He took the auction past the value of the coin. I just figured he needed it to fill a slot for a customer. Instead, he gets it and opens a dispute saying the coin was fake. I told him I'd take it back and that he didn't need to go through eBay to do that. He would not respond to me. When his package arrived I opened it to find a brand new quarter when what he bought was an 1800s large cent in mint condition. I contacted eBay right away and they said they'd look into it. What did they do? They immediately sent the refund and closed the case! I lost $4500 on that coin.

What eBay figures is that they have to keep their customers happy or they'll go elsewhere. However, when it comes to sellers they know we had only a few choices (this happened 10+ years ago). Now, I only sell face to face. I still buy on eBay since there are so many deals to have by people who don't know how to grade but. I'll never sell there again.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralBill5150
he gets it and opens a dispute saying the coin was fake. I told him I'd take it back and that he didn't need to go through eBay to do that. He would not respond to me. When his package arrived I opened it to find a brand new quarter when what he bought was an 1800s large cent in mint condition

I've heard stories like this before and it just blows my mind. I really don't believe that Ebay's TOS gives them the authority to arbitrate claims of criminal activity. I personally would have insisted that the buyer file a police report before Ebay gave them a refund. We've dealt with this kind of thing in my company. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years someone will claim that something valuable is missing after our guys have done work in their house. Our position is that we aren't going to even discuss it until a police report is filed. That makes it go away every time. Maybe Ebay would have ignored that demand, but I would at least have a paper trail of giving Ebay a request to handle it the right way.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
he gets it and opens a dispute saying the coin was fake. I told him I'd take it back and that he didn't need to go through eBay to do that. He would not respond to me. When his package arrived I opened it to find a brand new quarter when what he bought was an 1800s large cent in mint condition

I've heard stories like this before and it just blows my mind. I really don't believe that Ebay's TOS gives them the authority to arbitrate claims of criminal activity. I personally would have insisted that the buyer file a police report before Ebay gave them a refund. We've dealt with this kind of thing in my company. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years someone will claim that something valuable is missing after our guys have done work in their house. Our position is that we aren't going to even discuss it until a police report is filed. That makes it go away every time. Maybe Ebay would have ignored that demand, but I would at least have a paper trail of giving Ebay a request to handle it the right way.

And now it is even worse. When paypal was the payment provider as a seller - you had additional seller protections - especially if your paypal is a business a/c - eg when I was subject to a switch return item - I filed a police report and based on that police report paypal reimbursed me. That is part of doing business as paypal and part of the fee paypal collects.

Now with managed payment - that is no longer an option in most cases - and ebay still charges similar payment processor fees as payment - but don’t offer the protection, ie the fee goes straight to eBay’s pocket.

As some of you have noticed - I have also scaled down my ebay account account significantly.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Ebay is a powerful company, but the DoJ is more powerful. Check these links out.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/15/21291666/ebay-employees-arrested-journalist-harassment

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/six-former-ebay-employees-charged-aggressive-cyberstalking-campaign-targeting-natick

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/27/22596598/ebay-cyberstalking-campaign-ecommercebytes-philip-cooke-sentenced

https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/28/ebay_security_prison/

ebay executives sentenced to 18 months in federal prison, and ex ceo directing his staff to "take them down" ??

i think they watched too much Sopranos... absolutely insane.

"two former employees were charged and arrested.[1] They are:[3]

James Baugh of San Jose, California. He was eBay’s Senior Director of Safety & Security.
David Harville of New York City. He was eBay’s former Director of Global Resiliency.
Five former employees were charged but not arrested. Each of these individuals was charged with conspiracy to commit cyberstalking and conspiracy to tamper with witnesses. All of them pleaded guilty to the charges.[2] They are:[3]

Stephanie Popp of San Jose, California. She was formerly eBay’s Senior Manager of Global Intelligence. She pleaded guilty in October 2020.[8]

Stephanie Stockwell of Redwood City, California. She was formerly the manager of eBay’s Global Intelligence Center (GIC). She pleaded guilty in October 2020.[9]

Veronica Zea of San Jose, California. She had served as an eBay contractor working as an intelligence analyst in the GIC. She pleaded guilty in October 2020.[8]

Brian Gilbert of San Jose, California. A former police captain,[5] he had been a Senior Manager of Special Operations for eBay’s Global Security Team. He pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit cyberstalking and conspiring to tamper with a witness in October 2020.[5][9]

Philip Cooke of San Jose, California. He was charged in July 2020, in distinction to the others, who were all charged on June 15, 2020.[3] He was a supervisor of security operations. Cooke had formerly worked as a police captain in Santa Clara.[5][10] He pleaded guilty in October 2020[9] and was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison,[5] followed by 3 years of supervised release (including 12 months of house arrest),[11] on July 27, 2021."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBay_stalking_scandal#Charges_filed
Post 73 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Instead, he gets it and opens a dispute saying the coin was fake. I told him I'd take it back and that he didn't need to go through eBay to do that. He would not respond to me. When his package arrived I opened it to find a brand new quarter when what he bought was an 1800s large cent in mint condition.

A shop near me likes to tell the story of how they got a prosthetic leg in the mail. Someone bought a toy from them on eBay, opened a dispute that something was wrong with it, and sent back a prosthetic leg instead of the toy. eBay, of course, didn't fix anything.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s start a Slab Grading Service. Your CGC/CBCS slab will be graded and encased for protection. That NM9.8 New Mutants 98 deserves a 9.8 slab!

*cleaning at additional charge

**Newton rings and creep engine slabs are are non gradable and may be returned or encased without grade at your discretion.
Post 75 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Let’s start a Slab Grading Service. Your CGC/CBCS slab will be graded and encased for protection. That NM9.8 New Mutants 98 deserves a 9.8 slab!

**Newton rings and creep engine slabs are are non gradable and may be returned or encased without grade at your discretion.

Don't give 'em any ideas!!!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Don't give 'em any ideas!!!

Oh, Then you can SLAB THE SLAB!!

And... if that takes off, we could offer an autographed slab of the slab grade.

And upsell a slab of the slab PRESSING.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
I have completely abandoned eBay as a selling marketplace. The fees and the hassle alone made it an easy decision.

Me too. I went from selling $100,000 a year on eBay to being sick and tired of the BS and gave it up. No matter what you do now, as a seller, you get ripped off, either by eBay themselves or by the buyers.

I've had items returned that I did not send the buyer more than once. A buyer outbid a few guys on a rare coin I was selling, he just kept pushing it until he made sure he won. He took the auction past the value of the coin. I just figured he needed it to fill a slot for a customer. Instead, he gets it and opens a dispute saying the coin was fake. I told him I'd take it back and that he didn't need to go through eBay to do that. He would not respond to me. When his package arrived I opened it to find a brand new quarter when what he bought was an 1800s large cent in mint condition. I contacted eBay right away and they said they'd look into it. What did they do? They immediately sent the refund and closed the case! I lost $4500 on that coin.

What eBay figures is that they have to keep their customers happy or they'll go elsewhere. However, when it comes to sellers they know we had only a few choices (this happened 10+ years ago). Now, I only sell face to face. I still buy on eBay since there are so many deals to have by people who don't know how to grade but. I'll never sell there again.

@FuneralBill5150

Sorry to hear that but you can still, more than likely, take action and get your money back.

The buyer filed a "item not as described" case ...or another return request thru ebay?

It sounds like he went through the eBay return process, correct?

I would never ask a buyer to just send it back, unsure why you did that but in any event, there is no reason for you to lose that case...if I were you, I'd follow up on it, and hard.

Buyers like that tend to have a history of opening up new accounts after burning sellers, google searching the buyers full name & address is also helpful in providing ammo for a dispute.

A scammer beat a CGC boardie out of $8500 or so on a CGC slabbed Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 back in 2019, the buyer switched it out and ebay told the seller (CGC boardie) the same thing they told you...and refunded the buyer.

The CGC boardie appealed it and got his money back from paypal....see his comment below, in response to spomeone else's post, who was defrauded and later made whole by paypal

To reinterate, in each of these 2 seperate/unrelated incidents, both ebay sellers here were ripped off (as you were), and later made whole by ebay/paypal.:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/476783-board-member-shoomanfoo-stole-my-comic/?do=findComment&comment=11416391
Post 78 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder i think @funerakbill5150 said it happend 10 years+ ago.

but as perky earlier post - yes where paypal is the processor - seller has additional protection. with ebay transactions - for natural reasons - this is less and less frequent
Post 79 IP   flag post
Correct @poka , I posted the abpove and than read the end of Bill's post on here.

10+ years changes that situation, obviously.

That said, I have yet to be fleeced on ebay, only had 1 buyer attempt to rip me off.

An overseas buyer bought a raw silver age marvel ASM key off me a few years back for a couple hundred, like a Fair, and filed a item not as descried.

He posted up a pic or 2 of the interior of another copy of the same issue #, with a page torn out.

My copy wasn't missing any pages.

Paypal ruled in my favor, after I called them.....I requested that the buyer place the comic I sent him on a table , showing the front and rear of the book so it could be seen that my copy, the book I sent to the buyer was the book being shown, and that he than record opening the first page while keeping the camera on the book during the entire process,and than so on, intil the "ripped out page" was shown....buyer made no response to that request, of course.

After no response was made by the would be scammer ti the end of the dispute window, Paypal than ruled in my favor and I got my money back.

That said, this was before paypal and ebay split up.

If this had happened now, I would have had a lot more trouble getting my money back, as you pointed out above.

The buyer had over a hundred feedbacks, it wasnt a low feedback account or a particularly new account, which was pretty strange.
Post 80 IP   flag post
597877 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?