Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Modern Age of Comics 2009 - Present17101

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
How about copper age from 1985 to 2009

Then Digital age from 2010 where main stream comics become available digitally till say 2020...

So 2021- is modern age?

What you all think?
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t really think Copper needs to be extended since I feel comics in the 90s have some unique distinctions from comics of the late 80s.

Modern, I think, can remain the name of the 90s comics. I know the term was originally used for it’s definition of being contemporary. At this point I think it’s probably taken on its own set of connotations and can be used as it’s own term, the same way Modern art is used.

I’m not sure about names but I gave my thoughts on divisions above: 2003-2008, and 2008-present
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool mini with the concept being that the Marvel universe is able to come into the "real world" and it's set the 1980s so it automatically becomes awesome.

I enjoyed this one too. Kind of a way to recap everything and it gives you all the issue numbers of everything referenced so it was interesting to compare everything in there to what I may have. I can't afford anything now, but it was neat to see what I may add to the list.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Recently got my SIKTC Slaughter Pack. It also came packaged with a printed backing board that I thought was odd, but kinda cool.

Post 33 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 34 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 37 IP   flag post

Post 38 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 IP   flag post

Post 40 IP   flag post

Post 41 IP   flag post

Post 42 IP   flag post
I never thought I would be so happy to have Simon Furman back on a Transformers series, since the IDW 2019 ongoing has been spotty at best. Great miniseries with excellent art by Guido Guidi that really captures the old Marvel magic (at least when Andrew Wildman was doing the art).

Post 43 IP   flag post
Enjoyable read which borrows elements from the season three episode Madman's Paradise. Sword & sorcery meet Transformers. The miniseries and off-shoot series were much better than the main series at this point in time.

Post 44 IP   flag post
A surprisingly fun crossover. I was shocked that I actually enjoyed it.

Post 45 IP   flag post
From the George Perez signing that never happened. RIP, George. Love this gorgeous book.

Yet more from my returns submissions.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Got a couple more:

Post 47 IP   flag post
Just got this back. VERY happy with it. The signatures, by the way, are on the back cover.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Bump to save from archive.
Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post
@GAC
Jealous of your awesome DF signature editions...
Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post

Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post
601257 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?