Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Copper Age of Comics 1985 - 200817100

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
From the 1991 Annuals. The Von Strucker Gambit. Baron Von Strucker unleashes some GMO-type assassins. The Crippler, Guillotine, Sathan. They're not cool. SHIELD gets helped out in this endeavor by DD, Punisher, and Cap.

From the 1992 Annuals. Citizen Kang. Goes a bit into Kang's history since the character can be a convoluted mess at times. FF and Avengers have to team up to fight warriors across different eras of Earth's history.

Post 126 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 127 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
DANG! You win, but at least mine's a newsstand edition.

Post 128 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Nice!!! I didn't pay attention to newstand back in the day....I wish I did. Sweet book!!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 131 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Spidey's Totally Tiny Adventure (1990). Spidey gets shrunken down to size due to some shrinking gas and ends up teaming with Ant-Man to stop some thieves. Spidey continues to shrink and ends up in the Microverse and eventually fights the Psycho Man before becoming normal sized again. Light-hearted and fun versus the grim n' gritty tone of the late 80s/early 90s.

The Vibranium Vendetta (1991). A new form of vibranium is discovered called Nuform. Ghost is hired to sabotage the Nuform stuff at Roxxon and fails. Eventually, Ultron decides to get in on the act but is stopped by the heroes.

The Hero Killers (1992). Spidey and the New Warriors start looking into the disappearances of super beings. In the process, Speedball goes missing and the team has to fight off the Dreadnoughts (kinda cool) and some villains like Hydro-Man and Boomerang (super lame cannon fodder). Eventually, it's the Sphinx doing bad things and Speedball comes back to save the day.

Post 132 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Have not bought many books lately. Getting home improvements done currently at ridiculous inflation prices but.....

Post 133 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 I hear ya, got a bathroom renovated and a couple of other things done on a condo while I was on my road trip and it was pricey
Post 134 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 135 IP   flag post

Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user

I have 3 of these uncut sheets but have no idea on value, would love to send for Mcfarlane signings but they say they have nothing to encapsulate them
Post 137 IP   flag post
I hope I'm allowed to post this here.
Post 138 IP   flag post

Post 139 IP   flag post
@Emp162
Those are awesome to post here!

I don't think I've ever seen so many 9.8 Wolverine #8's in one place in my life! WOW!!
The Wolverine #1 is nice, too (better than my 9.2 copy), and the Batmans are great.

Will you be sending one of them in for the McFarlane signing?
Post 140 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Emp162
Those are awesome to post here!

I don't think I've ever seen so many 9.8 Wolverine #8's in one place in my life! WOW!!
The Wolverine #1 is nice, too (better than my 9.2 copy), and the Batmans are great.

Will you be sending one of them in for the McFarlane signing?
Post 141 IP   flag post
They are all newstand for the wolverine 8's. I also have 1 9.8 plus 2 9.6 at LCS, Newstand as well, also sent 3 more in for grading. I sent detective comics 576,577,578 plus coyote 11, G I JOE 60 and an ASM 316 as well for Mcfarlane signings
Post 142 IP   flag post
@Emp162
I'm thinking of sending my Coyote #11, too. I'm definitely sending my AS-M #300. It's a newsstand and a little banged up, but I'll get a press with the signing and I'm hoping for a grade bump. I'll send in a Hulk #340, too, and this one:

This is the Spawn #185 Mexican La Mole foil 'headless' variant. I'm considering asking him to sign the back (back cover is mostly blank) but McFarlane has a nice-looking signature, so I'm not sure yet.
Post 143 IP   flag post

Post 144 IP   flag post
@Emp162
That is a bunch of sweet Spider-Man. Jealous of your #328. Mine is too crunchy to grade that well.
Post 145 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

So I blame you. I just saw the spawn 185 headless mcfarlane variant after looking up your copy. Ended up buying the lowest cost version on ebay just now.

=P
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

So I blame you. I just saw the spawn 185 headless mcfarlane variant after looking up your copy. Ended up buying the lowest cost version on ebay just now.

=P

I always was a corrupting influence.
Post 147 IP   flag post

Just another pile for grading
Post 148 IP   flag post
Pride of my graded pile so far

Post 149 IP   flag post
@Emp162
SO jealous of those nice Batmans...
Post 150 IP   flag post
Sorry byrdibyrd

Bagged n boarded since they came out
Post 151 IP   flag post
@Emp162

I have no words...
Post 152 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Emp162 It's never too late to gift @Byrdibyrd a copy. Her birthday was not long ago. Looks like you have at least one to spare lol...
Post 153 IP   flag post
I could gift one of these, Have a bunch with rusty staples(80) 40 are good, Have about the same count in silver but those are all clean.

Post 154 IP   flag post
@Emp162
WOW!!! Check those out!
Post 155 IP   flag post
619266 236 30