Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Bronze Age of Comics 1970 - 198417099

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 226 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these Marvelz up today from my man Keith at ...to be Continued comics in Crofton today!

Post 227 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
DC picked up at ....to be Continued
Very minor Keys

Post 228 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 you go dock. I like that Astonishing Tales #1. Buy - Buy - Buy.....
Post 229 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 230 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 231 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
Nice copy. Most of the ones I've seen are pretty beat up.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd thanks, picked it up at one of my lcs that hadn't gotten anything new in for awhile and they had $10 on it and I loved watching the TV show when I was a kid. 👍
Post 233 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I loved watching the TV show when I was a kid.

YUP! One of my favourites from my high school years.
Post 234 IP   flag post

Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user

Couple that came back.
Post 236 IP   flag post
My comic book stand

Post 237 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 238 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 239 IP   flag post
Im old and didn't remember I just posted this same picture....and my eye sight appears to be failing too!

Thanks @Siggy!! 🍻🍻🍻
Post 240 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Great copy, but I ain't gonna 3-Check it twice
I'll give 1
Post 241 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Great copy, but I ain't gonna 3-Check it twice
I'll give 1

lol! 🍻 it's not for checks...keeping threads alive and this book is new to the thread.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
lol! 🍻 it's not for checks...keeping threads alive and this book is new to the thread.

Post #238
Post 243 IP   flag post
A 1975 Super-Friends coloring book w/interior Mike Royer sig.

Post 244 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Post #238

lol!!!!!! old age sucks!!!! my apologies!!!
Post 245 IP   flag post

And the receipt for the comic was in the book.

Post 246 IP   flag post
@southerncross That receipt is very cool! March 7, 1970.
Post 247 IP   flag post
@GAC thanks, it was bought by my lcs when he was in San Diego comic con and the book was bought off a vendor there called Lone star which eventually would become mcs.

Due to the receipt I've never had the book graded and never will and just keep the receipt docket in there.

I just wonder what the original purchaser of the book bought for the other 24c now.
Maybe a soda or a candy bar?
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
No tax either for some reason
Post 249 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
No tax either for some reason

At that time, periodicals were not taxed, and if the other charge went for a snack, those weren't taxed, either.
Post 250 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - Back in 1970, you could by a 12-ounce glass bottle of soda for 15 cents. A candy bar would be 5 to 10 cents, and there were still penny candies like the little Tootsie rolls and Mary Jane taffy candies. So that $ 0.24 is a mystery. According to records, March 7th was a Saturday, so it couldn’t be the Sunday newspaper (there was a total solar eclipse that day too!). The world may never know. Back then, lots of places sold comics. Practically every corner drug store did (there were no chain drug stores), and every few blocks you’d see another local drug store.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Skin mag.

Still a periodical, so no tax.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd - Those were around 35 to 75 cents (and yes, I was too young to buy them anyway). A pack of cigarettes was about 35 to 40 cents, and would likely be taxed. One of the places I bought comics from had a soda fountain. Maybe a cone of pistachio or maple walnut ice cream (popular flavors from that time)?
Post 253 IP   flag post
I believe I was 6 years old at the time, so yeah, a bit young for skin mags. A fountain bevvie like a shake or malt might explain that charge, too.

... Now I want a shake, dammit.
Post 254 IP   flag post

Post 255 IP   flag post
598007 368 30