Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Order has been delivered. No damage or errors to speak of

just curious, how long was your order in the “shipping” phase? mine has been there for about 2-3 days now, but i think it’s just because of the weekend.
Post 826 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@glow It was “Complete” one day and shipped out the next
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
I have stuff for over 255 days with CBCS and I have stuff over 150 days with CGC the race is on.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
CGC has knocked down the days from 112 to 94

does anyone know the TATS for cbcs
i see 224 days for moderns is this true still ?

These TAT times are untrue I have items with CGC for 155 days today. Not sure where they think they are at 94 days.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I think most of us who have submitted to CBCS for years understood that we were dealing with an imperfect company. It was just a part of the deal. We got lower prices, faster TAT's and, many believe, more consistent grading. The downside was a much smaller and less sophisticated organization with lack of communication and customer service, but that's what we accepted in the deal. I think newer submitters come in with different expectations and the current mind-blowingly long TAT's just exacerbates frustrations.

You make it sound like we chose the neighborhood kid's lemonade stand over buying a 2 liter of minute maid at Walmart. They've been in business for over a decade now so I expected far more. My past experiences with them have been generally good so I expected that same level of service. I chose CBCS purely because I believe CGC is shady and ethically bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
At this point I would hope they have retained six sigma / lean consultants to analyze processes to minimize waste and increase efficiency. It’s not a magic bullet, but can make a substantial difference.

Makes me wonder what Beckett is like. I mean. Beckett bought CBCS and you would think certain departments would have been "right sized" and some of the prior issues CBCS had would have been taken care off...so maybe what we are experiencing IS the better service.

All we can go off of is Beckett wisely shut down lower tier submissions (not sure if they're back or not) and CBCS stubbornly chose to stay the course and use all us 2021 submitters as the sacrificial lambs for their new service. So there's clearly two different people (or groups) making the decisions for each department and one of them has chosen profit over employee and customer satisfaction.

With all the threats of a recession coming, real or not, frivolous spending is going to drop. So not only will people be less willing to throw hundreds of dollars in the CBCS void, they're not going to be buying as much either. So as submissions slow and CBCS catches up, the market will become saturated with books that no one wants or can afford to buy.
Post 830 IP   flag post

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I think most of us who have submitted to CBCS for years understood that we were dealing with an imperfect company. It was just a part of the deal. We got lower prices, faster TAT's and, many believe, more consistent grading. The downside was a much smaller and less sophisticated organization with lack of communication and customer service, but that's what we accepted in the deal. I think newer submitters come in with different expectations and the current mind-blowingly long TAT's just exacerbates frustrations.

You make it sound like we chose the neighborhood kid's lemonade stand over buying a 2 liter of minute maid at Walmart. They've been in business for over a decade now so I expected far more. My past experiences with them have been generally good so I expected that same level of service. I chose CBCS purely because I believe CGC is shady and ethically bankrupt.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
At this point I would hope they have retained six sigma / lean consultants to analyze processes to minimize waste and increase efficiency. It’s not a magic bullet, but can make a substantial difference.

Makes me wonder what Beckett is like. I mean. Beckett bought CBCS and you would think certain departments would have been "right sized" and some of the prior issues CBCS had would have been taken care off...so maybe what we are experiencing IS the better service.

All we can go off of is Beckett wisely shut down lower tier submissions (not sure if they're back or not) and CBCS stubbornly chose to stay the course and use all us 2021 submitters as the sacrificial lambs for their new service. So there's clearly two different people (or groups) making the decisions for each department and one of them has chosen profit over employee and customer satisfaction.

With all the threats of a recession coming, real or not, frivolous spending is going to drop. So not only will people be less willing to throw hundreds of dollars in the CBCS void, they're not going to be buying as much either. So as submissions slow and CBCS catches up, the market will become saturated with books that no one wants or can afford to buy.

i think you hit the nail on the head.
its going to be a slower market
and i cant send into a place right now more orders when the Times are 224 days.
why pay money for a service that cant get orders back this year.
i hope cbcs cuts into there TATS
Post 831 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
When I purchase goods or services in walks of life, I consistently look for better options. I'd say that's quite common and most everyone does that in some way, shape or form.

It's not that we are necessarily disenchanted with the goods and/or services we are purchasing/receiving, but it's natural to look for better deals within our own context/criteria of what a "deal" is. And then we decide to change or not change where we spend our money accordingly.

What sticks in my craw with comic grading is that I feel I am making choices based on which company is less worse than the other; not which offers me more perks/niceties than the other.
This is the root of my angst and consternation.

I long for the day when both offer all the basics of excellent service, excellent quality, confidence and transparency; and I make my choice with who I go to based on who offers more after satisfying the basic essential needs and expectations.

But year after year after year excuses are used for falling short of expectations and needs (both companies).
At some point the excuse of "they're working on it" runs thin and is unacceptable.
That point in time is different for everyone, but I can say with certainty that I am there.

And yet, unfortunately, I must use one of them in order to maximize my sales profits.
It's sorta like walking into 1 of 2 DMV's in one's vicinity - It's a sh*t show, but I kinda have to.
Post 832 IP   flag post
Collector Sigillite private msg quote post Address this user
I am now 22 days away from a full year from when I personally dropped off 21-E5D79A and 21-E5B038. Is there any way to check on progress or otherwise find out where my books are other than Processing?
Post 833 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
At 50 weeks right now.

Correspondence from Customer Service:

Hello,

Your order was completed last week.  It was scanned in for shipping and it currently on the pallet to ship to our Canada location.  Once our Canada pallet is full, those orders will then ship out and you will receive a tracking number for your order.  You should be receiving that information shortly.

Thank you and have a great day!
Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC is it worth it to email CS? I'm wondering if I could get an update, my stuff has just been in grading since March. It was an August order.
Post 835 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Rio_d I would say yes, it is worth it. Little effort to do so and a possible response. I emailed CS on May 5th and got a response today.

EDIT: movement from Grading from March though is not likely.
Post 836 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
Just got off the phone with the CBCS rep. Good news! Hopefully next month they will do my books! Also, this is the 4th month in a row he has promised me that.............
Post 837 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
At 50 weeks right now.

Correspondence from Customer Service:

Hello,

Your order was completed last week.  It was scanned in for shipping and it currently on the pallet to ship to our Canada location.  Once our Canada pallet is full, those orders will then ship out and you will receive a tracking number for your order.  You should be receiving that information shortly.

Thank you and have a great day!

Have had 2 orders in 'ShipToCanada' since the start of the year...wonder when that pallet will make it's way north??
Post 838 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I think they've f@cked the Canadian business and it will limp towards a pitiful death....

It likely takes longer to fill the return pallet as submissions drop because of massive delays...that really should not be happening at this point and even during lock downs if they had a competent partner in Universal Distributors
Post 839 IP   flag post
Quote:
Personally I think they've f@cked the Canadian business and it will limp towards a pitiful death....

It likely takes longer to fill the return pallet as submissions drop because of massive delays...that really should not be happening at this point and even during lock downs if they had a competent partner in Universal Distributors

I get waiting a certain amount of time in order to ship as big a pallet as possible. But it seems that there's no trigger to ship if a certain amount of time has passed. It should be; Ship pallet when full or if 4 months have passed(whichever comes first).

It seems that 2nd condition is not in place. That pallet will sit (regardless of how long its sitting there) until it's full. 🙁
Post 840 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
They just got my second submission today (May 9th, 2022) for the express level with sig verification.

TAT says 4 weeks.

Tick Tock, Mr. Wick. Tick Tock.
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Rio_d I would say yes, it is worth it. Little effort to do so and a possible response. I emailed CS on May 5th and got a response today.

EDIT: movement from Grading from March though is not likely.

My invoice now says labels! I'm over the moon! 😂 There is an end in sight!
Post 842 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
For those who use CGC, you may or may not have seen this.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8978/submission-grades/
Post 843 IP   flag post
Collector Peacekeeperiv private msg quote post Address this user
Sent books 15 books in , received Sept 7th.. Hit processing about 2 weeks later and have been there since. Contacted customer service and the gentleman told me the order is in imaging.. First time submitting books, so where about is that in the grading stage?
Post 844 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If you didn't order imaging Gratz!

Edit

Means it should ship really dang soon.
Post 845 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
“Imaging”, hilarious. I really hope you asked for that @Peacekeeperiv. Welcome to the forum!
Post 846 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
For those who use CGC, you may or may not have seen this.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8978/submission-grades/

One simply cannot imagine why they would have made such a decision. GASP!!! Just imagine the uproar. BWA HA HA HA AH AH AHA HAH AH HAH!!!
Post 847 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
CGC Submissions drop off that page after I think 8 months. I have a bunch of books I can't check because they were to be pressed and took more than 8 months....
Post 848 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
What am I missing? They used to use customer service to answer these questions? Keep in mind, I’ve never submitted books there.
Post 849 IP   flag post
Your not missing a lot. It's actually very frustrating. You have no history like CBCS, where you can look at past orders. You have to look at past submissions then input the individual numbers to see the grades. You don't see the cluster of a group of books submitted at the same time.

They drop stuff off the submissions web site after 8 months so if you had books in pressing, your books are no longer listed at all. You had to have foresight to download the numbers ahead of time or wade through your archive of past submissions to see if you can Figure it out.

At least cbcs has the books listed and you know they still have them. With cgc they will repopulate after they finished pressing and they are entered into tbe submissions page to be graded. So that could be months where you can't see what books you have in queue. If you don't keep accurate records or have a really good memory you are screwed.

Edit

And ccs pressing has turned to crap.
I have books that still have folds that they didn't bother unfolding when encapsulating the books. Some books font even look pressed at all. This is a far cry from when they did my hulk 181s and asm 194s....
Post 850 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
What am I missing? They used to use customer service to answer these questions? Keep in mind, I’ve never submitted books there.

I've used CGC many times and I never knew this was a thing.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
Just got off the phone with the CBCS rep. Good news! Hopefully next month they will do my books! Also, this is the 4th month in a row he has promised me that.............

Don't worry. Every month they say that they mean it a little bit more.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is currently @ 3.5 months for modern, no press. My current CBCS modern no-press is sitting at 8 months with no update.
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted several orders at Megacon Orlando. "Clock" started August 18th. Received a 3-book submission on this past Sunday. I needed to contact customer service last Wednesday when they order took off and actually passed my other order in the queue. CS got back to me with an e-mail response I found to be professional and satisfactory on Monday this week.

Submitted at con

Order one, all moderns with witnessed sigs.
Dropped at con 8/12/2021
Official submit date 8/18/2021
Entered into system 10/8/2021
grading/label/shipping: Never saw the switch, it went from processing to shipping over the course of 24 hours based on e-mails.

Order two: included 1 quickstream and 1 rapid
Dropped at con 8/13/2021
Entered into system by hand by booth person so listed as received 8/13/2021
Labels around 3/16/2022

Order three: Pressing
Dropped at con 8/13/2021
Received 10/8/2021
Post 854 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
21-3234C91 (books were received Sept 9.12.21)
Email received today;

Chrom - Team Beckett (CBCSComics)

10-May-2022, 7:18 pm IST

Hello,
The invoice 21-3234C91 is currently in Labels.

Thank you, Have a Great day!

Customer Support
Post 855 IP   flag post
600902 999 30