Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
At 50 weeks right now.

Post 801 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this where they are supposed to tell us:

1) They are hiring and training new people!
2) Everyone is sending in books now! Just be patient!
3) If you had paid for Express, you would have your books by now!
4) I just sent in 1200 pre screen and got my books back 2 days before I sent them off!
5) Why are you saying such negative things about CBCS? You are not being helpful!
6) Why don't you go start your own thread?!?!
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusch1
How long has it been taking for cbcs to open package and put on your page?

My Express order arrived in Dallas Friday morning on April 29, was notified of receipt May 5 am and notified (3 times) May 5 pm that the order was now in grading.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
My AMZ 59 just moved to grading it was the only pre 79 book I had and the last to move. Maybe they were waiting to move to pressing for my order.?
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user

who knew a company could provide up to date accurate information to their customers without having anyone hack the mainframe?

PS: it's not CBCS

Post 805 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Do you even know what a mainframe is?
Are you so intent on beating a dead horse that you will cling to anything?

Here is a Wikipedia definition since a a real explanation would be beyond your comprehension.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainframe_computer
Post 806 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Nope Nope Nope Nope... I'm not getting riled up. Nope Nope Nope... say it again... Nope Nope Nope. All is good; all is great. Everything is coming in due time. Communication is great. Flowers, Roses, Fishing, Sleeping 8 hours, CS is great. Nothing disingenuous. Changes are coming. Stay positive. Stay positive. Close the trap.

Post 807 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Do you even know what a mainframe is?
Are you so intent on beating a dead horse that you will cling to anything?

Here is a Wikipedia definition since a a real explanation would be beyond your comprehension.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainframe_computer

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's your response to why people are not getting their orders? Discussing perceptions of IT?

That's funny!
Post 808 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nope. I don't defend cbcs customer service or TAT. I think they need to be addressed in a really bad way.

What I choose state as my postion is that if you don't know what you are talking about , shut up listen and learn.

I have stated many times i understand grievances folks have with cbcs and other companies. I also agree folks need to vent to a certain extent.
Post 809 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Nope. I don't defend cbcs customer service or TAT. I think they need to be addressed in a really bad way.

What I choose state as my postion is that if you don't know what you are talking about , shut up listen and learn.

I have stated many times i understand grievances folks have with cbcs and other companies. I also agree folks need to vent to a certain extent.

Agreed 100! I also believe the way one complains is important. When some comes on the forum like a freight train...I lose any and all sympathy almost immediately.
Post 810 IP   flag post
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
aug 23 delivered modern order moved to shipping today. no tracking number or grades yet.
Post 811 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Quote:

My Express order arrived in Dallas Friday morning on April 29, was notified of receipt May 5 am and notified (3 times) May 5 pm that the order was now in grading.

Color me impressed, the books are already in labels.
Post 812 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
Dude, if the only thing you are grasping at is my IT terminology maybe it's time you shut up.

I pointed out that someone found a way to inform their customers. Easy Peasy Lemom Squeezy.

Imagine how many less inquiries and complaints CBCS would have if they adopted anything similar. ANYTHING.

I'd bet the CSRs would have so much time on their hands they would actually be able to help people.

Go ahead and point out how I'm wrong, while you're at it please correct my spelling and grammar 'cause when I grow up I wanna be smurt like you.
Post 813 IP   flag post
If you have valid ways of contributing or suggesting things to help, Im sure any logical and sane person would listen. My whole beef with you and only you is you talk out of orifices that aren't meant to be spoken from. You may have good points but they are overshadowed by your inability to convey thoughts in a logical cohesive manner. You make generalized assumptions on topics you don't know squat about.
You try and insert snide remarks about cbcs and act like you are a rocket scientist.

If you were to say , hey cgc has this feature, maybe CBCS could incorporate something similar, nobody would say anything bad. That makes sense. Incorporating nuclear codes and mainframes into your argument is pointess and detracts from tbe point you were trying to make.

I am not a smart person by any means. I never claimed to be, and I don't pick on people for their Grammer I just don't like misinformation and to me your past posts reek of it.

Maybe one day you will learn to communicate as an adult and make arguments as an adult. As for you being smart as myself, you may be smarter than me, I certainly hope so. I never want to be the smartest guy in the room. I want to be the guy that learns from others. Unfortunately, it seems that you are someone I can't learn from and that's truly sad...
Post 814 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Sent in May 2021...rec'd July '21.....was hopin for an update

21-1848720 Tahnk you in advance
Post 815 IP   flag post
Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
Dude, if the only thing you are grasping at is my IT terminology maybe it's time you shut up.

I pointed out that someone found a way to inform their customers. Easy Peasy Lemom Squeezy.

Imagine how many less inquiries and complaints CBCS would have if they adopted anything similar. ANYTHING.

I'd bet the CSRs would have so much time on their hands they would actually be able to help people.

Go ahead and point out how I'm wrong, while you're at it please correct my spelling and grammar 'cause when I grow up I wanna be smurt like you.

You're talking perfect world where they were appropriately staffed to manage the volume of inquiries received. (Irrelevant whether you're talking slabbing or responding to cs inquiries - the scenario is the same.) No one was and playing from behind sucks in the cs world.

At a cs department I'm familiar with, they're struggling to retain staff while trying to change much of their older systems and servers. It is causing problems from all angles - creating a Dutch boy type os situation. Which hole do they plug? All are vital.

Systems bog down or stop completely, causing days where cs cannot answer customers either by email or by phone sometimes. When they come back up the volume overwhelms the staff available. Overtime is mandatory, pto is rarely approved and calling out sick to get a break only goes so far before termination.

The only way thru to resolution is to continue pushing forward and hitting incremental goals. One thing theyve instituted is email subject lines that change color when they're beyond a certain date/# of hours since receipt. (Red, yellow, green type of thing from what I've been told.) Their focus is to clear the red every day and continue work then into the yellow. That way there are fewer red emails the next business day.

So on and so forth until they're caught up.

I believe cbcs is likely doing something similar. (If they aren't anyone who is on the forum that works for cbcs, please feel free to steam my suggestion shamelessly. It may help feel like things are getting back under control from a response perspective.) As Sen in some other posts responses are going out. Call backs are being made. It could be much better but I am sure they know that.

Vent away if it makes you feel better Fitz. Hope you get your books soon.
Post 816 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think most of us who have submitted to CBCS for years understood that we were dealing with an imperfect company. It was just a part of the deal. We got lower prices, faster TAT's and, many believe, more consistent grading. The downside was a much smaller and less sophisticated organization with lack of communication and customer service, but that's what we accepted in the deal. I think newer submitters come in with different expectations and the current mind-blowingly long TAT's just exacerbates frustrations.
Post 817 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
At this point I would hope they have retained six sigma / lean consultants to analyze processes to minimize waste and increase efficiency. It’s not a magic bullet, but can make a substantial difference.
Post 818 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit

who knew a company could provide up to date accurate information to their customers without having anyone hack the mainframe?

PS: it's not CBCS

CGC has knocked down the days from 112 to 94

does anyone know the TATS for cbcs
i see 224 days for moderns is this true still ?
Post 819 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I think most of us who have submitted to CBCS for years understood that we were dealing with an imperfect company. It was just a part of the deal. We got lower prices, faster TAT's and, many believe, more consistent grading. The downside was a much smaller and less sophisticated organization with lack of communication and customer service, but that's what we accepted in the deal. I think newer submitters come in with different expectations and the current mind-blowingly long TAT's just exacerbates frustrations.

i see your point .

but i am really shocked how the TATS times have just skyrocketed.
i like the new express tier . but to be honest i think cbcs needs to get out the old orders sitting there
in a more timely manner.

i dont mind waiting extra but if its true they are only grading moderns from last august that is a big issue.
Post 820 IP   flag post
And cbcs i always liked there service and order page and i think they are solid all around.

but i can see why some are worried about the slowdown of all the old orders .

these are paid for almost a year ago and still not done.

with a slowing economy they need to get those orders out.

they are not even grading moderns from this year yet.

and a new rollout and higher prices. i can see why people are worried
Post 821 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Quote:
Order delivered August 9th has finished Grading and entered Production

Order has been Completed and should ship soon

Order has shipped

Order has been delivered. No damage or errors to speak of
Post 822 IP   flag post
Collector daredevilart private msg quote post Address this user
Bonkers that new "express" submissions cut in line ahead of orders received nearly a year ago. Looong before this new tier system even existed.
Post 823 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
At this point I would hope they have retained six sigma / lean consultants to analyze processes to minimize waste and increase efficiency. It’s not a magic bullet, but can make a substantial difference.

Makes me wonder what Beckett is like. I mean. Beckett bought CBCS and you would think certain departments would have been "right sized" and some of the prior issues CBCS had would have been taken care off...so maybe what we are experiencing IS the better service.
Post 824 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The downside was a much smaller and less sophisticated organization with lack of communication and customer service, but that's what we accepted in the deal.

I didn't accept this. Nor would I ever.
Post 825 IP   flag post
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Order has been delivered. No damage or errors to speak of

just curious, how long was your order in the “shipping” phase? mine has been there for about 2-3 days now, but i think it’s just because of the weekend.
Post 826 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@glow It was “Complete” one day and shipped out the next
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
I have stuff for over 255 days with CBCS and I have stuff over 150 days with CGC the race is on.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
CGC has knocked down the days from 112 to 94

does anyone know the TATS for cbcs
i see 224 days for moderns is this true still ?

These TAT times are untrue I have items with CGC for 155 days today. Not sure where they think they are at 94 days.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You make it sound like we chose the neighborhood kid's lemonade stand over buying a 2 liter of minute maid at Walmart. They've been in business for over a decade now so I expected far more. My past experiences with them have been generally good so I expected that same level of service. I chose CBCS purely because I believe CGC is shady and ethically bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper

Makes me wonder what Beckett is like. I mean. Beckett bought CBCS and you would think certain departments would have been "right sized" and some of the prior issues CBCS had would have been taken care off...so maybe what we are experiencing IS the better service.

All we can go off of is Beckett wisely shut down lower tier submissions (not sure if they're back or not) and CBCS stubbornly chose to stay the course and use all us 2021 submitters as the sacrificial lambs for their new service. So there's clearly two different people (or groups) making the decisions for each department and one of them has chosen profit over employee and customer satisfaction.

With all the threats of a recession coming, real or not, frivolous spending is going to drop. So not only will people be less willing to throw hundreds of dollars in the CBCS void, they're not going to be buying as much either. So as submissions slow and CBCS catches up, the market will become saturated with books that no one wants or can afford to buy.
Post 830 IP   flag post
600889 999 30