Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
There is some content that is excluded. I think there is a sexually explicit comic that was made by a mainstream artist that won't be graded. From my understanding it was more than just T&A, but the actual act....

I had a comic rejected a couple years ago for showing genetalia on the cover that amounted to a naked barbie doll...but then I've seen that book in a CBCS slab. So you may be right, that they've adjusted that somehow, recently.

I believe at least a part of this decision isn't just "we don't wanna do it" but the idea that employees shouldn't have to be forcibly subjected to nudity just trying to carry-out their day-to-day job. There are some Faithless covers that are VERY explicit.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Dear CBCS:
If any representative of CBCS is reading this thread, I request that you give me an update on my submission Invoice 21-0B7F65D. Today (April 26, 2022) is the 9 month anniversary of my submission being received at CBCS (July 26, 2021). Or in terms of weeks (since CBCS listed TAT in weeks until recently), it has been a full 39 weeks since the submission was received at CBCS. Or in working days, it's been between 184 to 195 days (can't tell for sure since I don't know which days CBCS is closed for holidays).

I think that by any reasonable measure, it has been long enough, so I would appreciate an update that gives me some specifics on when to expect my order completed.

I have only received one e-mail regarding this submission since it was made. That was the "Order Received" e-mail, and that did not come until 2 months after the order arrived at CBCS. Since then, nothing.
And before anyone asks, no pressing, no vsp, just grading.

Since I've been using CBCS since 2016 and reading the forums as long, I knew to check my invoice for updates. On February 15, 2022, I noticed that the status was changed to "Grading" and to "Labels" on the printed invoice. So it's been in that status for 10 weeks now as well.

Please reply in this thread, or send me a PM or even e-mail me.

Thanks in advance,

Update:
I e-mailed Customer Service with this same info asking for an update. Received e-mail back today stating...
"Your Order 21-0B7F65D is in the Heat Seal stage. This is one of the final stages before completion. Thank you for your patience and look forward to assisting you again in the future.
Thank you and have a great day!"
So anyone know how long Heat Seal takes?

Another week gone and no further communication or updates from CBCS. Submission now been at CBCS for a full 40 weeks.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
I'm at 38 weeks... I was hoping to see my 20 books in July, but I sincerely doubt that.
Post 778 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65

Here is a thread on book I was referring to.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/3911/page/1/savage-dragon-225-what-the-heck/
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
three submissions at Megacon orlando 2021. One was just witnessed sigs I was forced to "close out" because they wouldn't let me add books (all moderns), 2nd was the rest of my submissions for grading with a couple more witnessed sigs from creators not there on Thursday (included a GL #1 and Showcase #22), and the third was a pressing submission. they told me they'd combine shipping on the first two, doesn't appear that's going to happen. The 2nd submission has been in labels since March 16ish. The 1st I never saw go to labels. I got an e-mail today it was on the grading floor, followed immediately by a notice saying it's shipping. That's 37 weeks on one of the three submissions dropped at megacon Orlando. Seems a waste of money to just ship 3 comics back to me when another 14 should be about ready.
Post 780 IP   flag post

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicskablooey
Actually...finding alternatives to what makes you unhappy should be the takeaway here instead of suck it upand ship more.

100% agree.
And that is why I have gone to the other guys primarily.
I dislike that Sarasota company, but for my own peace of mind I had to.

i just sent in a small order to CGC For 4 books
they have knocked down there TATS from 113 to 94

i would like to send in more to cbcs but the new TATS are scary
Post 781 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I believe at least a part of this decision isn't just "we don't wanna do it" but the idea that employees shouldn't have to be forcibly subjected to nudity just trying to carry-out their day-to-day job. There are some Faithless covers that are VERY explicit.

Makes sense. But you'd think there would be one or more graders who would consent to reviewing this type of material and it could be directed to their queue.

It could also be a PR argument. Tasteful nudes is one thing, but where do you draw the line? If I was Beckett PR department, I'm not sure I'd be in favor of having the CBCS label appear along with explicit comics. Not a good look.
Post 782 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
For our viewers at home...

Dropped Off at MegaCon Orlando - 8/14/21
Processing - 10/28/21
Grading - 3/21/22
Ready for Pick Up - 5/4/22

Side note this is for pickup for a consignment with mycomicshop, does anyone know when the grades get added to the dashboard? This is my first pickup order and i'm a bit curious on the grades
Post 783 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@bennyb86 it took a week or two for my dashboard to get updated after MCS picked up the order. You'll likely be able to see the grades on MCS before your CBCS updates your account.
Post 784 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@bennyb86 - echoing what @flanders mentioned. For my submissions pickup up by MCS for the past 2 years, I have seen them in my MCS consignment 1-4 weeks after they pick up. CBCS has updated the status to Shipped/completed most often a week to 12 weeks after MCS picked up on. That said, my last submission pick up (2 weeks ago) was actually updated by CBCS about a week after and before MCS even reflected. Odds are, it will show up in you MCS consignment first.
Post 785 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Order delivered August 9th has finished Grading and entered Production

Order has been Completed and should ship soon

Order has shipped
Post 786 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting on books from Baltimore CC to show up as more than Processing.
Post 787 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I've had 10 books that were submitted for grading with fast pass(2 modern, 8 pre 1975) in November. Shouldn't they be done soon? Or is this the new normal?
Post 788 IP   flag post
@Enelson Standard Pressing + Grading is at over 2 years so even if you fast passed it you can expect about a year’s wait
Post 789 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Enelson Standard Pressing + Grading is at over 2 years so even if you fast passed it you can expect about a year’s wait

These were just straight grading w/fast pass
Post 790 IP   flag post
@Enelson oh, I read it as Fast Press. Then maybe the next month or so is my guess
Post 791 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
NOW we're talking...

CBCS Expanded (which of course isn't a thing anymore)
Delivered 8/11/21
Entered 10/15/21
Grading 2/18/22
Labels 3/1/22
Production 5/5/22

I expect these to be available for pickup by 5/13/22 for a total turn time of 39 weeks.
Post 792 IP   flag post
Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
I am just curious as to what everyone has found for turnaround for the signature series signings?
Post 793 IP   flag post
Collector cbusch1 private msg quote post Address this user
How long has it been taking for cbcs to open package and put on your page?
Post 794 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusch1

Recently it has been within two or three business days. Last year it was nearly two months.
Post 795 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
working on over a month here.
Post 796 IP   flag post
Collector cbusch1 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok cool I mailed in 2 submissions for prescreen one was express the other was std. I don't mind waiting for the std as they're low level stuff for me
Post 797 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
ma still waiting for books that were submitted in NYCCC on October 8th. In fact I hand them witnessed by CBCS rep and they didn't receive until December 8th, 2 whole months to get the books to CBCS facility. I think the person that had my books missed the bus and walked the comics to Texas from NY. He didn't even get a ride hitching because it took a whole 2 months to get there. He/she did okay timing I guess as they did walk 9.8 miles a day, I'm just hoping they didn't bend my comic books on the way, as that is a long walk.
Post 798 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Second half of my MegaCon Drop off has shipped...

Dropped Off - 8/14/21
Processing - 10/27/21
Grading - 3/21/22
Shipped - 5/5/22
Post 799 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Where have all the comics gone?
Long time passing.
Long time ago.
CBCS has them every one.
Oh, When will you ever learn?
Oh, When will you ever learn
Post 800 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
At 50 weeks right now.

Post 801 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this where they are supposed to tell us:

1) They are hiring and training new people!
2) Everyone is sending in books now! Just be patient!
3) If you had paid for Express, you would have your books by now!
4) I just sent in 1200 pre screen and got my books back 2 days before I sent them off!
5) Why are you saying such negative things about CBCS? You are not being helpful!
6) Why don't you go start your own thread?!?!
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My Express order arrived in Dallas Friday morning on April 29, was notified of receipt May 5 am and notified (3 times) May 5 pm that the order was now in grading.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
My AMZ 59 just moved to grading it was the only pre 79 book I had and the last to move. Maybe they were waiting to move to pressing for my order.?
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user

who knew a company could provide up to date accurate information to their customers without having anyone hack the mainframe?

PS: it's not CBCS

Post 805 IP   flag post
600906 999 30