Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my God, FED-Ex is worthless. Day 4 and they still have not delivered books. Called customer service and they said I could go pick it up. Really? Are you in the delivery business? Like yeah I am going to drive 45 minutes to pick up my package that may be on a truck or on its way back to Texas for all I know.
Post 751 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I had a brief conversation with a fedex driver and they stated that even cgc books could be diverted to a fedex approved site if you call them. Perhaps you can divert to a local Walgreens or whatever the stores they use nowadays that is closer than actual fedex store?
Post 752 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I use Walgreens. You can divert it wherever if you subscribe to Fedex notifications. All via text as well.
Post 753 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is the only time I couldn't change the location. all other companies I've tried work on app.... so your milage may vsry....
Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I pay them a lot of money to deliver to my house. I expect them to do their job.
Post 755 IP   flag post

Understood. But aside from that, do you want your books back? In my opinion I would get books back and then cut ties. But to get to the point where the books are returned to sender does you no good.

They are your books. You deal with it how you want, but in my opinion getting the stuff back outweighs most other considerations. And no I do not like fedex either. They are lazy in my experience. My guy never rings door bell even though I asked him to.
Post 756 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Have you ever owned and ran your own business Tom?

To a lesser extent, yes. I run a small online shop where I create and sell custom action figure accessories. I only take on as much work as I can handle to get items in people's hands in 3 months or less. I've turned down more commission work than I've actually completed to maintain the standard I've set.

To a greater extents, also yes. I'm an architect and our firm makes a conscious effort to not take on more than we can handle. It only leads to pissed off clients and disgruntled employees who will quickly look for greener pastures. We're also contractually obligated to meet specific deadlines and expectations, or we open ourselves up to lawsuits.

Quote:

I can tell you from experience (30 years self employed) this happens. It's growing pains.
When I am bidding on future projects, I have no idea which jobs I will get and or when those jobs will actually happen.
It's the most frustrating part of owning a business. There are (ebbs & flows). Some times you have a perfect flow of work that you can sustain. Sometimes you are scratching your head wondering where the work is. And sometimes you have more than you can handle at one time.

This is way beyond growing pains. This is like they grew 3' over summer break and then decided to go out for the track team even though they're stumbling around like a newborn baby giraffe.

They have nothing to worry about in terms of maintaining business right now. Based on current TATs, they could theoretically stop all submissions today, close up shop, and still have a YEAR'S worth of work to keep them busy. I'm going to assume you've made it 30 years by not making clients wait twice as long as expected while announcing a new and improved service for all your new, higher paying clients. I'm also going to assume that by using the term "bidding", you don't get paid in full until the work is complete. There's likely contracts in place that hold you to specific timeframes and if that contract is not met, the clients can take legal action. That sets completely different motivations in which the client has more control over the final outcome and you are financially motivated to meet those obligations. CBCS has our money and our property so there's little motivation for them to meet any of our expectations and to just ride this out.

I'm sure the employees at CBCS are very frustrated and I'm sure it's higher ups making these bad decisions for them. As many of us have said, waiting is the issue. We've been hearing about these new hires since last fall. We're being dragged along because they know, for every "standard" customer they piss off and lose, they're going to secure more with this new Express service. The money from our submissions paved the way for this new service.

I will not be submitting more books until A)I get my books back, and B)I see actual proof that they've made the changes necessary to keep up with demand. I too really, really don't like CGC, but it's either them or give up grading all together.
Post 757 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
CBCS has our money and our property

Well, you could consider prescreening the grades,
In doing so, you pay only shipping fees up front and then you pay for the books that pass your prescreened grades.
That's what I have done for years. So they really only have like 72.00 while they have my books. Then they get the balance about a week before I get my books back.
Of course if you don't know how to grade, to set the prescreen, some of your books will not get graded.
I just got back a batch yesterday. 30 books submitted as prescreen, 26 books made the cut, and 4 did not.
So I only had to pay for the 26 books that hit the grade I was ok having.
That beats paying upfront for all books to be graded and get back some disappointing grades you would rather not have.
Try that, if you submit again that is.

So, can I get that custom made accessory I have been waiting 6 months for...lol....
Post 758 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 you're like the Native Americans teaching the settlers how to survive in the new land. Sometimes these good intentions don't work out so well.
Post 759 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Quote:
My MegaCon Orlando (August 18) order just went into production

1 modern book with ASP, no fast pass or pressing

Order is Complete and should be shipping soon

Order has shipped

Order received. No damage or errors to speak of
Post 760 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
CBCS has our money and our property

So, can I get that custom made accessory I have been waiting 6 months for...lol....

I just checked my super protected back end server and I see that your order is in the “Sitting There” stage. I have no way of knowing how long that stage takes and even if I did I wouldn’t want to tell you and ruin the surprise. 😜 Just sit tight and please place 12 more orders. I’m trying to buy a 9.2 X-Men 101.
Post 761 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
you're like the Native Americans teaching the settlers how to survive in the new land.

If you don't plant the seed, you never have a harvest.
Post 762 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
I am utilizing the Shawshank Redemption method of getting a response. Courtesy of Andy Dusfresne
Post 763 IP   flag post
Collector 78pts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78pts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78pts
I wonder if it will hit a year… received Aug 26… still processing/received… 8mnths… 12x regular moderns. Literally chose CBCS for their ‘faster’ TOT.

I’ve now had 3x submissions back from CGC from October/November… CBCS has lost a customer here.

Still processing…

3 weeks later… still processing…
Post 764 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
I am utilizing the Shawshank Redemption method of getting a response. Courtesy of Andy Dusfresne

This statement is very obtuse
Post 765 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883

This statement is very obtuse

What? What did you call me?

Obtuse. Is it deliberate?

Son, you're forgetting yourself.

brilliant film!!!!
Post 766 IP   flag post
Order delivered August 9th has finished Grading and entered Production
Post 767 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My MegaCon Orlando (August 18) order just went into production

1 modern book with ASP, no fast pass or pressing

Order is Complete and should be shipping soon

Order has shipped

Order received. No damage or errors to speak of

So there's hope for my Megacon Orlando moderns - sometime this month. Finally
Post 768 IP   flag post
Collector Acollector17 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure how I can get an answer to this question. Emails are pointless. I just received my 5 books back after a near year of waiting. 4 out of the 5 came back as "rejected" how do I find out why. Would appreciate some information or just point me in the right direction for some answers. Thanks
Post 769 IP   flag post
@Acollector17 Typically the bags the books are returned in will have a red sticker indicating the reason.

The usual culprits are that they did bot meet the minimum grade you set, signature verification failed and you indicated not to proceed in that case, the cover hanging too far over the pages risking damage to the book if pressed, or other condition issues making it risky to handle the book (too brittle, etc)
Post 770 IP   flag post
Quote:

Order has been Completed and should ship soon
Post 771 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acollector17
Not sure how I can get an answer to this question. Emails are pointless. I just received my 5 books back after a near year of waiting. 4 out of the 5 came back as "rejected" how do I find out why. Would appreciate some information or just point me in the right direction for some answers. Thanks

Books could get rejected for several reasons. If you applied a grade screen, then it probably means the books did not meet the screen. They could also get rejected because of size, i.e. being too large or thick. I don't think CBCS rejects due to content, but you never know these days.
Post 772 IP   flag post
There is some content that is excluded. I think there is a sexually explicit comic that was made by a mainstream artist that won't be graded. From my understanding it was more than just T&A, but the actual act....
Post 773 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Order has been Completed and should ship soon

Was that Expanded or Consumer? We have an Expanded order received just days after that so perhaps our wait is nearly over.
Post 774 IP   flag post
@figment Modern
Post 775 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
There is some content that is excluded. I think there is a sexually explicit comic that was made by a mainstream artist that won't be graded. From my understanding it was more than just T&A, but the actual act....

I had a comic rejected a couple years ago for showing genetalia on the cover that amounted to a naked barbie doll...but then I've seen that book in a CBCS slab. So you may be right, that they've adjusted that somehow, recently.

I believe at least a part of this decision isn't just "we don't wanna do it" but the idea that employees shouldn't have to be forcibly subjected to nudity just trying to carry-out their day-to-day job. There are some Faithless covers that are VERY explicit.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Dear CBCS:
If any representative of CBCS is reading this thread, I request that you give me an update on my submission Invoice 21-0B7F65D. Today (April 26, 2022) is the 9 month anniversary of my submission being received at CBCS (July 26, 2021). Or in terms of weeks (since CBCS listed TAT in weeks until recently), it has been a full 39 weeks since the submission was received at CBCS. Or in working days, it's been between 184 to 195 days (can't tell for sure since I don't know which days CBCS is closed for holidays).

I think that by any reasonable measure, it has been long enough, so I would appreciate an update that gives me some specifics on when to expect my order completed.

I have only received one e-mail regarding this submission since it was made. That was the "Order Received" e-mail, and that did not come until 2 months after the order arrived at CBCS. Since then, nothing.
And before anyone asks, no pressing, no vsp, just grading.

Since I've been using CBCS since 2016 and reading the forums as long, I knew to check my invoice for updates. On February 15, 2022, I noticed that the status was changed to "Grading" and to "Labels" on the printed invoice. So it's been in that status for 10 weeks now as well.

Please reply in this thread, or send me a PM or even e-mail me.

Thanks in advance,

Update:
I e-mailed Customer Service with this same info asking for an update. Received e-mail back today stating...
"Your Order 21-0B7F65D is in the Heat Seal stage. This is one of the final stages before completion. Thank you for your patience and look forward to assisting you again in the future.
Thank you and have a great day!"
So anyone know how long Heat Seal takes?

Another week gone and no further communication or updates from CBCS. Submission now been at CBCS for a full 40 weeks.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
I'm at 38 weeks... I was hoping to see my 20 books in July, but I sincerely doubt that.
Post 778 IP   flag post
@etapi65

Here is a thread on book I was referring to.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/3911/page/1/savage-dragon-225-what-the-heck/
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
three submissions at Megacon orlando 2021. One was just witnessed sigs I was forced to "close out" because they wouldn't let me add books (all moderns), 2nd was the rest of my submissions for grading with a couple more witnessed sigs from creators not there on Thursday (included a GL #1 and Showcase #22), and the third was a pressing submission. they told me they'd combine shipping on the first two, doesn't appear that's going to happen. The 2nd submission has been in labels since March 16ish. The 1st I never saw go to labels. I got an e-mail today it was on the grading floor, followed immediately by a notice saying it's shipping. That's 37 weeks on one of the three submissions dropped at megacon Orlando. Seems a waste of money to just ship 3 comics back to me when another 14 should be about ready.
Post 780 IP   flag post
601353 999 30