Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_d
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I think the push back comes from the repetitive and constant negative posts and complaints that have changed the atmosphere of the forum. The forum used to be a place to celebrate our hobby but it's become something else now. Some (or many) might say..."Too bad for you"....and maybe that's right but that's probably why there's push back because of the atmosphere change.

All the complaints are valid but it also sucks for the forum members who come here for the love of the hobby.

I'm not saying to not complain....I'm just saying that this is probably the reason why you get push back.

This is on CBCS not the people complaining,CBCS made the forum hostile by their utter lack of transparency and disregard for people spending a lot of money on something. I'm never one to complain about product, I'm usually the calm down person. But they have had my books since August of last year over 20 of them ranging from 100.00 to 2k in value. It's inexcusable to offer a new product to by pass me in line.

You are not wrong.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@BPaxson002 love your profile pick - Reid Fleming - World's Toughest Milk Man!!! have a cover sketch somewhere from David Boswell......

The artwork comes from a button collection that was issued I think after the original was published but before the Eclipse editions. I remember ordering and selling a few sets at my comic shop back in the 80s. Wish I had saved at least one for me.

The funny part is I mostly look like Reid now. At least I get to go around telling people I am not bald but get my hair cut this way!
Post 702 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
.but what about those of use that had 'fast' options - that was a good option before but now the express will take priority over even the 'fast' - effectively making my 'fast' option useless (oh sure..it will get done before standard but fast should have already been moving instead of bumped back)

@KatKomics - in a different thread, a submitter mentioned dropping off some comics at a con days prior to the price increase/new tier release (PI/NTR maybe). His/Her modern Fast Pass coupon submission showed up oh the dashboard as "Express". Don't know if that is how CBCS is definitely going to handle Pre-PI/NTR submissions with Fast Passes or or new submissions with previous membership coupons, but found it interesting. And even if that is how they are handling, I might guess that the "Guarantee" would not be in effect.

It would be nice if there was some definitive info on those, though.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
TBH, CBCS has an advantage for us complaining about our orders here.

If we are doing it here, we are not on Facebook, twitter (for those who have not left), reddit or the like complaining in front of POTENTIAL customers about the lost, damaged, or delayed orders. We are bitching about it here in front of people who have already given money to CBCS.

Now is it costing them all that amount of money? Not really. Those pushing back at our complaints are still sending in books at a rate faster than CBCS can handle. And, most are paying the superduper express bribe to move their books ahead of ours.

It is the French Revolution all over again

"The Peasants are Revolting!"

"Yes! They Stink on Ice!"
Post 704 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
On a sad note it appear Neal Adams just passed away.
I know he was dealing with some significant health issues as of late.
Post 705 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
On a sad note it appear Neal Adams just passed away.
I know he was dealing with some significant health issues as of late.

Yeah he was looking bad in his weekly streaming on FB and instagram. I sent him a book to get signed before he went into the hospital.

I'll send it in to be VSP'd some day.
Post 706 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That's awful. He was an awesome artist
Post 707 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Post 708 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Nuffsaid111 - Wow, that is horrible news. I see him as one of the early pioneers of the Talent to independence movement.

Not everyone was real happy with his work towards that back in the day. I was reading Some old Erries from Warren Publications (Reading The Rook from begining to end) and Warren dedicated a whole editorial about Neal's efforts in real unfriendly terms.
Post 709 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
We are bitching about it here in front of people who have already given money to CBCS.

@BPaxson002 - But the fact is, that the bitching and grousing here on the forum would likely have an affect as there are many instances of people who come to the forum to seek information before having ever submitted. I am such an example. I lurked here for over a year before my first CBCS submission. Only after 2 years, did I even become a member. So, as there may be others, like I was, who seek knowledge, an incessant amount of complaining could very well be off putting and thus damage CBCS.

Yes, there are people here who have legitimate gripes. Unfortunately, there are also persons who are here to just create descension and to disparage. One of the beauties of CBCS and it's forum is that they do not censor legitimate gripes...as others do. The insidiousness of that is that there are those who purposefully take advantage of such for the pleasure of the trolling and chaos that they may create.

So to echo and paraphrase @figment, it is my hope that we contribute MEANINGFULLY to this thread, and stick to the turn time facts, as we are experiencing them, without the superfluous commentary. That would then make this a much more beneficial and informational thread.
Post 710 IP   flag post
Quote:
it is my hope that we contribute MEANINGFULLY to this thread,

Define Meaninfully

Is it meaningful to simply ignore the issues with missing, lost, damaged orders? Should we just cover those issues up in hopes of luring people in for new revenue?

Or should we point out issues where CBCS could do better and improve their service in hopes of regaining our trust and again our dollars?

To say "No you can't talk about that" (like the idiotic pressing idea) will simply put us to talk about it where CBCS can not keep it contained.

If they really don't want us to talk about it, the simple solution is to fix the problems.
Post 711 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Define Meaninfully

Is it meaningful to simply ignore the issues with missing, lost, damaged orders?

@BPaxson002 - MEANINGFULLY to this thread, at TAT thread, would most definitely not include damaged orders. Further, you should know very well, that "missing, lost" orders are very few and far apart, and even if one is legitimately lost or missing, again, the TAT thread is not the place for such.

I am out. Not diverting further from this thread to banter with you on your asinine points.
Post 712 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
.but what about those of use that had 'fast' options - that was a good option before but now the express will take priority over even the 'fast' - effectively making my 'fast' option useless (oh sure..it will get done before standard but fast should have already been moving instead of bumped back)

@KatKomics - in a different thread, a submitter mentioned dropping off some comics at a con days prior to the price increase/new tier release (PI/NTR maybe). His/Her modern Fast Pass coupon submission showed up oh the dashboard as "Express". Don't know if that is how CBCS is definitely going to handle Pre-PI/NTR submissions with Fast Passes or or new submissions with previous membership coupons, but found it interesting. And even if that is how they are handling, I might guess that the "Guarantee" would not be in effect.

It would be nice if there was some definitive info on those, though.

mine were from November - unfortunately no auto update to express
Post 713 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Define Meaninfully

Is it meaningful to simply ignore the issues with missing, lost, damaged orders?

@BPaxson002 - MEANINGFULLY to this thread, at TAT thread, would most definitely not include damaged orders. Further, you should know very well, that "missing, lost" orders are very few and far apart, and even if one is legitimately lost or missing, again, the TAT thread is not the place for such.

I am out. Not diverting further from this thread to banter with you on your asinine points.

Even though you ran off, I'll answer you just the same.

All three of those apply to TATs.

When an order falls into any of those three categories, the tat pretty much comes to a standstill. I have no idea where my books are. It has been 9 months now and nothing. I would call that missing or lost.

I'm also sorry my posts don't measure up to the glorification of your ideals, but that is life. Sometimes people are going to say things you don't like. Happens to me too, but I am man enough to deal with it.
Post 714 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I have the email that I have been waiting for. MY BOOKS HAVE SHIPPED!!! Sorry to yell but I am so happy. 1 expanded asp and 2 modern asp from 8.1.21
Post 715 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
If we are doing it here, we are not on Facebook, twitter (for those who have not left), reddit or the like complaining in front of POTENTIAL customers about the lost, damaged, or delayed orders

truer words never spoken

how is it that CBCS only has 62 google reviews? (with an overly generous 2.8 star rating)
Post 716 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
it's probably old news, but I'm new, how did this turn out

metropolis-collectibles-sues-cbcs-grading

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/metropolis-collectibles-sues-cbcs-grading-and-slabbing-company/
Post 717 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Darryl commented about customer service issues on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club Facebook page. I thought everyone might like to read what he said.

Post 718 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Darryl commented about customer service issues on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club Facebook page. I thought everyone might like to read what he said.

And that is what we have been hearing for quite awhile now.

We even heard that before the starting of the express service.

Same as it ever was, Same as it ever was
Post 719 IP   flag post
@BPaxson002 is not incorrect here.

My motto is to trust actions; not words.
I'm willing to give time for words to translate into actions, but y'know - there's that over a year thingy that's been happening with customer service.

It is not acceptable to me to continue to hear the "soft words" of "growth", "hiring", "trained accordingly", "working for our customers" without any semblance of results for over a year with my personal observations.

To ensure my statement will not be misconstrued as conjecture again, I have 4 separate emails out to customer service just asking a simple question if CBCS grades TV guides spanning almost 1 month. I mean c'mon guys... seriously? That is a simple yes/no question and is borderline pathetic that I'm asking this question now in the hopes I have an answer for August of this year.
Post 720 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BPaxson002 is not incorrect here.

My motto is to trust actions; not words.
I'm willing to give time for words to translate into actions, but y'know - there's that over a year thingy that's been happening with customer service.

It is not acceptable to me to continue to hear the "soft words" of "growth", "hiring", "trained accordingly", "working for our customers" without any semblance of results for over a year with my personal observations.

To ensure my statement will not be misconstrued as conjecture again, I have 4 separate emails out to customer service just asking a simple question if CBCS grades TV guides spanning almost 1 month. I mean c'mon guys... seriously? That is a simple yes/no question and is borderline pathetic that I'm asking this question now in the hopes I have an answer for August of this year.

I actually managed to get a response from customer service and was working through if I could upgrade my fast from November to something else - finally figured it was possible and asked for it -then crickets!!!

the 'customer service' was woefully inadequate by the way - it should not have taken as many back and forth e-mails as it has. I think my initial question/request was straight forward - I got a yes it is possible - what they should have included was.....yes it is possible - AND - here are the options and pricing (i.e. only need to pay difference not additional), how would you like to proceed?? - could have cut so much time out of the process and now when I want to give CBCS more $$ they have gone silent again
Post 721 IP   flag post
Quote:
I actually managed to get a response from customer service and was working through if I could upgrade my fast from November to something else - finally figured it was possible and asked for it -then crickets!!!

the 'customer service' was woefully inadequate by the way - it should not have taken as many back and forth e-mails as it has. I think my initial question/request was straight forward - I got a yes it is possible - what they should have included was.....yes it is possible - AND - here are the options and pricing (i.e. only need to pay difference not additional), how would you like to proceed?? - could have cut so much time out of the process and now when I want to give CBCS more $$ they have gone silent again

Yep.
My question is even simpler than that. It's Yes. Or it is No. And then I walk away with either response. I even tried the forum a few months back with this question. No boardies knew and was hoping someone within CBCS would, by some chance, see it and respond.
When you can't get answers to the simplest of questions either on the forum or through customer service, do ya think that might frustrate someone?
And my question is a valid one because it's not stated anywhere. It is not a "where are my books" question.
Post 722 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Yep.
My question is even simpler than that. It's Yes. Or it is No. And then I walk away with either response. I even tried the forum a few months back with this question. No boardies knew and was hoping someone within CBCS would, by some chance, see it and respond.
When you can't get answers to the simplest of questions either on the forum or through customer service, do ya think that might frustrate someone?
And my question is a valid one because it's not stated anywhere. It is not a "where are my books" question.

Just know this is the first time I've seen your question. The answer is no, CBCS does not grade TV Guide.
Post 723 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Just know this is the first time I've seen your question. The answer is no, CBCS does not grade TV Guide.

Thank you very much @SteveRicketts
It is appreciated.
Post 724 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, well, well....
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth...
Wait...that's Jack's line.. lol...

So, I have received a reply from customer service from "when will the shipped submission actually ship".
They shipped yesterday and of the 30 pre-screened grades, 26 have passed....
They are mostly moderns. My next two batches in the system are mostly bronze.
Titles & Grades are;
21-2D056C3-030 X-Men #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-029 Wonder Girl #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-028 Un/Sacred #6 [2021] Certified 9.9
21-2D056C3-027 Time Before Time #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-025 Sleepwalker #1 [1991] Certified 9.6
21-2D056C3-023 Nice House on the Lake #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-021 Marked #1 [2019] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-020 Man-Bat #5 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-019 Man-Bat #4 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-018 Man-Bat #3 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-017 Legends of the Dark Knight #2 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-016 Killadelphia #14 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-015 Karmen #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-014 Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-013 Haha #5 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-012 Haha #5 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-011 Haha #4 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-010 Haha #4 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-009 Haha #3 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-008 Geiger #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-007 Future State: Gotham #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-006 Eniac #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-005 Department of Truth #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-004 Department of Truth #1 [2021] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-003 Amazing Fantasy #15 [2019] Certified 9.8
21-2D056C3-001 Amazing Spider-Man #62 [2021] Certified 9.8
Post 725 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
Fed Ex has to be the worst delivery company. Never have a problem with UPS around here. Package was supposed to be delivered Friday (signature required), was home all day and they did not deliver because customer was not home, reschedule for Saturday. Skip to Saturday and I am home again, I hear the Fed Ex truck backing out of my neighbors driveway. Let me check the app and sure enough I see customer not home. The address on my packages are correct and I have a sign at driveway entrance with the house number. This is the second time this has happened with CBCS Friday deliveries.
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

CBCS should have given everyone that had a submission already into CBCS the opportunity to upgrade that submission to the new express BEFORE it was available otherwise. There should have been a separate e-mail that went to these costumers with instructions on how to upgrade the submission. Not sure how many would have actually taken advantage of this, but it would have given CBCS somewhat of the moral high ground that they gave the existing submission the opportunity to not be bumped in line. That would have been actual costumer service.
Post 727 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
July 29th order (Modern ASP, no press or fast pass) marked as Completed. Should be shipping today or tomorrow

Order has shipped

Books received today. No damage, no errors to speak of
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
anyone have any idea on what date modern orders are shipping out now?
my 7/23 order has to be shipping out soon.
Post 729 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
thinking about the new tiers.

is it possible CBCS should have made the new service tiers on the main page.
but then waited for it to take effect in a few months time.

give themselves time to catch up as much as possible and also comic cons are coming.

on a side note cgc just ticked down TATS for moderns to 94 days from 113

cbcs needs to get a handle and reduce the times in house already
Post 730 IP   flag post
600807 999 30