Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I don't know.....my dads uncle had homing pigeons when I was a kid and they made it home shockingly fast considering the distances they traveled!!....certainly faster than a customer service response!!

guess the takeaway is...don't disrespect pigeons by comparing them to CBCS customer service???

Yeah, but did you get crapped on by the pigeons?
Post 676 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, so let's get out the trusty @scifinator calculator.
I shipped 30 books (mostly moderns and a few bronze) on 8.13.21. They were delivered on 8.16.21.
My dashboard shows 8.12.21 (??????).
Took the scenic route. They have now been shipped via FedEx. ETA 5.1.22.
So what is the TAT?
Post 677 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

My guess is that date is when you created the invoice. Does that sound right?
Post 678 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ok, so let's get out the trusty @scifinator calculator.
I shipped 30 books (mostly moderns and a few bronze) on 8.13.21. They were delivered on 8.16.21.
Took the scenic route. They have now been shipped via FedEx. ETA 5.1.22.
So what is the TAT?

@Nearmint67 - C'mon maaannnn. Get with the program. The 8.12.21 date on your dashboard is a reflection of the date you submitted (Typed in) your order and has nuttin do with TAT. The 8.16.21 starts the TAT clock the day or so after delivery. That would equate to a 36 week or now or a 173 business day TAT (36 weeks x 5 business days per week (180) less 7 holidays = 173 business days).

As I know you do your own pressing, so this yours was a Grade only (Assuming no VSP), basically that is about a month beyond the estimated TATs at the end of March (Pre- Tier structure change). However, that track with my completed press submissions being SUBSTANTIALLY below the current estimated TAT's. So again, it looks more evident that CBCS has been absolutely deluged in March and early April by submitters getting in before the hike.

As such, I suspect most of us with submissions from last year will continue to get back our comics ahead of current estimates. Submitters from Jan/Feb, toss-up, Submitters from March on are probably reflected accurately in the main estimated TAT page.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Look at @Jesse_O jumping in with a quick and accurate answer while I toiled away with a long bloviated response
Post 680 IP   flag post

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Look at @Jesse_O jumping in with a quick and accurate answer while I toiled away with a long bloviated response

Yep.... That would splain it....lol....Gettn' with the program...lol...
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
So my order from Aug 1 submitted at GalaxyCon has a ($12.00) balance that has been on the dashboard for a while. I got two emails today stating that my modern and expanded submissions on the same order were in production. My invoice now says billing for the expanded and shipping for the modern. The dashboard states billing. What does this mean??

Okay, just to be clear, I am not crazy. (There are some that would argue that point.)

I still have the negative balance of $12 and my dashboard still says billing. The invoice has now reverted to the status of Labels for both the expanded and the modern. The Billing and Shipping are no longer on the invoice.

Post 682 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My MegaCon Orlando (August 18) order just went into production

1 modern book with ASP, no fast pass or pressing

Order is Complete and should be shipping soon
Post 683 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Not to be a broken record but seriously, introducing a new tier that effectively bumps all the old submissions to the back of the line…. Richard move CBCS. Richard move
Post 684 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
All that are paying the Express prices are happy.
They pay more, but they get their books back within 14 days.

All those that have submitted standard rates or are considering sticking with standard are not happy.
We are being bumped backward and/or are in limbo hell.

We know this; they know this.
They made the decision knowing the positives (revenue and influx of new customers attracted to 14 days) & I'm quite sure they knew the negatives of this decision (potential loss of existing customer base).

They need to do what they need to do and live by their decisions; and I shall as well live by my own future decisions and choices.
Post 685 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

All those that have submitted standard rates or are considering sticking with standard are not happy.

They made the decision knowing the positives (revenue and influx of new customers attracted to 14 days) & I'm quite sure they knew the negatives of this decision (potential loss of existing customer base).

They need to do what they need to do and live by their decisions; and I shall as well live by my own future decisions and choices.

RANT

You say that like "all who pay express prices" and "all that have submitted standard" are two complete separate groups of have's and have not's. I use both, I will continue to use both, and I understand (as does everybody here) the pros and cons of doing so.

CBCS is doing what's needed to grow their business, remain competitive with the other guy, and reduce turn times in the long run, but apparently some people won't have it.

You know what... stay here, go there, I don't care, but the continual barrage (by more than one of us) of "this place sucks because I don't have my books back" or "it's an unfair monopoly" doesn't help anything. Guess what... I don't have my books back either but you don't hear me bitching about it continuously, or responding with that message to the posts of others.

You want to contribute MEANINGFULLY to this thread, stick to the turn time facts and quit editorializing... like this.

END RANT
Post 686 IP   flag post
@figment

I will do and say what I want. Period

END RANT
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector 2021NAI private msg quote post Address this user
@Figment Ok since you have the answers and don't want people to voice their frustration for being essentially lied to, how do you handle this one. They have had my books for 11 months. All high end and destroyed one during pressing (2K Book).Their apology email on the incident has been the only email I have received in 11 months. Mind you my order was a 2 Day Modern for $50 per book. Not economy. I have spoke with Darryl Hayden via email and he assured me that he would look into it and get back to me since they should have been back 6 months ago. Since I have heard nothing, zilch. They are sitting on 10K in books (well at least it was). As a consumer this is what we are to expect? To say the least CGC has already received my next 25 book order.
Post 688 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
My MegaCon Orlando (August 18) order just went into production

1 modern book with ASP, no fast pass or pressing

Order is Complete and should be shipping soon

Order has shipped
Post 689 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
You know, just gonna throw this out there, why doesn’t CBCS offer all old submissions a discounted “upgrade fee” so we can bump our books to this new guaranteed time? It’s about the money right? Because is sure isn’t about anything else.
Post 690 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021NAI
All high end and destroyed one during pressing (2K Book).

How in the hell did they destroy a book in pressing?
Post 691 IP   flag post
Collector 2021NAI private msg quote post Address this user
@BPaxson002 Your guess is as good as mine on that one. No Clue. Said it knocked it from a 9.6-9.8 down to a 5.0 range. Unreal
Post 692 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
@figment

It's been A YEAR, for the majority here. People have a right to be upset, some of us entrusted thousands of dollars worth of comics to this company and they are treating many like crap and on top of that they spit in our faces by offering expedited services now and tossing us plebs to the back of the line.
Post 693 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021NAI
@BPaxson002 Your guess is as good as mine on that one. No Clue. Said it knocked it from a 9.6-9.8 down to a 5.0 range. Unreal

Normally I would say 20 bucks says too much pressure and a spine split, but winning a $20 bet is not going to do you much good in that.

Was it a Golden age book?
Post 694 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I totally understand (and agree too!) with all the frustration regarding TATs. The new Express tiers possibly impacting pre-Express tier submission TATs is not good optics either. No one will argue otherwise.

I think the push back comes from the repetitive and constant negative posts and complaints that have changed the atmosphere of the forum. The forum used to be a place to celebrate our hobby but it's become something else now. Some (or many) might say..."Too bad for you"....and maybe that's right but that's probably why there's push back because of the atmosphere change.

All the complaints are valid but it also sucks for the forum members who come here for the love of the hobby.

I'm not saying to not complain....I'm just saying that this is probably the reason why you get push back.
Post 695 IP   flag post
Quote:

@Nuffsaid111 - Ummm, you used absolutes, which would make your statements absolutely wrong. I get the point of what your are trying to convey, though.
Post 696 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:

RANT

You say that like "all who pay express prices" and "all that have submitted standard" are two complete separate groups of have's and have not's. I use both, I will continue to use both, and I understand (as does everybody here) the pros and cons of doing so.

CBCS is doing what's needed to grow their business, remain competitive with the other guy, and reduce turn times in the long run, but apparently some people won't have it.

You know what... stay here, go there, I don't care, but the continual barrage (by more than one of us) of "this place sucks because I don't have my books back" or "it's an unfair monopoly" doesn't help anything. Guess what... I don't have my books back either but you don't hear me bitching about it continuously, or responding with that message to the posts of others.

You want to contribute MEANINGFULLY to this thread, stick to the turn time facts and quit editorializing... like this.

END RANT

sigh...I will also likelt use both going forward...but what about those of use that had 'fast' options - that was a good option before but now the express will take priority over even the 'fast' - effectively making my 'fast' option useless (oh sure..it will get done before standard but fast should have already been moving instead of bumped back) . Want more revenue stream?? offer 'fast' orders to update to express for the cost difference....or....slightly less than the difference because you are sorry for screwing them.....

RANT!
Post 697 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@BPaxson002 love your profile pick - Reid Fleming - World's Toughest Milk Man!!! have a cover sketch somewhere from David Boswell......
Post 698 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Nuffsaid111 - Ummm, you used absolutes, which would make your statements absolutely wrong. I get the point of what your are trying to convey, though

Amen brother. You're right. I made a mistake. And I admit it.

Just don't like being indignantly & contemptuously told from a figment of my imagination of what I can and can't say
Post 699 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I think the push back comes from the repetitive and constant negative posts and complaints that have changed the atmosphere of the forum. The forum used to be a place to celebrate our hobby but it's become something else now. Some (or many) might say..."Too bad for you"....and maybe that's right but that's probably why there's push back because of the atmosphere change.

All the complaints are valid but it also sucks for the forum members who come here for the love of the hobby.

I'm not saying to not complain....I'm just saying that this is probably the reason why you get push back.

This is on CBCS not the people complaining,CBCS made the forum hostile by their utter lack of transparency and disregard for people spending a lot of money on something. I'm never one to complain about product, I'm usually the calm down person. But they have had my books since August of last year over 20 of them ranging from 100.00 to 2k in value. It's inexcusable to offer a new product to by pass me in line.
Post 700 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_d
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

This is on CBCS not the people complaining,CBCS made the forum hostile by their utter lack of transparency and disregard for people spending a lot of money on something. I'm never one to complain about product, I'm usually the calm down person. But they have had my books since August of last year over 20 of them ranging from 100.00 to 2k in value. It's inexcusable to offer a new product to by pass me in line.

You are not wrong.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BPaxson002 love your profile pick - Reid Fleming - World's Toughest Milk Man!!! have a cover sketch somewhere from David Boswell......

The artwork comes from a button collection that was issued I think after the original was published but before the Eclipse editions. I remember ordering and selling a few sets at my comic shop back in the 80s. Wish I had saved at least one for me.

The funny part is I mostly look like Reid now. At least I get to go around telling people I am not bald but get my hair cut this way!
Post 702 IP   flag post
Quote:
.but what about those of use that had 'fast' options - that was a good option before but now the express will take priority over even the 'fast' - effectively making my 'fast' option useless (oh sure..it will get done before standard but fast should have already been moving instead of bumped back)

@KatKomics - in a different thread, a submitter mentioned dropping off some comics at a con days prior to the price increase/new tier release (PI/NTR maybe). His/Her modern Fast Pass coupon submission showed up oh the dashboard as "Express". Don't know if that is how CBCS is definitely going to handle Pre-PI/NTR submissions with Fast Passes or or new submissions with previous membership coupons, but found it interesting. And even if that is how they are handling, I might guess that the "Guarantee" would not be in effect.

It would be nice if there was some definitive info on those, though.
Post 703 IP   flag post
TBH, CBCS has an advantage for us complaining about our orders here.

If we are doing it here, we are not on Facebook, twitter (for those who have not left), reddit or the like complaining in front of POTENTIAL customers about the lost, damaged, or delayed orders. We are bitching about it here in front of people who have already given money to CBCS.

Now is it costing them all that amount of money? Not really. Those pushing back at our complaints are still sending in books at a rate faster than CBCS can handle. And, most are paying the superduper express bribe to move their books ahead of ours.

It is the French Revolution all over again

"The Peasants are Revolting!"

"Yes! They Stink on Ice!"
Post 704 IP   flag post
On a sad note it appear Neal Adams just passed away.
I know he was dealing with some significant health issues as of late.
Post 705 IP   flag post
598077 999 30