Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
My July 22nd order, all Modern with verified sigs and no fast anything, has been in labels for quite a few weeks now.
Post 626 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets
My July 22nd order, all Modern with verified sigs and no fast anything, has been in labels for quite a few weeks now.

Yeah... the wait in Labels for the slower tiers can be, well... a while. I have an Extended order, and a Consumer order, that have been in Labels since mid-February.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Quickstream Press (which of course isn't a thing anymore)

Received 2/22
Entered 2/25
Press In 2/25
Grading 4/26

I expect it will be ready for pickup within a few weeks.
Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
My August submission is in labels. Been there about 3 weeks. Guess I might be getting them back soon. At least I hope.

were they moderns

it seems like they are far behind from touching any new orders from this year

1 expanded 2 modern all authorized signatures
Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
My early August has been in labels for around 7 weeks.

Mine may have been that long. I forgot to download invoice to check until a couple of weeks ago. I got the grading email on 3/29 so I am assuming I still have a considerable wait.
Post 630 IP   flag post

Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Dear CBCS:
If any representative of CBCS is reading this thread, I request that you give me an update on my submission Invoice 21-0B7F65D. Today (April 26, 2022) is the 9 month anniversary of my submission being received at CBCS (July 26, 2021). Or in terms of weeks (since CBCS listed TAT in weeks until recently), it has been a full 39 weeks since the submission was received at CBCS. Or in working days, it's been between 184 to 195 days (can't tell for sure since I don't know which days CBCS is closed for holidays).

I think that by any reasonable measure, it has been long enough, so I would appreciate an update that gives me some specifics on when to expect my order completed.

I have only received one e-mail regarding this submission since it was made. That was the "Order Received" e-mail, and that did not come until 2 months after the order arrived at CBCS. Since then, nothing.
And before anyone asks, no pressing, no vsp, just grading.

Since I've been using CBCS since 2016 and reading the forums as long, I knew to check my invoice for updates. On February 15, 2022, I noticed that the status was changed to "Grading" and to "Labels" on the printed invoice. So it's been in that status for 10 weeks now as well.

Please reply in this thread, or send me a PM or even e-mail me.

Thanks in advance,
Post 631 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar, unfortunately the focus has been on the “new guaranteed fast pass”. Which is repeatedly forcing others that paid 9 and 10 months ago to the end of the line.
Post 632 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My MegaCon Orlando (August 18) order just went into production

1 modern book with ASP, no fast pass or pressing
Post 633 IP   flag post
Collector Majikmarkerz private msg quote post Address this user
**UPDATE**

04.18.2021 - 9 books shipped to CBCS from NC. VSP, Modern, Press.

05.04.2021 - Books were “received” by CBCS.

06.16.2021 - received an email back from customer service they have been pressed.

11.24.2021 - email to customer service asking about status.

12.28.2021 - received email response they are in the grading room.

02.15.2022 - PDF invoice shows "Labels" for the first time.

03.28.2022 - email to customer service asking about status.

04.04.2022 - email to customer service asking about status..again.

04.07.2022 - still no response to my emails asking where the books are, pdf still shows "Labels”.

04.12.2022 - Customer Service has finally responded to my 03.28.2022 email. They stated my books are in "HeatSeal stage, which is a few steps before shipping."

04.20.2022 - Email received at 11:30 AM EST - CBCS submissions are ready to be shipped.

04.21.2022 - no tracking provided, no grades in system, no grades on pdf invoice.

04.22.2022 - tracking provided

04.24.2022 - Grades available online

04.26.2022 - Order delivered via FedEx.
Post 634 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i might try the modern express service

is it 14 days TATS ?
Post 635 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
There is absolutely no reason as a company they should be offering a 14 day service when people are waiting a year
Post 636 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_d
There is absolutely no reason as a company they should be offering a 14 day service when people are waiting a year

There are times that just one sentence says it all.
Post 637 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
July 29th order (Modern ASP, no press or fast pass) marked as Completed. Should be shipping today or tomorrow

Order has shipped

Order received August 9th still in Grading

My MegaCon Orlando order is In Production
Post 638 IP   flag post
Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question, there's a Imagicon coming up this weekend in North Dakota. The last time I was there I got a bunch of stuff signed by Bob Hall and the year before had some power rangers stuff signed by 2 of the actors from the TV series. Beckett was there offering a sticker they would put on the inside cover to authenticate that it was a valid signature. With that sticker from Beckett does that work as a verified signature to send in for grading at CBCS for the smaller fee for signed books. If so I'm going to make sure to get it. Doug Jones that's from Star trek discovery, hellboy and he played silver surfer in the fantastic Four rise of the Silver Surfer is going to be there.
Post 639 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
Not only offering faster service when people have waited longer, but what about pricing? I paid $108 per book for quickstream and fastpress, neither of which are offered anymore. Express, with guaranteed TAT, would be $80 per book. So when mine don't show up within the Express guaranteed TAT, I am AT LEAST owed the difference in a refund right? They can't charge me more for a slower service....
Post 640 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdj79
Not only offering faster service when people have waited longer, but what about pricing? I paid $108 per book for quickstream and fastpress, neither of which are offered anymore. Express, with guaranteed TAT, would be $80 per book. So when mine don't show up within the Express guaranteed TAT, I am AT LEAST owed the difference in a refund right? They can't charge me more for a slower service....

The advice I'd normally give an individual is to call customer service and to discuss.
I don't think I can give that advice today, though.

The good news is it's coming. They said so; therefore it must be.
Post 641 IP   flag post
WOOT!!! My Consumer submission from July 28, which went to Labels on February 16, has finally moved to Production on April 27.

So... Labels (for the slow tiers) appears to be taking about 2.5 months.
Post 642 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdj79

You should expect an old Quickstream with Fast Press to take about 12 weeks total. At least, that's what mine took.
Post 643 IP   flag post
@Mrbryceman Definitely contact CBCS and Beckett but regardless, the sticker will cause a hit to the grade

If Beckett will be at the show issuing stickers you should be able to just have them witness the signing and submit to CBCS through them as a witnessed signature.
Post 644 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
This week will be 14 weeks.
Post 645 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
they should create a real cheap tier label it this

Super slow tier TATS APPX 500 days
we will get to them if we can

if you want to fast track them
the TATS go down to 450 days

price per book $10
Post 646 IP   flag post
Quote:
they should create a real cheap tier label it this

Super slow tier TATS APPX 500 days
we will get to them if we can

if you want to fast track them
the TATS go down to 450 days

price per book $10

I have books I'd submit at that tier.
Post 647 IP   flag post
the express modern tier if its accurate
i might send in a spawn #1 and get it back in 14 days for $34 dollars without shipping
Post 648 IP   flag post
here is a question
how fast are they into opening boxes up and placing them into the system for grading

if i use express tier to i mark the box express so they know to open it first

or does it sit there for long period
Post 649 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATED 4/27 9:34am Pac

So you can get a rough ideas as to where things stand, below are status updates on my 11 Modern w/Press submissions that were delivered to CBCS on June 8th in two separate boxes. (All standard, w/out any FAST P's and one with VSP added). 5 of the 11 had press completed in 44wks, 1 of the 11 had press completed in 45wks

May 28, 2021 21-1DA4D21 30 Comics - In Pressing Room

May 28, 2021 21-1DA3BBA 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/20 = 45wk/217 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/18, In Pressing Room

May 28, 2021 21-1DA1FC5 30 Comics - In Pressing Room

May 27, 2021 21-1D90B3E 60 Comics - In Pressing Room

May 27, 2021 21-1D8FD6C 101 Comics - In Grading Room 4/11

May 27, 2021 21-1D8DDAD 31 Comics - In Grading Room 4/7

May 26, 2021 21-1D5943E 26 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/19 = 45wk/216 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/11, In Grading Room 4/4

May 25, 2021 21-1D2905B 30 Comics - Shipped 4/14 = 44wk/213 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, 4/13 Shipping, In Labels 4/12, In Grading Room 4/4

May 25, 2021 21-1D27E7E 30 Comics - Shipped 4/27 = 46wk/222 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Shipping 4/22, In Labels 4/18, In Grading Room 4/4

May 25, 2021 21-1D26C85 30 Comics - In Grading Room 4/5

May 25, 2021 21-1D24259 30 Comics w/2 VSP - In Pressing Room

I will update occasionally until completed.
Post 650 IP   flag post
Quote:
here is a question
how fast are they into opening boxes up and placing them into the system for grading

if i use express tier to i mark the box express so they know to open it first

or does it sit there for long period

Boxes are currently being opened, with the content entered into the CBCS tracking system, within two or three days of carrier delivery confirmation. Expect an additional five or so business days for books delivered by convention drop off.

This does NOT mean they are at grading, only that they have been entered and will be handled according to tier.
Post 651 IP   flag post
thanks

i might try the express for $35
Post 652 IP   flag post
i would think that express grading should be on time
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector frankthecomicguy private msg quote post Address this user
@figment This is not true. I wish it was. I submitted (1) high value book at WonderCon on 4/1/22 and it is still not logged. If I mailed it in I would have had it back by now.
Post 654 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
i would think that express grading should be on time

express has to be on time - it's part of the guarantee - or your fee$$$ back
Post 655 IP   flag post
601460 999 30