Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
Well my next to last order is finally shipping after 9 Months. Both orders were received on the same day , but for some reason this one was completed first. Both orders were Modern, no press, no signature. So they must be in the end of July timeframe for processing.
When were they received at CBCS? Please share so those of us with outstanding orders have a frame of reference for when our orders might be shipping.
Thanks in advance,
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
3 weeks now since I dropped of an Incredible Hulk 1 for 1 day tier at WonderCon and nothing on my dashboard, no email. Should have sent it in per mail, would have been faster.
Post 602 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well my next to last order is finally shipping after 9 Months. Both orders were received on the same day , but for some reason this one was completed first. Both orders were Modern, no press, no signature. So they must be in the end of July timeframe for processing.

wow they are not even up to September

that means what ever we send in now we will not get back until next year
Post 603 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I have given up complaining.

Sorta like a tree falling in the forest and no one hearing it.
Maybe even pissing in the wind during a windstorm.

I've altered my actions and I'll be straightforward and mention I just sent in 13 books to the other guys that had previously been destined for here.
I'm not afraid to be truthful during any interaction with anyone or business. Some will say its disrespectful for this forum. I will say I'm being honest - Which is all I ever wanted from their Marketing release.

"Heard the complaints of our customers" does not equal "TAT increase to 244 days".
It just doesn't.

i fully understand your thoughts.
its hard to send in more orders unless they are fast tracked.
and what scares me is the TATS still and extra cash
i will just hold off on sending in until i see the tats go down
and wait until my current orders in come back
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 To make you feel even better, the TAT was like 17-20 weeks back then (as best I can remember). So yeah now the wait posted is 11.2 months and that is not factoring in holidays, vacations, etc. But maybe they are posting such a long time so they will be sure to meet the TAT.
Post 605 IP   flag post

@Lonestar End of July 2021
Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector Wheresmymvs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeminedeadpool
3 weeks now since I dropped of an Incredible Hulk 1 for 1 day tier at WonderCon and nothing on my dashboard, no email. Should have sent it in per mail, would have been faster.

In my personal experience dropping off books at conventions takes much longer than sending it in to the Texas facility. Yes, you are saving on freight but chances are you are adding time to the queue.
Post 607 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this email today.
21-3234C91-MD (from September 7th, 2021)
Good news! Your book(s) are now in the grading room and will be examined by the CBCS Grading Team shortly!
30 books, mix of mostly bronze & some moderns. No press (I do that), just grade on the slow train.
And believe this, my dashboard got updated too......
Woop Woop....
Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Got this email today.
Good news! Your book(s) are now in the grading room and will be examined by the CBCS Grading Team shortly!
30 books, mix of mostly bronze & some moderns. No press (I do that), just grade on the slow train.
Woop Woop....

I got that email too!

...on March 21st.
Post 609 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Got this email today.
Woop Woop....

I got that email too!

...on March 21st.

Fin Fam Foom!!!!!
It shouldn't take a month to ship, right?
Maybe there's a traffic jamb at the shipping label printer??? lol......

The September 7th submission was 3 weeks+ behind my August 12th submission.
The August submission is in "shipping" so I am looking for the "your order has shipped" email on that one any day now. And not another month like Tom.......
So I will have to wait to see how much I was bumped by the faster tiers to get the September submission into shipping.

I did pose the question to customer service as to when the "shipping" order from August will actually ship. No "clear" response yet...
Keep you posted.
Post 610 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdj79
So, I located the status where you said. "Submitted." My big problem here is just the bait and switch. I did a lot of calculating about when I would potentially get them back and chose to pay for a service that had a specific estimated TAT, with the understanding that it may be slightly off. Looking at a "submitted" status 5 weeks after I expected to have them back is nowhere close to what I paid for, and would never have sent them in the first place. They were all signature verification, quickstream, and fast press. I chose not to have any that could not be verified pressed or graded, which means signature verification had to come first. So, 14 weeks later, THAT hasn't even been done? That's unforgivable.

@erikdj79 - No. Your TAT starts a day or so after your submission is delivered to CBCS or the Wednesday after a drop off at a Con. The "Submitted" and "Received" dates that you see on the dashboard have nothing to do with the calculation of your TAT.
Post 611 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 I'm interested to see if they actually give you a response. It really does seem like the lower tiers are not only made to wait in limbo for months on end while thousands of other "Express" tiers are processed, but then when they actually start getting processed, they're repeatedly bumped to the back of the line every step of the way. So even when they make it to the grading room, or shipping department, a stack of other books get dumped on top of them.

Post 612 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
@scifinator - yeah my estimated TAT is based on the estimate that they had on the site at the time and I'm figuring it from the date they got it,
Post 613 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 I would say keep sending in books and don't wait for TATs to drop. Reason is the time you are waiting could be time that they are in line for grading, not sitting at home. Here is my strategy:

1. Send a modern order in each month (10+ months TAT)

2. Send a few books in as express each month, even if just one. (Should be back in a month)

3. When you start getting books back from the modern order (in like 10 months) stop sending in express

This plan will ensure you get back books monthly and the wait will not be so bad. Put cheaper books in the modern order that you don't need back so quickly.
Post 614 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My order, moderns ASP no fast pass, received July 29th just entered “Production”
Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@beastboy1980 I would say keep sending in books and don't wait for TATs to drop. Reason is the time you are waiting could be time that they are in line for grading, not sitting at home. Here is my strategy:

2. Send a few books in as express each month, even if just one. (Should be back in a month)

3. When you start getting books back from the modern order (in like 10 months) stop sending in express

This plan will ensure you get back books monthly and the wait will not be so bad. Put cheaper books in the modern order that you don't need back so quickly.

that's what I do
Post 616 IP   flag post
Quote:

i did that this year
i sent in 2 orders in january and 1 in feb
i might send in small modern this month
or send it into cgc the order
Post 617 IP   flag post
cgc TATS now are 113 days

i might drop a modern order there and have something in with cgc
Post 618 IP   flag post
i am hoping cbcs cuts down the TATS
Post 619 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
My August submission is in labels. Been there about 3 weeks. Guess I might be getting them back soon. At least I hope.
Post 620 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
My August submission is in labels. Been there about 3 weeks. Guess I might be getting them back soon. At least I hope.

were they moderns

it seems like they are far behind from touching any new orders from this year
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
My early August has been in labels for around 7 weeks.
Post 622 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

that sounds long
Post 623 IP   flag post
Collector MarcPatten private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheresmymvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeminedeadpool

In my personal experience dropping off books at conventions takes much longer than sending it in to the Texas facility. Yes, you are saving on freight but chances are you are adding time to the queue.

My experience has been the opposite. Dropping books off at a show seems to get them checked into the system faster no matter what TAT tier. In fact TAT fast pass grading only is nearly the same time as 5 Day. Where all the delays are occurring for me are in Pressing. I am going to try and find someone to press my higher $$ books, before sending in to either company. Right now I have a fast pass order and a 5Day order that were both received on March 31 and both have entered into the Pressing Cue. Now we wait and see how many weeks/months it will take to move to grading.
Post 624 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
July 29th order (Modern ASP, no press or fast pass) marked as Completed. Should be shipping today or tomorrow
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
My July 22nd order, all Modern with verified sigs and no fast anything, has been in labels for quite a few weeks now.
Post 626 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets
My July 22nd order, all Modern with verified sigs and no fast anything, has been in labels for quite a few weeks now.

Yeah... the wait in Labels for the slower tiers can be, well... a while. I have an Extended order, and a Consumer order, that have been in Labels since mid-February.
Post 627 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quickstream Press (which of course isn't a thing anymore)

Received 2/22
Entered 2/25
Press In 2/25
Grading 4/26

I expect it will be ready for pickup within a few weeks.
Post 628 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe

were they moderns

it seems like they are far behind from touching any new orders from this year

1 expanded 2 modern all authorized signatures
Post 629 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

Mine may have been that long. I forgot to download invoice to check until a couple of weeks ago. I got the grading email on 3/29 so I am assuming I still have a considerable wait.
Post 630 IP   flag post
601481 999 30