Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
TAT UPDATE
Received email today from CBCS;
Submission 21-2D056C3-MD complete and ready for shipping.
Received 8.12.21. That's 253 days to today.
If it ships out Monday, I will have it Thursday or Friday next week.

were these just regular moderns

Yes, 27 moderns & 3 bronze.

Quote:
if we the customer can pay the cgc or cbcs bill months in advance and they have our money in hand which is fine. then we need a better return on the transaction.

You do know that you do not have to pay in advance right? I never pay in advance. I just paid last week for the August 12th 2021 submission. All I had to pay was the shipping.

You just need to set a prescreen grade for each book. Then the fee goes to 0.00.
That has a slight risk. If your book does not hit the prescreen grade, your book does not get graded.
They will allow up to 10% of your order before charging any fees for non graded books being returned to you.
Example, I submit 30 books per submission, that allows me 3 misses. After that, they charge 4.00 fee for each book that does not meet the prescreened grade. But if you know how to grade, that will not be an issue.
No reason to let your money sit in their bank for 6 to 8 months when you can keep it in your own bank.

Hope that helps some of the members in here who may not have known that.
Post 551 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In theory you could set prescren to 1.0 then regardless of the book is a 9.8 or whatever?
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
With the new Express tiers hopping to the front of the line, it seems like it’s theoretically possible that you could never get an old submission back. If Express submissions keep coming in, overtime you just get further back in the line and never advance.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my first ever order in January, all signature verification. I did a lot of calculating and chose to pay extra for quickstream and fast press because the estimated turnaround would be about 11 weeks. Now, both quickstream and fast press no longer exist, and I can't seem to get CBCS to reply to emails OR phone calls. I paid more than what the new "Express" level would cost, so I should be expecting faster service than that, right?
Post 554 IP   flag post
And I post this knowing that it was an ESTIMATE, but I paid extra BECAUSE I was expecting TAT to be CLOSE to the estimate, not MONTHS behind.
Post 555 IP   flag post

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
With the new Express tiers hopping to the front of the line, it seems like it’s theoretically possible that you could never get an old submission back. If Express submissions keep coming in, overtime you just get further back in the line and never advance.

I sure hope not; but you might be right.
I'm so frustrated and aggravated that I don't even care anymore.
244 days, 350 days, 472 days - who the heck knows
All I do know for sure is that customer concerns have been addressed. It said so in the Marketing release.

As a side note, I learned today my Toyota Corolla that the salesman told me had a Corvette engine in it; actually doesn't have a corvette engine. What's up with that?
Post 556 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Dont know, but chances are your Toyota will run longer than the corvette and get better gas mileage...
Post 557 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Dont know, but chances are your Toyota will run longer than the corvette and get better gas mileage...

I do hope you're right!
Now I'm laughing - thank you
Post 558 IP   flag post
If I said I noticed it was a Yugo engine, would that be good?
Post 559 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111
No. Because chances are it couldn't maintain minimum speed in highway.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdj79
I sent my first ever order in January, all signature verification. I did a lot of calculating and chose to pay extra for quickstream and fast press because the estimated turnaround would be about 11 weeks. Now, both quickstream and fast press no longer exist, and I can't seem to get CBCS to reply to emails OR phone calls. I paid more than what the new "Express" level would cost, so I should be expecting faster service than that, right?
@erikdj79 - Your quick stream service should should move fairly fast. I just had a combined 2 day modern and Rapid submission press (no VSP like you have) that has moved from press into grading/billing from February, so you should have yours soon.
Post 561 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
You realize where you are at right? I get dissatisfaction and complaints. Yes the people need to voice their concerns somewhere.

However, if you are so unsatisfied, create a forum and voice your wanting a new grading company there. While you are at this grading company's forum, I would imagine it would be polite to show respect...

i am not trying to bash any of the places.
i dont mind at all waiting extra days for a order
what confused me is is one week the TATS were 124 days
the next week 224 days for moderns

that seems like a shock.

and i meant no disrespect at all to any of the places by saying the industry could use more grading places for the hobby. that is just conversation.
if you read some of my posts i have said that cbcs customer support call backs have been solid.
called me back
just becuase i mentiones the booming hobby could use more solid places like cbcs and cgc that is not a insult its just my point of view
Post 562 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
If I said I noticed it was a Yugo engine, would that be good?

what was the old joke??

Yugo has a new antitheft feature on the car.....they made the name bigger!!!
Post 563 IP   flag post
Are they always so bad about replying to customers? Like I said, I'm 2 emails and a voice-mail in, I would have expected to hear something by now.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Are they always so bad about replying to customers? Like I said, I'm 2 emails and a voice-mail in, I would have expected to hear something by now.

CBCS hasn't had what I would call customer service since 2017. They have had plenty of opportunity to gain big time on the #1 but they continually shoot themselves in the foot. It's really too bad.
Post 565 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
this may sound stupid

but if the current TATS have changed to 224 days for moderns
does anyone have any idea what month they might be grading at this moment.

that would be helpful if we knew what month they might be up to at the current times
Post 566 IP   flag post
Quote:

i called one of the regional reps
i was lucky to get through he took my name
and called me back same day.

i asked about the TATS how on the site its diff in 2 places and he told me over the phone
that for basic moderns its 224 days.
Post 567 IP   flag post
Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
this may sound stupid

but if the current TATS have changed to 224 days for moderns
does anyone have any idea what month they might be grading at this moment.

that would be helpful if we knew what month they might be up to at the current times

My books from a show last August have moved (in the past 3 weeks-ish) from billing to grading and now sit in labels status. So if mine are an indication of where they are as a whole, it would be Aug '21 or sometime shortly after.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@erikdj79 As bad as they are now about getting back to people, it actually was worse.
Post 569 IP   flag post
Wait, I'm seeing people say theirs is "changing status," mine has always said "received." I was told by them early on that I won't see status updates until it's done...
Post 570 IP   flag post
Did you check the invoices hyperlink? That's where most folks miss for latest information on their submission.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Below was posted on the Pressing thread, but knowing that not all TAT thread followers and forum members follow that thread, thought it was pertinent to view:

Post 572 IP   flag post
Quote:
Wait, I'm seeing people say theirs is "changing status," mine has always said "received." I was told by them early on that I won't see status updates until it's done...

Hey bud, do like @Bronte mentioned. Click on your submission number. That will open a new window showing you the current status (which may or may not be 100% current). Keep in mind that the grading has sub-levels. That is why it sits in that category for a while.

And if you need more current update, then private message @SteveRicketts. He is in the pressing department, but Steve is great about finding out where your books are.
Post 573 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Thanks for bringing that update into this thread. That is great news from @SteveRicketts.
They are working feverishly to get this rocket ship flying higher and faster. A 12 week TAT on pressing would be great to see. Although I do press my own books, there are some stubborn books that I will probably send to Steve to press.
The square bounds are not easy and I have a few. There is also an impression on many books that looks like it was created from a binding strap??? Sometimes you see just one row, but can be up to three rows from left to right (mostly on the front covers) but can also be found on the back covers.
These impressions are super stubborn to press out. I have several that I will most likely send in.

If there are other guys in this forum that also press your own books, perhaps we can start a new thread about what we are pressing and the challenges and successes of our pressings.
Post 574 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67

Challenges can be discussed to a point, but techniques and steps can't. There is a hard and fast rule about pressing techniques and guides and it not being discussed on forums.

You may want to ask for clarification if you want to go fo down that road, but personally I'd suggest taking it to a different forum or private message or something that won't get you in trouble.
Post 575 IP   flag post
When I click on my order #, all it says is "processing." The only link I have for invoice is to print one.
Post 576 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
When I click on my order #, all it says is "processing." The only link I have for invoice is to print one.

Click that link...Print Invoice.
Post 577 IP   flag post
@erikdj79 - Exactly, click “Print Incoice”, sometimes it will have a more updated detail. Not always, but sometimes.
Post 578 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The accurate and timely reporting of order status is one of the things that the CBCS web site is, uh... not real good at (to be kind). The good news is that they know it so hopefully, like TAT, it's on the list to be fixed. Having to click the print invoice to get the "real" status (which still isn't always correct) is about THE DUMBEST thing I've seen implemented in the web context, and I have to admit I was one of the ones howling about not knowing until some kind forum member pointed it out. And even then I'm thinking, "Why would I want to print what's on the screen when it doesn't tell me anything."

DOH!!! Talk about counterintuitive!
Post 579 IP   flag post
It is literally the exact same invoice I sent in, leading me to believe they have not even STARTED my order yet. Unbelievable. Maybe they can just send my books back and refund me.
Post 580 IP   flag post
601281 999 30