Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
what is alarming the orders i sent in say in january
am i going to even get them back this year
i was hoping for 6 months like it said or close to that TATS

i fully understand TATS might change with new orders.
but i think they have to access how long old orders are sitting inside the place.

to me its crazy not to get back a order say from this january of this year in the same year
Post 526 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
TAT UPDATE
Received email today from CBCS;
Submission 21-2D056C3-MD complete and ready for shipping.
Received 8.12.21. That's 253 days to today.
If it ships out Monday, I will have it Thursday or Friday next week.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
So for TATs. Is the listed TAT for books submitted today, or does it supposedly apply to books summitted in the past as well? So the TAT at the time of submission is totally out the window?

@Zipper - In theory, it is supposed to be a current estimate as of today, for both comics that were already submitted, and to a degree, for the non-guaranteed comics that are newly submitted. BUT, especially, for the new submitted, that will always be fluid as CBCS can only use historical norms for flows. And, therein lies most frustration as the historical norms of incoming comics has been getting blown out of the water for 2 years now.

Now, add on the TAT estimates are contrarily listed for the non-guaranteed tiers on the Main page and the Membership page, plus several people (including my own submissions) reporting recent movement that is much faster than what is posted on the main page and similar to the estimates on the Membership page. Further, some reports are that CBCS employees are stating that the estimate on the Main page is correct and that the Membership page is wrong.

So, that leads me to surmise, that 1) CBCS is thinking that there will be a large bump for non-guaranteed TAT's in the coming weeks/months, 2) that there may have been another massive record breaking onslaught of lower tier submissions in Feb/March and early April to get ahead of the price increase, thus affecting recent and future submissions while not affecting pre-March submissions, 3) CBCS is setting an expectation barrier for future non-guaranteed submission by listing an astronomical TAT that would thus have current submitters surprised to be getting back submissions earlier and potentially drive current low tier submitters to either the guaranteed tiers or to just hold off / submit elsewhere.

I suspect that #2 is the most likely or prominent scenario at work here. So, @Zipper if you have a submission that was at CBCS prior to Feb/March, my guess is you will probably receive soon than the Main page TAT. If you are looking to submit now, unless using one of the guaranteed TAT tiers, you are going to be in for a long wait.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This is completely unrelated to any current discussions.
I was just reading comments about TATs, and it made me think of the possible number of customers for both companies who are holding back their submissions until TATs are "under control," and that made me think that if it ever happens, there will likely be another surge of submissions that bottleneck everything.

That said, I don't see them ever being under control to the point where people are satisfied- Not without the hobby crashing a bit, anyway. If the companies staffed and equipped themselves to make dream-come-true TATs, people will dance in the streets (except for the ones complaining about the soaring fees required to make those dreams come true), but eventually the day will come when they have too many people, too many machines, and too many square feet, and it would cost a lot of money to keep them around in case things pick up again, and you know where that money will come from.

Think of it like a grocery store's checkout lines. It's a pain when you and your half-full cart (high-grade Bronze) are behind three people with stuffed carts, one of them being 90 years old with a checkbook (equivalent to a huge submission of midgrade Bronze), but the store only has 10 similarlly filled checkout stands. Can the store make it so there are 50 more cashiers and registers so no one has to wait? Sure they can, but they never will.

Clearly the ebb and flow of a store and comic grading companies are different, but the same business sense has to be used. They can add some more to help improve the time, but there's just no way to make it so everyone is happy, The hobby is just too crazy right now, but it really hasn't been this crazy long enough to think it's forever.
IMO
Post 529 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This thread should be retitled, Turnaround time and anal OG's.
I mean analogies.
Post 530 IP   flag post

Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user

Maybe one day....
Post 531 IP   flag post

Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
My order they received on 5/26/21 (signature verification, fastpress, grading) is about to ship out.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy the solution to this is for them to only accept as many submission as they can currently process in a reasonable time. They seem to understand that rapidly staffing up would be a bad decision. But they don’t seem to understand that accepting an infinite number of books is just as foolish.
Post 534 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I may be overanalyzing this situation, but they have a record of how many books that they process from each tier and service a month. Dividing the current volume of books by that number should give a turnaround time for the current backlog. Dividing each month's incoming volume by that rate should give them how long to add to the current turn around time for that month. If they don't see a decrease in turn arounds each month, then they are not getting a handle on the situation. If they do see a decrease, then they should be able to estimate how long it will take for them to get a handle on the situation. But offering new "skip the line" options will not solve the issue because now you have introduced a new variable that will move those already waiting farther down the line. The only logical solution would have been to halt submissions and not create a new submission route. You have only increased the issue. If you paper shredder is jammed, you don't unjam it by adding more paper.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATED

So you can get a rough ideas as to where things stand, below are status updates on my 11 Modern w/Press submissions that were delivered to CBCS on June 8th in two separate boxes. (All standard, w/out any FAST P's and one with VSP added). 5 of the 11 had press completed in 44wks, 1 of the 11 had press completed in 45wks

May 28, 2021 21-1DA4D21 30 Comics - In Pressing Room

May 28, 2021 21-1DA3BBA 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/20 = 45wk/217 Business day TAT, In Labels 4/18, In Pressing Room

May 28, 2021 21-1DA1FC5 30 Comics - In Pressing Room

May 27, 2021 21-1D90B3E 60 Comics - In Pressing Room

May 27, 2021 21-1D8FD6C 101 Comics - In Grading Room 4/11

May 27, 2021 21-1D8DDAD 31 Comics - In Grading Room 4/7

May 26, 2021 21-1D5943E 26 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/19 = 45wk/216 Business day TAT, In Labels 4/11, In Grading Room 4/4

May 25, 2021 21-1D2905B 30 Comics - Shipped 4/14 = 44wk/213 Business day TAT, 4/13 Shipping, In Labels 4/12, In Grading Room 4/4

May 25, 2021 21-1D27E7E 30 Comics - In Shipping 4/22, In Labels 4/18, In Grading Room 4/4

May 25, 2021 21-1D26C85 30 Comics - In Grading Room 4/5

May 25, 2021 21-1D24259 30 Comics w/2 VSP - In Pressing Room

I will update occasionally until completed.
Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user

OH WHERE OH WHERE CAN MY COMIC BOOKS BE, OH WHERE OH WHERE CAN THEY BEEEEE!! still waiting since July.
Post 537 IP   flag post
Alright I apologize for this image. Got the notification my books were getting ready to ship. Open mouth, insert foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars

Post 538 IP   flag post
@warlordofmars - Well, at risk of being contrary to my sugar coating rap, let me welcome you to my club...My club being the one that CBCS tortures submitters by moving a submission to the "Shipping" stage on a Friday, so one has to wait till Monday or Tuesday to get the "Shipped/Completed" notification whereby you can see your grades. As was the case for one of my submissions today, it seemed like most of my submissions in 2019 and 2020 were moved to shipping on Friday. I began to picture Muttley in the CBCS shipping department snickering once “In Shipping” email notifications were sent.

Congrats on the movement and welcome to my weekend of torment.

Post 539 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
TAT UPDATE

were these just regular moderns
Post 540 IP   flag post
the market is ready for another grading company

even if it just grades comics from 1980 to present

if run the right way they would make it fast
Post 541 IP   flag post
not to bash any of the current places.

but books and orders that are in house longer and older should NEVER have a shelf life of 4 times the wait. its bad for business and the current economy.

if we the customer can pay the cgc or cbcs bill months in advance and they have our money in hand which is fine. then we need a better return on the transaction.
Post 542 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You realize where you are at right? I get dissatisfaction and complaints. Yes the people need to voice their concerns somewhere.

However, if you are so unsatisfied, create a forum and voice your wanting a new grading company there. While you are at this grading company's forum, I would imagine it would be polite to show respect...
Post 543 IP   flag post

Post 544 IP   flag post

Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
It would be respectful if they kept their promised turnaround times.
Post 546 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I get that the turnaround times are WAY off, and I get complaining about them. But what I don't get is when things aren't factual. Maybe you are trying to be funny and I didn't get the joke. My humor is lacking I'm told.

While my reading comprehension might be a tad off but it says "estimated" and not promised.

Like I said I understand complaints and such, and you'll notice I don't defend any of that or customer service, but if you are going to try and twist my comments around to fit your narrative kindly learn to arm yourself with facts.

Post 547 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
Yes they are estimated, not promised. I mis spoke. But when they double the estimate tat. I feel disrespected. I did my part and paid what they asked. Not twisting anything you said. No idea what your getting at with that.
Post 548 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
That word "estimate".
Oofa! - dangerous word & one that brings strong emotion based on different perceptions of timeframes that fall "within"; and those that fall outside the range

Kind of like "many", "some", "often", "usually", etc.

Exchanging "estimated" with average, median, minimum, maximum, etc... might make a difference?

Less dangerous imo and perhaps something for consideration.

It's all about managing customers. It's is not about candy coated marketing releases
Post 549 IP   flag post
In my earlier post I was commenting that while being a guest in a company's forum, they should show a modicum of respect.
Post 550 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
TAT UPDATE

were these just regular moderns

Yes, 27 moderns & 3 bronze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
if we the customer can pay the cgc or cbcs bill months in advance and they have our money in hand which is fine. then we need a better return on the transaction.

You do know that you do not have to pay in advance right? I never pay in advance. I just paid last week for the August 12th 2021 submission. All I had to pay was the shipping.

You just need to set a prescreen grade for each book. Then the fee goes to 0.00.
That has a slight risk. If your book does not hit the prescreen grade, your book does not get graded.
They will allow up to 10% of your order before charging any fees for non graded books being returned to you.
Example, I submit 30 books per submission, that allows me 3 misses. After that, they charge 4.00 fee for each book that does not meet the prescreened grade. But if you know how to grade, that will not be an issue.
No reason to let your money sit in their bank for 6 to 8 months when you can keep it in your own bank.

Hope that helps some of the members in here who may not have known that.
Post 551 IP   flag post
In theory you could set prescren to 1.0 then regardless of the book is a 9.8 or whatever?
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
With the new Express tiers hopping to the front of the line, it seems like it’s theoretically possible that you could never get an old submission back. If Express submissions keep coming in, overtime you just get further back in the line and never advance.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my first ever order in January, all signature verification. I did a lot of calculating and chose to pay extra for quickstream and fast press because the estimated turnaround would be about 11 weeks. Now, both quickstream and fast press no longer exist, and I can't seem to get CBCS to reply to emails OR phone calls. I paid more than what the new "Express" level would cost, so I should be expecting faster service than that, right?
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
And I post this knowing that it was an ESTIMATE, but I paid extra BECAUSE I was expecting TAT to be CLOSE to the estimate, not MONTHS behind.
Post 555 IP   flag post
601460 999 30