Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user

Post 501 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
at this point TATS are 224 days
and i cant afford to fast pass books
it does not pay to toss more money away.

i will not send in a new order until they get a better grasp of the turn around times.
Post 502 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
cgc turn around times are 112 for moderns without a fast pass.

i want to give cbcs more orders but not until they get caught up
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@Makeminedeadpool I can't answer that, was it all on the same submission? If you mix submission tiers, the TAT is the slowest tier in the submission.
Post 504 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
CGC seems to have things back on a reasonable track

Do they really or are their posted times inaccurate as well? I've heard plenty of complaints about all the guaranteed 6 week turnaround signings pushing back the lower tier orders over at CGC and a lot of headaches with QC which will affect the true turnaround time for orders.

From what I've read on the CGC boards there's plenty of people still waiting for their slowest tier orders that were submitted in August to be scheduled for grading.

I also don't understand why CGC charges you $35 for 1975 or later valued at $400 or less and has a longer turnaround time of 208 days than those who pay $24 for modern 1975 or later that get a turnaround time of 112 days. These times should be switched. Only an incompetent company would charge customers more for slower service because of the date the comic was published.

That being said, the turnaround time for CBCS for Vintage at $40 is the same as the modern tiers of $24 an $20. This also should be changed, giving priority to the Vintage tier.
Post 505 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Do they really or are their posted times inaccurate as well? I've heard plenty of complaints about all the guaranteed 6 week turnaround signings pushing back the lower tier orders over at CGC and a lot of headaches with QC which will affect the true turnaround time for orders.

From what I've read on the CGC boards there's plenty of people still waiting for their slowest tier orders that were submitted in August to be scheduled for grading.
I’ll let you know @flanders. I packed up a box for a signing there that someone else submitted. Wolfmans due by April 9th I think it was? They didn’t email guy that they were received until the deadline day. That’s likely why the box exterior had to be labeled MW everywhere. Supposedly 6 week TAT is included with grade and sig??? I believe it when I see it.
Post 506 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

@Supertom - Restaurant business model and Collectibles Grading business model a not similar models ergo the analogy is not logical nor relevant. Further, the business model was and has been in place since before CBCS existed. Us economy users had a choices. A better analogy might be airline travel. We can choose First Class with the roomy comfy, champagne and nice meals and warm towel or we can choose the economy in the cattle car with the bag of pretzels. Even that analogy is flawed as you still arrive at close to the same time, though you have to weight for the 1st class passengers to exit first. Also, one will not starve waiting for their comics to come back. But even with a restaurant, if you don't have a reservation and the greeter says you wait may be 35 minutes, you could still be waiting 1 1/2 and longer. Don't want that to happen, make a reservation. Don't want to gamble that your submission gets bumped, pay for the higher level of service.

The airline travel analogy does work but you'd have to look at it this way. You buy a coach ticket, fully understanding that you would not get champagne and the cushy chair, but that you'd get to your destination on the date specified. But when you arrive at the airport, only to find that the first class passengers left without you, and your flight was delayed till next month. Then, the only attendant in the terminal refuses to respond to you and some guy buying duty free booze is telling everyone to stop complaining, they should have known better, and this is the only way Southwest is ever going to be more popular than Delta.

With the restaurant analogy, reservations are not equivalent to fast passes or higher tiers. Reservations are made in advance and there's no additional costs associated with it. You're not paying for better or faster service, you're simply putting in your name much sooner than the person that walked in the night of. If a restaurant worked the way CBCS does, you'd put your name in, then someone would come in AFTER you, slip the host a $20 and get seated right away. Now, if a restaurant actually operated this way, you'd have the option leave and go eat some where else. We don't have that luxury here. CBCS has our money and our books and we're here starving in the waiting area being told it's our fault we didn't slip the host some cash an hour ago.

So again, this type of service would not be tolerated anywhere else. At the very least it would be avoided. You and I are more than double our original estimated TATs at this point. Even some of the other vets on here have had enough. Whatever market share CBCS hoped to gain by not halting submission, is likely lost now that CGC seems to have things back on a reasonable track. I know you think they're working out the kinks, but for all the supposed changes and improvements they've made over the last year, from my perspective things have only gotten worse.

I'm also quite frustrated that with their new "Express" tiers, for $200 more I could send in the same exact books tomorrow, and get them back faster than the books I sent in 8 months ago. The old fast pass would just time in half, now this cuts time by 94%!! 16 TIMES FASTER?!? Now if that doesn't show how flawed and broken this system is, then I don't know what will.

Airline and restaurant analogies are not correct and don't work and can't be used as a comparison.

None of these industries require you to provide them your property to be worked on.

It's more like an auto mechanic shop. You bring in your vehicle to be Safetied because you plan on selling it. Now, in the time you've brought your car in for a Safety, there has been a worldwide pandemic causing issues to virtually all supply lines. This supply issue has also impacted the supply of brand new vehicles causing a surge in price for used vehicles. This surge in price of used vehicles has created a sellers market causing a massive influx of people selling their used cars. In order to sell your car you must have it Safetied by a qualified mechanic. In comparison to the influx of vehicles needing to be Safetied there is now a shortage of qualified mechanics....compound that with the fact that in order to pass a Safety (to make it legal and desirable for you to sell to sell) you need parts....but guess what? Supply issues on the parts you need.....causing a massive backlog Safetied vehicles and parts needed etc.. Now the customers who own Ferraris and Lambos are getting preferential service because, well, this is a money driven economy and industry and they paid for preferential services.

Comic Grading is more like this....not resturants or airlines.
Post 507 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@Supertom - Restaurant business model and Collectibles Grading business model a not similar models ergo the analogy is not logical nor relevant. Further, the business model was and has been in place since before CBCS existed. Us economy users had a choices. A better analogy might be airline travel. We can choose First Class with the roomy comfy, champagne and nice meals and warm towel or we can choose the economy in the cattle car with the bag of pretzels. Even that analogy is flawed as you still arrive at close to the same time, though you have to weight for the 1st class passengers to exit first. Also, one will not starve waiting for their comics to come back. But even with a restaurant, if you don't have a reservation and the greeter says you wait may be 35 minutes, you could still be waiting 1 1/2 and longer. Don't want that to happen, make a reservation. Don't want to gamble that your submission gets bumped, pay for the higher level of service.

The airline travel analogy does work but you'd have to look at it this way. You buy a coach ticket, fully understanding that you would not get champagne and the cushy chair, but that you'd get to your destination on the date specified. But when you arrive at the airport, only to find that the first class passengers left without you, and your flight was delayed till next month. Then, the only attendant in the terminal refuses to respond to you and some guy buying duty free booze is telling everyone to stop complaining, they should have known better, and this is the only way Southwest is ever going to be more popular than Delta.

With the restaurant analogy, reservations are not equivalent to fast passes or higher tiers. Reservations are made in advance and there's no additional costs associated with it. You're not paying for better or faster service, you're simply putting in your name much sooner than the person that walked in the night of. If a restaurant worked the way CBCS does, you'd put your name in, then someone would come in AFTER you, slip the host a $20 and get seated right away. Now, if a restaurant actually operated this way, you'd have the option leave and go eat some where else. We don't have that luxury here. CBCS has our money and our books and we're here starving in the waiting area being told it's our fault we didn't slip the host some cash an hour ago.

So again, this type of service would not be tolerated anywhere else. At the very least it would be avoided. You and I are more than double our original estimated TATs at this point. Even some of the other vets on here have had enough. Whatever market share CBCS hoped to gain by not halting submission, is likely lost now that CGC seems to have things back on a reasonable track. I know you think they're working out the kinks, but for all the supposed changes and improvements they've made over the last year, from my perspective things have only gotten worse.

I'm also quite frustrated that with their new "Express" tiers, for $200 more I could send in the same exact books tomorrow, and get them back faster than the books I sent in 8 months ago. The old fast pass would just time in half, now this cuts time by 94%!! 16 TIMES FASTER?!? Now if that doesn't show how flawed and broken this system is, then I don't know what will.

@Supertom - So once again, you are perverting an analogy to make it fit your narrative. Bottom line, the comics grading industry has worked within a specific business model. You may not like the model, but to continue to denigrate CBCS for the industry model in a near worst case scenario of the past two years is simply inane.

Hammering them for the CS issues was justified, but to a point as there is evidence that they have been addressing such issues and are righting that ship.

I am right there with others regarding the technical issues on the April update/rollout. However, pissing and moaning because they rolled out a super premium group of express tiers for those who are willing the pay for that costly service and guarantee, is short sighted at best. Why short sighted? These companies make their profit on the higher dollar submissions. The lower cost submissions are not the margin providers to make them going concerns. In the long run, if the Guaranteed tiers is successful, and other companies see a bleed out of their high dollar submissions, then there may be some one upmanship that develops and eventually, one may see a broadening of the Guarantees to even the lower tiers. That would end up being the very change that so many are grousing about now. Does is solve your grievance now? No. We are where we are. Don't like it, don't submit. Go troll elsewhere, I am done with you.
Post 508 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
The restaurant, airline and hotel analogies don't work for the simple reason that the core value of a reservation at any such business is that you're guaranteed your service at a specific day and time. TAT for comic grading isn't a guarantee (barring certain past promotions and current tier offerings). You're buying a service, and it will be provided. Perhaps not as soon as any of us would like, but it will be.

If you really want to use an airline analogy, sending in your comics for grading in the economy tiers is more like having a standby ticket. You can show up at the airport whenever you want to, but you have to wait for a flight to have empty seats. If it's spring break and you're trying to get to Orlando, well ...
Post 509 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
My most recent submission, received Feb 21, 2022
All grades are pre-screens; (no pressing as I do that myself Saves soooo much time... & $$$$ too...

Adventures on the Planet of the Apes #6 [1976]
Marvel, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.6

Alpha Flight #1 [1983]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

Alpha Flight #1 [1983]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

Amazing Spider-Man #365 [1992]
Marvel, Modern Age 9.6

Avengers #257 [1985]
Marvel, Copper Age 9.6

DC Comics Presents #49 [1982]
DC, Bronze Age 9.6

Droids #1 [1986]
Marvel, Newsstand Edition, Copper Age 9.6

Firestorm #1 [1978]
DC, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.4

Firestorm #1 [1978]
DC, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.4

Ghost Rider #28 [1992]
Marvel, Modern Age 9.8

Ms. Marvel #19 [1978]

New Mutants #1 [1983]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

Punisher #1 [1986]
Marvel, Copper Age 9.4

Punisher #1 [1986]
Marvel, Copper Age 9.4

Punisher #1 [1987]
Marvel, Copper Age 9.8

Spawn #139 [2004]
Image, Modern Age 9.8

Spectacular Spider-Man #1 [1976]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.4

Spectacular Spider-Man #8 [1977]

Spectacular Spider-Man #9 [1977]

Spectacular Spider-Man #23 [1978]

Spectacular Spider-Man #98 [1985]
Marvel, Copper Age 9.6

Super-Villain Team-Up #1 [1975]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

Uncanny X-Men #158 [1982]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

Uncanny X-Men #171 [1983]

Uncanny X-Men #283 [1991]
Marvel, Copper Age 9.8

Venom: Lethal Protector #1 [1993]
Marvel, Modern Age 9.8

Venom: Lethal Protector #1 [1993]
Marvel, Modern Age 9.8

Wolverine #1 [1982]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

X-Men #130 [1979]
Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6

You notice most are pre-screened at 9.6. That is because I will be ok with that grade, but I am expecting several of them to hit 9.8....
Gonna be a Merry Christmas or maybe, just maybe a Happy Thanksgiving???
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 need that planet of the apes one!
Post 511 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 it was only one book i dropped, an incredible hulk 1 bought that morning at the con and dropped of for 1 day turnaround
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector tylerindo private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way to get my books and money back at this point? I'll pay return shipping to never have to deal with them again.
Post 513 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerindo
Is there a way to get my books and money back at this point? I'll pay return shipping to never have to deal with them again.

If you are serious about it I would send a certified letter outlining your grievance and requesting your books be sent back.
Post 514 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
To be clear for me personally:

I don't make analogies as folks poke holes.
I leave my issues within the context of the business or business environment
I have zero issue, and in fact encourage CBCS to do what's best for them for profitability
I expect a business to take care of themselves and do the market research and live/die by their decisions.

But what I do not like and what I do not stand for from a business or from an individual is either being disingenuous or being lied to. I won't go into the differential but simply state it was one of those adjectives with that B.S. press release.
Do not tell me for a year that help is coming; that new production and new graders are coming to help alleviate the backlog and TAT (their words) and then turn around and dump the standard tier submitters who went from X days to 244 days. That just pisses me off and does not line up with the press release unless one wants to spin it
Post 515 IP   flag post
i can say on a current CGC order on TATS

I submitted a order of 4 comics fast track economy on 3/8/22 and it shipped back out to me on 4/7/22

cgc actually this time shipped it out faster

not saying this will happen all the time
Post 516 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

I have zero issue, and in fact encourage CBCS to do what's best for them for profitability
I expect a business to take care of themselves and do the market research and live/die by their decisions.

But what I do not like and what I do not stand for from a business or from an individual is either being disingenuous or being lied to. I won't go into the differential but simply state it was one of those adjectives with that B.S. press release.
Do not tell me for a year that help is coming; that new production and new graders are coming to help alleviate the backlog and TAT (their words) and then turn around and dump the standard tier submitters who went from X days to 244 days. That just pisses me off and does not line up with the press release unless one wants to spin it

what confuses me is the TATS were i think before the new prices was about say 126 days for moderns. then right after the whole new tiers and prices it jumped up to well over 200 days.

it seems odd
Post 517 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
what confuses me is the TATS were i think before the new prices was about say 126 days for moderns. then right after the whole new tiers and prices it jumped up to well over 200 days.

it seems odd

They probably moved their resources into the Guaranteed tiers; thus subtracting from their standard tiers.

In the end, I don't care why.
I don't care about excuses.

I care about matching up what a company says vs. what they do.
Post 518 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:

it seems odd

I think they did that because they knew that most of the new submissions would be of the express variety that they have now guaranteed - so all their resources would be in processing those and any non-express would now have to wait longer
Post 519 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
@Nearmint67 need that planet of the apes one!

lol... yeah those things are very hard to find in this grade.
Another title I have been working on is The Human Torch (1974 series 1-8)
I have (2, 5 & 7) in 9.4, but getting the other issues in that grade has been next to impossible.
The 70's books are tough in high grade, but I will keep on looking.
Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
So for TATs. Is the listed TAT for books submitted today, or does it supposedly apply to books summitted in the past as well? So the TAT at the time of submission is totally out the window?
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Do they really or are their posted times inaccurate as well?

I can't say for sure. I despise CGC for many reasons long before TATs were absurd so I'm sure it's still a sh*t show over there too. But just going off of other posts and videos I've seen recently it seems like it's slightly less of a sh*t show.

quote=GAC]
It's more like an auto mechanic shop. You bring in your vehicle to be Safetied because you plan on selling it. Now, in the time you've brought your car in for a Safety, there has been a worldwide pandemic causing issues to virtually all supply lines. This supply issue has also impacted the supply of brand new vehicles causing a surge in price for used vehicles. This surge in price of used vehicles has created a sellers market causing a massive influx of people selling their used cars. In order to sell your car you must have it Safetied by a qualified mechanic. In comparison to the influx of vehicles needing to be Safetied there is now a shortage of qualified mechanics....compound that with the fact that in order to pass a Safety (to make it legal and desirable for you to sell to sell) you need parts....but guess what? Supply issues on the parts you need.....causing a massive backlog Safetied vehicles and parts needed etc.. Now the customers who own Ferraris and Lambos are getting preferential service because, well, this is a money driven economy and industry and they paid for preferential services.

An auto shop also works. Any service based business that provides you an expectation for a service is a valid comparison imo. But all of those things DID happen and the auto repair industry isn't in total chaos. How do I know that? Because if it were, and people were waiting weeks or months to get an oil change while lambos owners were getting preferential treatment, there would be nation wide outrage.

Quote:

@Supertom - So once again, you are perverting an analogy to make it fit your narrative. Bottom line, the comics grading industry has worked within a specific business model. You may not like the model, but to continue to denigrate CBCS for the industry model in a near worst case scenario of the past two years is simply inane.

And here you go, once again "perverting" my comment, denigrating me, to bolster your narrative that "everything is going to be fine". I have not been "denigrating" CBCS. I've not unfairly attacked, belittled or wished ill will on the individuals or the company as a whole. It is a fact that TATs are absurdly behind, CS is objectively bad, and it is a fact that we were not given the proper information up front. Just because this model has been in place for a decade doesn't mean it still works and just because I'm voicing my opinion on these flaws does not equate denigration.

Quote:
Hammering them for the CS issues was justified, but to a point as there is evidence that they have been addressing such issues and are righting that ship.

What evidence? I object your honor. Them saying they're going to make it better is not evidence.

Quote:
I am right there with others regarding the technical issues on the April update/rollout. However, pissing and moaning because they rolled out a super premium group of express tiers for those who are willing the pay for that costly service and guarantee, is short sighted at best. Why short sighted? These companies make their profit on the higher dollar submissions. The lower cost submissions are not the margin providers to make them going concerns. In the long run, if the Guaranteed tiers is successful, and other companies see a bleed out of their high dollar submissions, then there may be some one upmanship that develops and eventually, one may see a broadening of the Guarantees to even the lower tiers. That would end up being the very change that so many are grousing about now. Does is solve your grievance now? No. We are where we are. Don't like it, don't submit. Go troll elsewhere, I am done with you.

I was neither "pissing" or "moaning". It was the first time I saw the new TATs and pricing so I was simply pointing out the absurdity of it. The fact that I can pay around double and get service 16x faster AND further delay my OWN submission, is ludicrous. Call me a troll all you want. You "denigrated" me 6 months ago when I guessed TATs were 36 weeks, and here we are 40+ weeks later. I obviously will not be sending them any more books any time soon but until I get my current submission back, I will continue to point out my dissatisfaction and absurdities as I damn well please. Just as you will continue to defend their decisions, make excuses for why all of this is fine, and that we, the customers are the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
TAT for comic grading isn't a guarantee (barring certain past promotions and current tier offerings). You're buying a service, and it will be provided. Perhaps not as soon as any of us would like, but it will be.

You're right, it's not a guarantee. We all know that going in. But they do set an expectation. Saying "not as soon as any of us would like" is grossly downplaying our current situation. That's like saying the price of gas is "a little higher than any of us would like", or the value of a 9.8 is "a tad bit higher than a 9.6".
Post 522 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

100% agree. This is the root of it all. No one here would be complaining, or whining, or "pissing and moaning", if we were given some semblance of accurate information. All the updates and assurances we've gotten over the last year were just crapped on with this new announcement. It's curious how @scifinator will jump down my throat for pointing this out, but you've been saying this for months now and nobody responds. I guess your 11k forum rating gets you a free "troll" pass.
Post 523 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
So for TATs. Is the listed TAT for books submitted today, or does it supposedly apply to books summitted in the past as well? So the TAT at the time of submission is totally out the window?

near as I can tell TATs mean nothing? If they were for the time of submission then the books I sent in March, April and May of 2021 would already be done

The only TATs that mean anything now are the express tiers where they have guaranteed those times or your money back.....my guess is though that you won't get your money back.....instead they will give you a credit for the value against a future order...where they also won't honor the TATs....

I would also watch out for the guaranteed TATs - if you go that route somehow make a record of the stated TAT when submitted - as more submissions go that route inevitably they won't be able to make the times and will extend the TATs for guaranteed tiers too.....just a feeling based on how things have been operating as of late....
Post 524 IP   flag post
Oh....and the credit will be a hand written piece of paper for you to misplace rather than an actual credit to your account...cause they is good with them thar technologies
Post 525 IP   flag post
what is alarming the orders i sent in say in january
am i going to even get them back this year
i was hoping for 6 months like it said or close to that TATS

i fully understand TATS might change with new orders.
but i think they have to access how long old orders are sitting inside the place.

to me its crazy not to get back a order say from this january of this year in the same year
Post 526 IP   flag post
TAT UPDATE
Received email today from CBCS;
Submission 21-2D056C3-MD complete and ready for shipping.
Received 8.12.21. That's 253 days to today.
If it ships out Monday, I will have it Thursday or Friday next week.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper

@Zipper - In theory, it is supposed to be a current estimate as of today, for both comics that were already submitted, and to a degree, for the non-guaranteed comics that are newly submitted. BUT, especially, for the new submitted, that will always be fluid as CBCS can only use historical norms for flows. And, therein lies most frustration as the historical norms of incoming comics has been getting blown out of the water for 2 years now.

Now, add on the TAT estimates are contrarily listed for the non-guaranteed tiers on the Main page and the Membership page, plus several people (including my own submissions) reporting recent movement that is much faster than what is posted on the main page and similar to the estimates on the Membership page. Further, some reports are that CBCS employees are stating that the estimate on the Main page is correct and that the Membership page is wrong.

So, that leads me to surmise, that 1) CBCS is thinking that there will be a large bump for non-guaranteed TAT's in the coming weeks/months, 2) that there may have been another massive record breaking onslaught of lower tier submissions in Feb/March and early April to get ahead of the price increase, thus affecting recent and future submissions while not affecting pre-March submissions, 3) CBCS is setting an expectation barrier for future non-guaranteed submission by listing an astronomical TAT that would thus have current submitters surprised to be getting back submissions earlier and potentially drive current low tier submitters to either the guaranteed tiers or to just hold off / submit elsewhere.

I suspect that #2 is the most likely or prominent scenario at work here. So, @Zipper if you have a submission that was at CBCS prior to Feb/March, my guess is you will probably receive soon than the Main page TAT. If you are looking to submit now, unless using one of the guaranteed TAT tiers, you are going to be in for a long wait.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This is completely unrelated to any current discussions.
I was just reading comments about TATs, and it made me think of the possible number of customers for both companies who are holding back their submissions until TATs are "under control," and that made me think that if it ever happens, there will likely be another surge of submissions that bottleneck everything.

That said, I don't see them ever being under control to the point where people are satisfied- Not without the hobby crashing a bit, anyway. If the companies staffed and equipped themselves to make dream-come-true TATs, people will dance in the streets (except for the ones complaining about the soaring fees required to make those dreams come true), but eventually the day will come when they have too many people, too many machines, and too many square feet, and it would cost a lot of money to keep them around in case things pick up again, and you know where that money will come from.

Think of it like a grocery store's checkout lines. It's a pain when you and your half-full cart (high-grade Bronze) are behind three people with stuffed carts, one of them being 90 years old with a checkbook (equivalent to a huge submission of midgrade Bronze), but the store only has 10 similarlly filled checkout stands. Can the store make it so there are 50 more cashiers and registers so no one has to wait? Sure they can, but they never will.

Clearly the ebb and flow of a store and comic grading companies are different, but the same business sense has to be used. They can add some more to help improve the time, but there's just no way to make it so everyone is happy, The hobby is just too crazy right now, but it really hasn't been this crazy long enough to think it's forever.
IMO
Post 529 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This thread should be retitled, Turnaround time and anal OG's.
I mean analogies.
Post 530 IP   flag post
601333 999 30