Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
This is only helpful for new submissions because they're supposed to honor the stated TAT when your books arrived, not what's currently on the website.

@Supertom - That is a misstatement. One's estimated TAT does indeed start (get calculated) from the time it is delivered to CBCS in Dallas or on the Wednesday after it is dropped of to CBCS at a convention. The actual TAT is subject to change after delivery and has not been a fixed point except on those past/few occasions where CBCS was running a Guarantee TAT special promo. Especially and most often with the lower paid tiers.

I was led to believe otherwise by an email from Darryl and customer service last fall. If I remember right, Steve even chimed in here to confirm that expectation, but I guess I misunderstood. If they can just change the TAT for books that have already arrived, I don't know why they even bother with TATs at all. The stated TAT is neither accurate for new submission or submissions that are currently in the system? Another reason why they should just do away with TATs for the lower tiers all together. Just replace the estimate with one of those shrugging emojis surround by question marks, followed by the crying laughing emoji.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
For everyone that's super frustrated and unwilling to wait I hear the turn times at PGX aren't nearly as bad.

It's easy to just pick on the "complainers" as we've been deemed, for being "impatient" and "entitled". But as it's been said many times, the long wait is not the core issue. It's waiting twice as long as what was advertised when they took our money.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector rubberchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
For everyone that's super frustrated and unwilling to wait I hear the turn times at PGX aren't nearly as bad.

It's easy to just pick on the "complainers" as we've been deemed, for being "impatient" and "entitled". But as it's been said many times, the long wait is not the core issue. It's waiting twice as long as what was advertised when they took our money.

AND the lack of communication that our submissions will take longer or where our submissions are in the process. Based on the most recent update to the "Pressing Update" thread, which was over 2 months ago, I would have guesstimated that my books would be pressed by now. But they aren't and I have no idea when they will be.

I've already reached/crossed the stated TAT for both pressing and grading at the time of my submission and I haven't even received 1 of the services yet.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
My books from the fall Bob Layton signing are now in labels (did not get pressing). Good news to everyone who sent in books for that signing (without pressing), they should be in labels now or very very soon.

bad news is that labels is a black hole - I've had an order there since before christmas!!!
Post 304 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
.... AND let's not forget the resolution to the lengthy TAT:

The advent of the Express Guaranteed TAT!
This will thoroughly resolve the existing TAT issue. The email blast said so.
Post 305 IP   flag post

Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
My books from the fall Bob Layton signing are now in labels (did not get pressing). Good news to everyone who sent in books for that signing (without pressing), they should be in labels now or very very soon.

bad news is that labels is a black hole - I've had an order there since before christmas!!!

Shhhh... don't kill my hope that my books are moving thru the queue.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If I remember right, Steve even chimed in here to confirm that expectation, but I guess I misunderstood. If they can just change the TAT for books that have already arrived, I don't know why they even bother with TATs at all. The stated TAT is neither accurate for new submission or submissions that are currently in the system?

@Supertom - He did and confirmed that the estimated TAT's start, as I have said, when it is delivered to CBCS in Dallas or on the Wednesday after it is dropped of to CBCS at a convention. Judging from what has been getting posted of late, the higher tier estimated TAT's seem to be pretty accurate. And not sure if you have seen my recent post on the Press TAT side, but we might just see that drop on the lower tiers as now my 3rd June 8th delivered low tier, no Fast anything, press submission is in grading. Full disclosure, I do have another 200'ish behind those delivered at the same time so 41wk press will not likely apply to all or most, but looking like quite a few will be under the current 71wk estimated press TAT. Maybe the pinnacle has been reached. We'll see.

EDIT: And just like that, 1 of my 3 that went to "Grading" from "Pressing" yesterday has now gone to the "labels" sub-catagory of "Grading".
Post 307 IP   flag post
Quote:
Maybe the pinnacle has been reached. We'll see.

Dear lord I hope so.

My Aug submission has also made its way to "labels" (at least according to the Invoice PDF). I wish that brought me some comfort. I have one book that was a prescreen 8.0 and it's still showing a $0.00 charge. So it's in this comic paradox. If it's in "labels", you'd assume that it made the grade, but if it made the grade then they should have charged me. So it's neither slabbed or unslabbed at this moment in time.
Post 308 IP   flag post
Collector 1976jfperez private msg quote post Address this user
my sub 21-2E12ECB has been in "Processing" since 08/17/21. Customer Service is a joke, this sucks...
Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976jfperez
my sub 21-2E12ECB has been in "Processing" since 08/17/21. Customer Service is a joke, this sucks...

You are probably looking at one more month based on what is coming back now.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector webslingerbost private msg quote post Address this user
So far, I am highly impressed. So much better than my last experience with the OTHER competitor.

(3) separate invoices: (7) 2-Day Moderns, (8) Quickstream, (1) Rapid

Submitted at local con on 03.27.22
Received at CBCS on 04.04.22
All Moved to Grading on 04.05.22
2D Moderns moved to encapsulation on 04.06.22
2D Moderns moved to shipping on 04.06.22

Hoping to have everything back in the pc before end of April.
Post 311 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My Aug 12 received submission has been in Grading for almost a month now.
Customer Service says it's in Heat Seal. That was 10 days ago. So your books may say processing, but are most likely in grading as well.

I have a Sept. 7th received submission that show received, but customer service says its in pre-grade. That was 10 days ago. So those books should be in grading soon.

Best thing to do is "don't worry, be happy" and send in more books.....
Post 312 IP   flag post
Collector tylerindo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

My Aug 12 received submission has been in Grading for almost a month now.
Customer Service says it's in Heat Seal. That was 10 days ago. So your books may say processing, but are most likely in grading as well.

I have a Sept. 7th received submission that show received, but customer service says its in pre-grade. That was 10 days ago. So those books should be in grading soon.

Best thing to do is "don't worry, be happy" and send in more books.....

Do you get paid per word to shill for cbcs? Why would we send in any more books to this company? CGC gets me books in 4 months, and they communicate with customers. CBCS does none of that.
Post 313 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
My final Quickstream (because they don't call it that anymore) was received at CBCS 3/21, entered 3/22, went to grading 4/5, and is now at production on 4/7. I expect to have them in hand next week or the following, for a three to four week turn time.

The next equivalent set goes out next weekend, and will be at the Vintage Express tier. Stay tuned.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector webslingerbost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by webslingerbost
So far, I am highly impressed. So much better than my last experience with the OTHER competitor.

(3) separate invoices: (7) 2-Day Moderns, (8) Quickstream, (1) Rapid

Submitted at local con on 03.27.22
Received at CBCS on 04.04.22
All Moved to Grading on 04.05.22
2D Moderns moved to encapsulation on 04.06.22
2D Moderns moved to shipping on 04.06.22

Hoping to have everything back in the pc before end of April.

Update: (7) 2DMs and (1) Rapid have shipped 04.07.22, (8) QS in grading
Post 315 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My "Expanded" and "Consumer" submissions from August 2021 are now at or past "Grading", after which they'll languish for months at "Labels" (the doom of the lower tiers). The same orders from September 2021 are still simply received. I'm expecting 40 weeks TAT.
Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector 2021NAI private msg quote post Address this user
May 17,2021 this submission was entered into the system. #21-1B89D64. For some reason I can't get any answers. My third post on here asking if I could get a response please. @stevericketts or anyone else. Almost at a year now. Expensive books and would love a response. Thanks
Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe the pinnacle has been reached. We'll see.

Dear lord I hope so.

My Aug submission has also made its way to "labels" (at least according to the Invoice PDF). I wish that brought me some comfort. I have one book that was a prescreen 8.0 and it's still showing a $0.00 charge. So it's in this comic paradox. If it's in "labels", you'd assume that it made the grade, but if it made the grade then they should have charged me. So it's neither slabbed or unslabbed at this moment in time.

I hope so...my 2 submissions (10 comics total) from Sept and Oct are still in Processing...one was supposed to be a gift in March for my brother. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll have them by March of 2023.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector Majikmarkerz private msg quote post Address this user
05.04.2021 - My 9 books were received by CBCS (VSP Modern)

06.16.2021 - received email back from customer service they have been pressed

11.24.2021 - email to customer service asking status

12.28.2021 - received email response they are in grading room

02.15.2022 - PDF invoice shows "Labels" for first time

03.28.2022 - email to customer service asking status

04.04.2022 - email to customer service asking status..again

04.07.2022 - still no response to my emails asking where the books are, pdf still shows "Labels"

I will repost when the books finish the process. This was the first and only batch of books I have sent to CBCS.

Since 05.01.2021 - I have sent 301 comic books, 1 magazine standard, 4 magazine moderns to CGC AFTER I sent these these books CBCS and received back 251 of those books, and the magazine standard to date. I sent the comic books to CGC in various batches of modern, and economy; no special fast tracking or anything outside of 1 book that was a walkthrough. 3 of the books I sent to CGC had to be returned due to mechanical error of the label not listing the Canadian Price variant.

I would like to send more books to CBCS, however with the extremely long wait times and lack of customer service response, I'm having a hard time justifying CBCS over CGC at this time.
Post 319 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the Bob Layton signings are starting to get shipped out, mine were shipped today. What I wasn't expecting was the grades especially since I forgot to add pressing. This sure made my week and I doubt I'll stop smiling all weekend!!! I'll post pictures in the applicable thread when they get here.

I never thought I'd ever own a 9.9, especially an autographed one!!!
Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector rubberchicken private msg quote post Address this user
I have to give credit where it is due. I've been expressing my frustration on these boards. Once I received a response from customer service, they took care of my situation above what I could have hoped for.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Collector EmpTTy1 private msg quote post Address this user
I so wish that us on the Canadian side of the line were able to have "fast pass" ect. I understand that there are longer waits and would gladly pay to speed things up but come on....

Jun 4, 2021 21-1F1CF15 Processing 5 CA$ 164.00

(called in Feb and talked to an actual person, they said status will be updated in a few days. Called last week, left message, no reply, emailed and got auto response..)

EDIT: just for a plain grade and go, no press, no verified sig
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector AKilgour private msg quote post Address this user
Frustrated. CBCS can keep my money, I just want my books back raw so I can send them to a legitimate company where the inconsistencies and discrepancies from person to person don’t differ nearly as much.

When I dropped my books off at a con in July of last year, the TAT was 26 weeks. It’s now exceeded the CURRENT TAT… 36 weeks I’m at right now. 10 e-mails. No response. This is disgusting. In grading for 5 weeks.

I don’t need any CBCS shill responding to this. Posting to vent and hopefully get a response back this way, but I doubt it. Worst customer service from any company I’ve ever interacted with.
Post 323 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@AKilgour - i hear that you are frustrated and did a quick recheck of your posts and kinda scratching my head about your
CBCS Shill comment. Looking at hour posts, the members who have responded to you have done so in an honest, respectful and helpful manner. Even a CBCS employee has responded to you. A quick peak at this thread alone and one would see that people have been receiving back slow tier comics from june for the past few weeks. Your submission was dropped off the last week of July and, as you yourself stated, already reflects as in grading for several weeks. My guess is that you will receive your submission back this month. If you haven’t done so already, you may want to click the Invoice. Sometimes, you can see where in the grading process you are at.

Cheers to you and hope you fet your submission back soon.
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Had a submission sent in in February. Feb 23rd was order date so I'd guess they got it right around the end of the month.

It was a Rapid tier with a VSP and a press screen. It got shipped out today.

**edit, I could swear I actually sent it in a something like a quickstream? But, they called it rapid, not sure what the differences were.
Post 325 IP   flag post
Collector Dwill73 private msg quote post Address this user
I know this has been posted, but the search function isnt the greatest. What's average time that books stay in labels? Mine have been in that status for about 2.5 - 3 months already. Mix of about 3 bronze age, 3 Sig verify's and the modern books. Submitted back in July 2021
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Edgar_albarez private msg quote post Address this user
So I just sent in my first two power rangers signed books exactly 1 month to the day can anyone give me a small clue as to when it will be out of bill and into the next step 😭
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector AKilgour private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator - Not referring to the people that responded to me way back when. Referring to the responses to the other people in this thread over the last few weeks when they bring up any type of concern. It’s not disputable that CGC handled the turnaround times better the last year and a half than CBCS did, yet people still feel the need to defend this company.

It doesn’t matter at what part of the grading process the books are in. They’re all black holes. There’s people in here that have been in labels for over a month. Absolutely crazy.
Post 328 IP   flag post
@Dwill73 - it all over the place. Could be a matter of minutes (which would actually mean that it was in label for quite some time and the dashboard wasn’t updated) or it can be there for a minth or two as the whole labels/heatseal/encasements/qc has a hefty backup but may be getting better.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKilgour
@Scifinator - Not referring to the people that responded to me way back when. Referring to the responses to the other people in this thread over the last few weeks when they bring up any type of concern. It’s not disputable that CGC handled the turnaround times better the last year and a half than CBCS did, yet people still feel the need to defend this company.

It doesn’t matter at what part of the grading process the books are in. They’re all black holes. There’s people in here that have been in labels for over a month. Absolutely crazy.
@AKilgour the labels subsection of grading isn’t a black hole, but yes, it too is hugely backlogged. Like I mentioned before, my guess is you’ll see your submission back soon.
Post 330 IP   flag post
601465 999 30