Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Fizbit Typically grades are available once the books have left the facility and you have been issued a tracking number for your order.

I’m not sure if “Ship To Canada” means the books have left the facility and are en route or if it means they’re waiting to accumulate enough books to ship back, or if it’s a blanket status for both.

Also, Canada orders seem to have a tendency to miss the last status update that makes the grades available, requiring an email/call so they can make that quick status change

Yeah the books I got back 2 weeks ago are still showing as ShiptoCanada in the dashboard and there are no grades. This seems to be common with the ShiptoCanada status.

yeah..takes a bit for Canada - I think the CBCS Canada has to have confirmation they were delivered then they inform CBCS Dallas and then things get released!
If they aren't updated in another 2 weeks then the e-mails/calls to customer service or IM a board moderator for help kicks in!
Post 276 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to send some books off to CBCS or CGC to get graded but the TAT is killing me. I know the reality is that graded books get more and sometimes insanely more money than raw books.
I also know the fast pass, fast press, and other fast stuff but that all ads up in the end.

I sent in a test run at another place and got books back in about 6 weeks. I know I won't get TOP dollar but still more than raw and enough to justify the cost spent to get them graded.

I just need the money pretty quick and can't wait 1 - 2 years unfortunately

Hopefully they will get a handle on the TAT soon.....
Post 277 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania
Most collectors have several thousand books, and usually send in 20 - 30 books at a time for grading once every few months. Some more frequently than others. Point is you can't get them all graded within a year or two or even five years. Which means you are either selling them raw, or they are sitting in a box in your back rom somewhere. So, send in what you can afford to get graded, sit back and relax. You will get them back in 8-12 months (we hope lol...) Meanwhile, sell some of your other books raw for fast cash.
Either way, enjoy the hobby...ABS....Always Be Submitting!!!!
Post 278 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania I don’t have any urgency to sell but my submissions have dropped significantly. In the near future I only see myself submitting commissioned art so I’m down from several dozen books a year to probably less than ten a year going forward.

Clearly they won’t be missing my business
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector naftixe private msg quote post Address this user
Come on July 2021….
Post 280 IP   flag post

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Neither company is on my happy list since that CBCS email announcement.

I'm not sending anything in until (and if; and when) I calm down.

That "happy" announcement really sent me over the edge and I am still falling and trying to hold back the fury
Post 281 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111

The way I see it, you have no real choices. You either do business with cbcs or cgc. Or you go raw.

If you wait you are only prolonging the wait time. The lines I don't see ever getting shorter. And if they do, it benefits to have your books in the system already.

Yeah, there's lots to be mad about but at the end of the day they aren't your friends. They are a business trying to make money. I don't take it personally because they don't know me enough to make it so. I send my books in and wait like a good little soldier and pray for the best. That's all you really can do unless you want to play with raw books. For me that's not an option.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Yeah, there's lots to be mad about but at the end of the day they aren't your friends. They are a business trying to make money. I don't take it personally because they don't know me enough to make it so. I send my books in and wait like a good little soldier and pray for the best. That's all you really can do unless you want to play with raw books. For me that's not an option.

Words to live by; and good reminder
Post 283 IP   flag post
@Bronte I don’t need grading to enjoy the hobby, clearly that’s a different situation if your livelihood comes from selling, but I’m happy to wait until turnaround times are reasonable, should that ever happen
Post 284 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

Everyone has their priorities and what may be right for you may not be right for me.

You seem content with staying out of the game of slabbing while you hope for a better tomorrow. That's perfect. I wish we all had that kind of zen. Personally my personal collection is already slabbed, so I am not hurting as much as others. But grading would help me sell some spec books, so I do have some vested interest in the game. I feel for those whose livihoods depend on the slabs. But at the end, getting mad is going to be an emotion that bears no benefit. You can complain and threaten to go elsewhere but realistically where are you going to go? EGS? PGX?
Post 285 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal_max

That's the messed up thing about monopolies - they can do whatever they want and if you want to use them you're forced to deal with their policies instead of being able to drop them and go elsewhere.
I absolutely hate it and it enrages me more often than not.

If ten more grading companies popped up, the big two would still be where practically everyone would go, for years, before the others are established as trustworthy.
Post 286 IP   flag post
I do hope for the day that the industry has more real options.
Because these big two are frustrating the heck out of everyone.

As I've said before, I would not tolerate this in any other walk of my life.
In this quasi-monopoly, I have no choice. Deal with it or dont deal with it.
Not a good place to be as a consumer
Post 287 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
For everyone that's super frustrated and unwilling to wait I hear the turn times at PGX aren't nearly as bad.
Post 288 IP   flag post
PGX is not happening for me.
My graded comics are investments; and PGX books sell for around the cost of raw. Not worth my time or $
Post 289 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam
If ten more grading companies popped up, the big two would still be where practically everyone would go, for years, before the others are established as trustworthy.

I personally don’t care where practically everyone would go. If ten more companies magically popped up and one or two had some rather trustworthy credentials then I might consider submitting to them. It’s how I started submitting to CBCS when they first opened and people thought CGC would always be the only big guy on the block.
Post 290 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam

Unless we can get our hippy friend Steve-O to start his 3rd grading company????
He started CGC & CBCS, why not start another. Steve is the man....Hippies R Us...
Post 291 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
I have an idea, with our submission we send a sealed envelope with what our guess the grade will be. After it’s graded, they check to see what we guessed, and if we are spot on, some sort of discount or free fast pass on next book, idk. Just throwing out an idea.
Post 292 IP   flag post
Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
My books from last August (dropped off in person at Planet Comiccon in KC) are starting to move thru the queue. Just noticed the update today. Not watching the status daily seems to have worked!
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
My two orders from Mid July 2021 have shipped and my two orders from the end of July 2021 are still in labels. Just to give you an idea of where they may be. All orders are Modern, no press or fast pass.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
My books from the fall Bob Layton signing are now in labels (did not get pressing). Good news to everyone who sent in books for that signing (without pressing), they should be in labels now or very very soon.
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector tylerindo private msg quote post Address this user
My books have been there since September 2021. I'm no math genius, but that's like 7 months. My cgc submissions took 4. Where are my books?
Post 296 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you expecting your orders soon or if they are currently in transit to you, inspect your cases closely when you get them. https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/17227/page/1/scuffed-cbcs-cases-or-something-else/
Post 297 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Everyone has their priorities and what may be right for you may not be right for me.
Thanks. Now I've got the Diff'rent Strokes theme song stuck in my head.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Glad I could be of service.
(Thank goodness I have no clue what your talking about Willis.....)
Post 299 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
For everyone that's super frustrated and unwilling to wait I hear the turn times at PGX aren't nearly as bad.

Not sure everyone picked up on the humor. But I liked it.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
This is only helpful for new submissions because they're supposed to honor the stated TAT when your books arrived, not what's currently on the website.

@Supertom - That is a misstatement. One's estimated TAT does indeed start (get calculated) from the time it is delivered to CBCS in Dallas or on the Wednesday after it is dropped of to CBCS at a convention. The actual TAT is subject to change after delivery and has not been a fixed point except on those past/few occasions where CBCS was running a Guarantee TAT special promo. Especially and most often with the lower paid tiers.

I was led to believe otherwise by an email from Darryl and customer service last fall. If I remember right, Steve even chimed in here to confirm that expectation, but I guess I misunderstood. If they can just change the TAT for books that have already arrived, I don't know why they even bother with TATs at all. The stated TAT is neither accurate for new submission or submissions that are currently in the system? Another reason why they should just do away with TATs for the lower tiers all together. Just replace the estimate with one of those shrugging emojis surround by question marks, followed by the crying laughing emoji.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It's easy to just pick on the "complainers" as we've been deemed, for being "impatient" and "entitled". But as it's been said many times, the long wait is not the core issue. It's waiting twice as long as what was advertised when they took our money.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector rubberchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:

It's easy to just pick on the "complainers" as we've been deemed, for being "impatient" and "entitled". But as it's been said many times, the long wait is not the core issue. It's waiting twice as long as what was advertised when they took our money.

AND the lack of communication that our submissions will take longer or where our submissions are in the process. Based on the most recent update to the "Pressing Update" thread, which was over 2 months ago, I would have guesstimated that my books would be pressed by now. But they aren't and I have no idea when they will be.

I've already reached/crossed the stated TAT for both pressing and grading at the time of my submission and I haven't even received 1 of the services yet.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
My books from the fall Bob Layton signing are now in labels (did not get pressing). Good news to everyone who sent in books for that signing (without pressing), they should be in labels now or very very soon.

bad news is that labels is a black hole - I've had an order there since before christmas!!!
Post 304 IP   flag post
.... AND let's not forget the resolution to the lengthy TAT:

The advent of the Express Guaranteed TAT!
This will thoroughly resolve the existing TAT issue. The email blast said so.
Post 305 IP   flag post
598060 999 30