Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
July 8 2021 submission - 6 modern - no options.
Dashboard just jumped from grading/labels to shipping/ShipToCanada.

Bottom line... ignore the dashboard.

So maybe there is hope...
Post 226 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
There's as much hope as finding a Unicorn grazing in my backyard while the Easter Bunny watches.
Post 227 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
There's as much hope as finding a Unicorn grazing in my backyard while the Easter Bunny watches.

Post 228 IP   flag post
@GAC There's a chance Harry
Post 229 IP   flag post
Just got the email:

Your XXXXXXXXXXXX is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Received Mid July 2021, grading only submission.
Post 230 IP   flag post

Quote:

Easter Bunny sounds kinda kinky.
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
Just got the email:

Your XXXXXXXXXXXX is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

just curious to what your dashboard status is? labels? or heat seal?
Post 232 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow
Quote:
Just got the email:

Still says Processing...Grading...Labels on all my orders. Right now I have 4 orders.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow
Quote:
Just got the email:

I just got that same note and I've been on heatseal for a least a month. My comics were received in June 29, 2021. I'm expecting another 2-4 weeks before I see these comics.

BTW the dashboard always says processing, I need to look at the actual invoice to see where my comics are actually.
Post 234 IP   flag post
In January, it was 3 days from when I got the going in a case email and when I got the they are shipped email. Hope it is the same.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a press and grade Modern order from late April at CBCS today. Just to give folks an idea where they may be in the process.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
Got the same email as well for my May submission which included VSP and prescreen pressing. Email came after I noticed the status had changed to Grading/Label last week.

Checked today and the status was now Billing. See that the prescreen press became an actual pressing. The Billing button was clickable to charge my credit card with the pressing.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
Mid-July Modern no-press just shipped. I checked the grades and am very happy with the consistent grading compared to my last CGC order which was all over the place. I keep getting 9.6-9.8 books back from cgc as 9.0-9.2. The CBCS grades are exactly where I predicted. CBCS will be getting more of my business. Hopefully TA times will improve.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal_max
Mid-July Modern no-press just shipped. I checked the grades and am very happy with the consistent grading compared to my last CGC order which was all over the place. I keep getting 9.6-9.8 books back from cgc as 9.0-9.2. The CBCS grades are exactly where I predicted. CBCS will be getting more of my business. Hopefully TA times will improve.

how many books did you submit as I have books from June same situation no press
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
Finally, got the shipped email! My May order is done, 6 modern books, VSP, Pressing. Happy with what I see for grades. Hope others get their books soon. I will post pics in other topic when I physically get them.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
My invoice has said Grading for about a month. Finally got the email that they were in the grading room and would be graded soon. August 1 submission at a convention with signatures and no pressing. I am guessing that I have about another month before they show up. Have been on the edge of my seat since Aug. LOL
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal_max

how many books did you submit as I have books from June same situation no press

20 books, but I also forgot 2 of them were not modern.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Collector Dwill73 private msg quote post Address this user
Week 37 with no press and 1 sig verification. SMDH
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
3 questions:

What is the realistic TAT for just a modern submission with a press/clean?
What is the TAT for 2-day Modern?
And...what is fast pass?
Post 244 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The listed TAT is

https://www.cbcscomics.com/estimated-turnaround-times

No idea how accurate it is

Fast pass cuts wait time in half
Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
I would say without the 2 day modern, probably close to a year. It took me 8 months to get an email saying my stuff has been sent to QA (which is usually really quick). No press/no clean.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Gustafson26 I'd suggest you wait until next week to get a better judge of things. Submission tiers are being changed.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys. I will wait for the submission tier change and go from there. Looks like the TATs bronte gave me a link to aren't very accurate at this point. I hate to leave my books in the unknown for that long but I guess I don't really have a choice if I want to submit stuff lol
Post 248 IP   flag post
Collector chrispcola private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted three comics for signature verification and received by CBCS 3/14 and charged 3/16. I used my 2-day credits on them. Verification was completed on 3/24 (one failed and I had them go to grading only if verified). Grading was completed for the two verified and got my email yesterday that my comics are on the way. I realize I used 2-day and only had a couple of books, which expedited it. But I am excited to get back my first submission for grading/slabbing.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector david75090 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a fairly large collection of silver and bronze age comics that I thought I'd get graded. I made my submissions in June of last year. Got some of them back, but still have 70something comics in their system. Going on 10 months. Their dashboard appears to be frozen. The order that was ready for pickup, that I picked up, is still showing that it's ready for pickup. I'm pretty much soured on the whole process. I doubt I'll ever submit another comic. On the plus-side, those I did get back look really good in their capsules.
Post 250 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
They didn't specifically say the TATs would be garauanteed, they said they were adding guarantees... could mean grade, authentication, etc.
If there were referring to TATs I would imagine it wouldn't apply to modern basic subs.
The prices will go up again, I read "limited price increases" means there's one coming, but hey... it will be "limited", and it will mean more quick tier submissions.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
Question:
How long (or at what stage in the process) until the grades are visible on the dashboard?
I'm in shipping on the dash, shipToCanada on the invoice. (unless that is also inaccurate) but no assigned grades yet. (I get it that updating that part of the dashboard is last in the priority list)
Post 252 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit Typically grades are available once the books have left the facility and you have been issued a tracking number for your order.

I’m not sure if “Ship To Canada” means the books have left the facility and are en route or if it means they’re waiting to accumulate enough books to ship back, or if it’s a blanket status for both.

Also, Canada orders seem to have a tendency to miss the last status update that makes the grades available, requiring an email/call so they can make that quick status change
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Correct - for Express only. Which means the other TAT kinda means nothing.
Which is what many of us have said and will probably continue to say.

Yep, this is great for people willing to pay up, but it's only going to exacerbate the current problems with their slow tiers. When this is launched, they should just eliminate the TATs all together if they can't honor them. Just put "subject to current backlog" and show what month's books they're currently processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945
That would be a good idea. They should send out mass email alerts about current TAT changes. This would probably alleviate the customer service issues a little bit.

This is only helpful for new submissions because they're supposed to honor the stated TAT when your books arrived, not what's currently on the website.
Post 254 IP   flag post
I am still trying to get my arms around where the bold lettering is going to be applied within CBCS. Is the doubling going to be applied to the Magazines and new Guaranteed Express services? Or is it also to address the current TATs for the shlubs who are told on the forums that they need to eat crow with their pathetic standard selections of 30+ week grade TATs & 70+ week Press times?

CBCS – A Bright FUTURE for Collectors
CBCS will continue to adapt and adopt to the industry needs. With the more than doubling of our grading and production teams, the unveiling of our Magazine service and guaranteed express turn times launching in 2022, there will be more exciting releases in the very near future. Stay tuned for more exciting news from CBCS – your partner in your collecting life and businesses!
Post 255 IP   flag post
601490 999 30