Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Alamo_City private msg quote post Address this user
My 6 Silver and Bronze age books have been at CBCS since August of 2021. Currently the status is Submitted.

I submitted for Fast Pass Pressing and Fast Pass Grading. Of course my credit card was charged back in August, 2021.

Can anyone tell me their turnaround time experience of similar submission and what I can expect to receive my books? Customer Service has been no help. Just boilerplate responses with no detail.

Thanks, all the best!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Turnaround Time 7.0
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a fast pass press/grade modern.... Still in submitted since 7/6/21
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Alamo_City private msg quote post Address this user
OMG!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
For the entire sordid story see the link to the Turnaround 7.0 thread above. Bring popcorn!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
My submission from May of last year just got shipped out. It was Modern tier, no press/fast pass. According to TATs as presented on the website, your submission should take a few weeks longer than mine due to pressing, even though you opted for fast pass. I'd say you still have a ways to go, but be patient even though I know that's tough. There's such a logjam for grading nowadays and every successful movie or entertaining teaser/trailer brings in a new wave of submissions. That's just the way it is.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
My submission from May of last year just got shipped out. It was Modern tier, no press/fast pass. According to TATs as presented on the website, your submission should take a few weeks longer than mine due to pressing, even though you opted for fast pass. I'd say you still have a ways to go, but be patient even though I know that's tough. There's such a logjam for grading nowadays and every successful movie or entertaining teaser/trailer brings in a new wave of submissions. That's just the way it is.
I don’t think you put it a better way

I have been meaning to put a sub together, but I’m leaning toward actually reading some of those books. Either I’m sure I’m a year plus to get them back.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing 2-year turnarounds for pressed books pretty soon. Pressing alone is estimated at 50 weeks and grading at 25. Assuming both are underestimates, I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2-year waits in the near future
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@HulkSmash I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing 2-year turnarounds for pressed books pretty soon. Pressing alone is estimated at 50 weeks and grading at 25. Assuming both are underestimates, I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2-year waits in the near future

Ouch. I'm hoping we get some new graders in to start cutting down on TATs before that happens.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
My small order of 4 books was received June 5, 2021.

Modern Press, grade, Verified signatures. I should have paid for fast pass. My bad.

Still no progress beyond “Received”.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Ouch. I'm hoping we get some new graders in to start cutting down on TATs before that happens.
a cut down in the nonsense speculation would help a lot, but good for CBCS for the job security.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
a cut down in the nonsense speculation would help a lot

Yes. It. Would. Can't say I haven't sent a few things in because I have multiples and it's hot now so sell ASAP, but I'm not talking about 30 books, I'm talking about 3, and it's always stuff that I was planning on getting graded anyway.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo_City
OMG!

Just FYI CGC’s pressing TAT is currently 13 months without fast pass and 9 months with fast pass. And then grading is up to 11 months added on.

Currently it insane
Post 13 IP   flag post
600916 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?