Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Press or no press?17014

Collector Pizzaroll private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

I'm new to the comic collecting world and would like some of y'all's input.

I got this 1st print copy of Batman Vengeance of Bane, but of course I made the noob mistake of not looking close enough to the pics.

There's a slight crease on the corner about 1.5" long, the book is a bit warped, and I only noticed the stains in the back after I got the copy.

Is this worth sending in and what grade do you think it falls under? Thanks all!

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't press it. I probably wouldn't grade it, either.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Comicskablooey private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent mine in, and its about a 7.5 to 8.0. I also had it pressed befor submitting, if you want it encapsulated then yes. I'll never sell mine so it was worth it to me. Press and clean everything you send in to maximize the grade.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
You could opt for a press screen. If they think it won't benefit from it then they won't press it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

What he said…. but I definitely wouldn’t grade it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Pandorasdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This.
If this book holds some sort of sentimental value to you and you are sure you want to have it graded, then you should always press and clean a book before grading. It won't do anything for that color break on the cover and that probably won't get a great grade regardless, but it's your decision.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Even with a press, that color break caused by the crease probably isn't going away. A press might diminish it some.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't care how good a book looks or doesn't look it never leaves my house with me pressing it first.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't press it or grade it, personally.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Pizzaroll private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the reply, I appreciate it!
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Before I spent money on grading and pressing the above copy, I would put that money toward the FN+ 6.5 for $89 or the CBCS 7.0 check mark SS Nolan copy for $115 at My Comic Shop.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Before I spent money on grading and pressing the above copy, I would put that money toward the FN+ 6.5 for $89 or the CBCS 7.0 check mark SS Nolan copy for $115 at My Comic Shop.

This is good
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaroll
Hey all,

I'm new to the comic collecting world and would like some of y'all's input.

I got this 1st print copy of Batman Vengeance of Bane, but of course I made the noob mistake of not looking close enough to the pics.

There's a slight crease on the corner about 1.5" long, the book is a bit warped, and I only noticed the stains in the back after I got the copy.

Is this worth sending in and what grade do you think it falls under? Thanks all!

It looks like a 6.0-6.5. ....a press would likely get you to a 7.0 maybe 7.5...corner crease is color breaking and pretty big....CGC and CBCS hammer books for stains which is the biggest problem with that book.

I wouldn't bother doing anything with it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
there are imperfections that a press wont fix. the bent corner, the stain, etc

a 6.0 has sold for $110. So could be worth it, but not as much. might be better to find a better copy to grade
Post 14 IP   flag post
598066 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?