Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just for fun! Movie prop16993

Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Thought I’d share this fun find, a local antique shop had a stack of comics under a table, while looking through them the owner goes “oh you won’t recognize any of those comics”, thinking he was just assuming I didn’t know my stuff I start paying more attention…sure enough he was right. So I asked what the deal was, I never even heard of the publishers.

Apparently they were from a movie set, fake covers attached to actual comics. They were all bagged and boarded too.

I had to pick one up. “Moon Dude” lol glued over top of Guardians of the Galaxy #7 (1990)

Cheers!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
thats cool. Id look to see what movie its from. get it graded. get it labled as "Guardians of the galaxy #7" with fake comic cover and used on "movie". if its a popular movie could be worth money
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@bythegram That is hilarious! Moon Dude looks like an awesomely silly book, too. What a shame it's not real!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
for all we know could be a brief shot of a character reading it.....in a movie no one has heard of of....or couldve been in one of the greatest movies of all time.

im googling and no results for anything about moon dude...except moon knight
Post 4 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting @bythegram! The only movie prop I ever considered picking up was a pool cue supposedly from 'The Hustler' - passed on it because it didn't appear to be authentic.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yeah I asked if the owner knew what movie it was from but unfortunately he didn’t.
Post 6 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I may have shown this once upon a time here, but if I did, it was ages ago. I bought this dirt cheap on ebay eons ago. It came from a prop house in California. All they could tell me was that it was probably used in a black and white movie and may have even been used repeatedly. However, there are no studio or inventory markings on it. Regardless, I absolutely had to have this!!!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@bythegram what is the name of the store? Is he online?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O it’s just an antique market in a small town nearby. I don’t think they have any sales online.

Orono Antique Market
(905) 983-1122
https://goo.gl/maps/XazNMgjNWxBNYCQ77
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O also that painting is awesome!
Post 10 IP   flag post
only thing close I have is a signed copy of the script of the "30 rock" pilot signed by Baldwin, Fey, Morgan, Krakowski and McBrayer.

got it at a silent auction chariety event for a kid who had cancer. the donator worked at the 30 rockafellar center and got the cast to sign it. Scott Adsit (another actor from it) has been at a convention I go to...hope he returns and have him sign it. Signatures do look legit (unless faker was really really good)

I also have a copy of the walking dead pilot script....signed by Andrew Lincoln. That does have a COA from San Diego Comic con
Post 11 IP   flag post
If anyone wants any movie prop comics, I’d be happy to go back and make him a bulk offer. Otherwise I think he has them all priced at $4 each (Canadian).
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
If anyone wants any movie prop comics, I’d be happy to go back and make him a bulk offer. Otherwise I think he has them all priced at $4 each (Canadian).

Id buy one from you if you do. if I can find what movie it is. Id get it graded or at least label it
Post 13 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Check this out... clickable text
Post 14 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
How many are there? And how much do you think it would be for the set?
Post 15 IP   flag post
bythegram Id check that site out. id try and and find out where its from. could increase the value
Post 16 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@OGJackster thanks!! I'll see what they say later this week. Monday is already a busy day for me.
Post 17 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@bythegram if you DO end up getting them, I'd be interested in a couple. It's the oddball stuff like that, that I REALLY love to collect!!

It'd go good with my drug store comic. 😁

Post 18 IP   flag post
@Bronte my memory isn’t what it used to be but I’d say there were at least 25 of them (all different I believe). It was my first time visiting that place so I don’t really have an idea of how firm their prices are, but these comics were tucked away, not something I think they care too much about.

I’ll try to go next weekend to grab a few more at very least. I knew there’d be some odd ball collectors here like me, lol
Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@bythegram

I'd be interested in a few of them if you wouldn't mind shipping to USA.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@bythegram

I'd be interested in a few of them if you wouldn't mind shipping to USA.

Same 👍🏻
Post 21 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I may have shown this once upon a time here, but if I did, it was ages ago. I bought this dirt cheap on ebay eons ago. It came from a prop house in California. All they could tell me was that it was probably used in a black and white movie and may have even been used repeatedly. However, there are no studio or inventory markings on it. Regardless, I absolutely had to have this!!!!

depending on the era; many props like this would have already existed 2nd hand and modified for its application. If you haven’t already and if you’re feeling especially curious you could remove the frame and look for an artist signature along the border of the front or back.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O The painting is AWESOME!
Post 23 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@HulkSmash I never thought of doing that!! It's in storage right now, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!!

@bythegram @Byrdibyrd thanks!! If I had more wall space, it would be up on my wall!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
@bythegram I would be interested in a few if you were to go back, it is a bit of a drive from South Carolina...
Post 25 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be interested in a movie prop comic as well if any are left, very cool!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I've been trying to hold back, but I'm interested in a prop comic, too. They're just too cool.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Loving all the interest! I’ll keep you all posted!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Loving all the interest! I’ll keep you all posted!
I would consider buying them all, but I won’t be greedy.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hi all! I picked up 20 of the prop comic books on Sunday. I’ll add a group shot below.

I’ve never sold anything on the forum before so if I break any rules please let me know I’ll be happy to update as needed.

I think due to the nature of these condition is basically out the window from a comic collecting pov but the fake covers are all in VF-NM condition (lol). The interiors range from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and other indies and from what I’ve seen are all late 80s to early 90s, unless there is a surprise in there I don’t believe there are any keys lol.

Shipping will be calculated based on how many you want to pickup and can be shipped either in an envelope (sandwiched between cardboard) to cut down on cost or via Gemini mailer. That will be your call and I’ll work out the costs with you before final payment is required.

Each comic will cost $4 CAD and will be chosen at random first come first serve. If the buyer has a specific request (based on photo below or interior publisher) I will do my best to accommodate.

Make your claims below and I’ll be in contact during the week.

I hope this works out for all who are interested and I’m thrilled I can find a good home for them!

Post 30 IP   flag post
618384 49 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?