CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Art Sketch Covers

Name this artist16987

Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
I have this cover sketch that was done around 2014. My friend got it for me at an east coast comic convention(Baltimore I think). Neither one of us can remember who did it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Danny
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
See if this helps...
clickable text
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Almost looks like Matt Wagner’s signature.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Magellan I don't think it's Wagner.


Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector Stardust_Memories private msg quote post Address this user
Mister Mxyzptlk
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Shit, you’re right. That’s not even who I was thinking of. I think I was thinking of Mark Evanier…

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@Magellan I don't think it's Wagner.


Post 6 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust_Memories
Mister Mxyzptlk
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Might as well be at this point
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda looks like Mike Millar maybe?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Someone will figure it out.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Someone will figure it out.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Not as of yet but hopefully soon.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
There are a LOT of independent artists out there doing original sketches. May not be that easy
Post 13 • IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
I think it was Mike Wolff... the Baltimore Convention Center janitor.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@allizdogslc61 I did a Google search based on what I thought the name was on your sketch (Mike Wolfer was my guess) and there appears to be a comic artist under that name so I then searched on the ComicArtFans website for anything by him. The signature on your piece looks quite similar to the signature on the pieces at the link below. Naturally I could be wrong, but you could compare and then maybe track him down and ask if he did that Thanos piece.

https://www.comicartfans.com/searchresult.asp?PM=1&txtSearch=Mike+Wolfer&Order=&PI=54
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
@allizdogslc61 I did a Google search based on what I thought the name was on your sketch (Mike Wolfer was my guess) and there appears to be a comic artist under that name so I then searched on the ComicArtFans website for anything by him. The signature on your piece looks quite similar to the signature on the pieces at the link below. Naturally I could be wrong, but you could compare and then maybe track him down and ask if he did that Thanos piece.

https://www.comicartfans.com/searchresult.asp?PM=1&txtSearch=Mike+Wolfer&Order=&PI=54
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Collector allizdogslc61 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much-we have a winner!!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
657131 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?