Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Egg salad sandwich with pickled onion...oh!! Smoked eggs!!

Interesting. I would have gone with black olives, black pepper and paprika myself. But have to admit I've never tried with pickled onions. Or smoked eggs actually. Is the smoking after boiling or in lieu of boiling?
Post 201 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Egg salad sandwich with pickled onion...oh!! Smoked eggs!!

Interesting. I would have gone with black olives, black pepper and paprika myself. But have to admit I've never tried with pickled onions. Or smoked eggs actually. Is the smoking after boiling or in lieu of boiling?

after boiling -I was smoking some cheese and figured - why not make a few hard boiled eggs?? peeled them and smoked them too!! - fairly mild but nice!
Normally I use pickled eggs for my sandwich so the pickled onions added nice zip! (I have them around once in a while for taco night etc.)
Post 202 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I can't do egg salad, ham salad, or tuna salad. I will eat potato salad and chicken salad if I'm the one who made it.
Post 203 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Meatloaf and peas

Edit

Holy crap. That was like the best meatloaf ever
Post 204 IP   flag post
Add some mashed potatoes and you would be next level.
Post 205 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

Yes. You are correct. Or something better than canned peas. But honestly the meatloaf really stood out for some reason. His last meatloaf wasn't nearly this good.

As for not having mashed, he is still recovering from gout. So we haven't been to grocery store.... yeah, I have an aversion to public places so I only go shopping if I absolutely have to.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Chicken thighs with rice on my menu before retiring to bed.
Post 207 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@DrWatson

Yes. You are correct. Or something better than canned peas. But honestly the meatloaf really stood out for some reason. His last meatloaf wasn't nearly this good.

As for not having mashed, he is still recovering from gout. So we haven't been to grocery store.... yeah, I have an aversion to public places so I only go shopping if I absolutely have to.

I love peas!! Any type of potatoes would make this a desirable meal.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DrWatson

I don't think I have ever eaten a stand alone pea.

Actually reminds me of a joke:

Q: How do you catch a polar bear?

A: You cut a hole in the ice and line it with peas. When the polar bear goes to take a pea,
you kick him in the ice hole.
Post 209 IP   flag post
This food talk reminds me that I have rolls in the fridge, will go good with my late night meal.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Love bread. I gotta find a recipe for texas road house rolls for my brother to make
Post 211 IP   flag post
Chili dogs in king Hawaiian rolls. (Ran outta hot dog buns)

Post 212 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
After a week of light, healthy, from-scratch meals, we went mac and cheese tonight.

Macaroni al formaggio inscatolato with prosciutto crudo, fresh ground pepper and chilies. Served on classic dixie plates and paired with an Italian-inspired wine in a “crystal” cup.

Post 213 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
an Italian-inspired wine in a “crystal” cup

I know what a "crystal" cup is...but what is an Italian-inspired wine?
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Chili dogs in king Hawaiian rolls. (Ran outta hot dog buns)

All served on a Sub-Mariner #1. Or at least in near proximity.
Post 215 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

California wine grown while playing Italian opera
Post 216 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Good eye. You people catch everything.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Keeping it simple. Crunchy PB and gooseberry jam on wheat with a glass of milk.
Post 218 IP   flag post
Smoked beef ribs....

Sides wee garlic Hawaiian rolls, home made Mac and cheese, and frozen peas.

Post 219 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte So... BBQ at your place, right?
Post 220 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Lol if you are in FL you can drop by. I don't drink so you have to bring your own beer though.....
Post 221 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'm here in windy SoCal so I may have to take a rain check. Bummer, 'cause them's some fine ribs!

PS: I'm a teetotaler, so it's iced tea (or equivalent) for me.
Post 222 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 223 IP   flag post
May I ask what corn dish is?
Post 224 IP   flag post
Not bad except for the peppers and that corn... stuff.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

California wine grown while playing Italian opera

Awesome! Wine snobs leave no stone unturned in pursuit if the perfect gilding ingredients!
Reminds me of a joke: After a round of Golf a couple guy in Texas stops at a Diner in his brand new Cadillac. Guy sets his keys on the counter along with a couple golf tees from his pocket. The young lady behind the counter picks one up and asks what they are. He explains that they are used to elevate the balls for the Driver. Girl says "those folks at Cadillac...they think of everything!"
Post 226 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad what's the story behind that interesting combo plate?
Post 227 IP   flag post
Beef ribs is high on my list of food I would love to eat more often. True but crazy story: My wedding was catered by Lucille's Bar-B-Q. They were newly opened in the neighborhood and we were the first catering job for that location. They fed 250 people buffet-line style unlimited portions with tons of leftovers...all for $1,600. So about $7 per person. Beef Ribs, Chicken, biscuits and Side Dishes. We still can't figure out how that happened exactly.

Quote:
Smoked beef ribs....

Sides wee garlic Hawaiian rolls, home made Mac and cheese, and frozen peas.

Post 228 IP   flag post
That's damn cheap. You figure even with my limited appetite o can put down 7$ worth of food easy....

The big questions are, are they still open? And did you tip them well?
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
That's damn cheap. You figure even with my limited appetite o can put down 7$ worth of food easy....

The big questions are, are they still open? And did you tip them well?

Yeah, that $1,600 didn't just pay for the food. It paid for several servers and transportation to the wedding site. Lucille's is a regional chain with about 25 locations. Our local one had just opened up weeks before. I think at the time they were more interested in getting experience for their catering people and not so concerned about making a profit on it. So we kind of lucked out there. I tend to be a good tipper...but that day is kind of a blur.
Post 230 IP   flag post
600879 999 30