Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That soup looks pretty yum. I'd give it a try.
@Bronte Nothing wrong with an occasional visit to McD's. Every now and then, I just gotta have me some of those fries.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Pre_Coder

Brother has gout flareup and I don't cook. So I went for something cheap and fast.

Gout is a very serious condition. Hope he recovers.

Gout SUCKS. I have it in my family but I've been very lucky so far. I got gallstones instead, though. Word of advise: Just say NOPE to gallstones.

Hope your brother feels better. Sending good thoughts your way.
Post 177 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

Thank you. I gave him some stuff to kill the pain until tomorrow. Hoping dr can prescribe something....

I'm fortunate. I hate seafood, and I don't drink beer, (2 triggers for him) so I've never had the problem. I did have surgery on both feet though and losing ability to walk sucks ass....
Post 178 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte A few years ago I had a week-long love affair with a large salami that was in the refrigerator. I went to bed one night thinking I had bruised my ankle and woke up thinking it was broken. Got into the doctor that day, he asked about a history of Gout in my family and prescribed steroid pills with Ibuprofen. Within 4 hours I was walking almost pain free. No more salami parties for me, but beer and whiskey have brought about a few reoccurrences since then.
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Bronte @EbayMafia
I've heard that beer is a trigger for gout, and I'm lucky that I can't drink the stuff. Anything alcoholic tastes too nasty. I have nothing against it, but I can't stomach the stuff. I've wondered if my alcohol-free life might be a reason why I've dodged gout.

Broke a big toe once and was really gimpy for a few weeks. I can't imagine both feet being messed up. That's terrible. Hope the doctor can fix that up for your brother.
Post 180 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

Surgery was only one foot at a time. So I didn't lose complete mobility. Just a cast for 6 weeks each time.

I hope rhey can fix him up too. I'm tired of McDonald's already. 😆

Edit

I dropped a fire extinguisher on my pinky toe once from 3 foot. Now that made me gimpy more than surgery. Since that day, no pain has ever come close. I don't even take the high end stuff at the hospital after surgery anymore. It's like everything is a cakewalk pain wise now. Go figure.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

Surgery was only one foot at a time. So I didn't lose complete mobility. Just a cast for 6 weeks each time.

I hope rhey can fix him up too. I'm tired of McDonald's already. 😆

Edit

I dropped a fire extinguisher on my pinky toe once from 3 foot. Now that made me gimpy more than surgery. Since that day, no pain has ever come close. I don't even take the high end stuff at the hospital after surgery anymore. It's like everything is a cakewalk pain wise now. Go figure.

Heavy object dropped on the foot is a different kinda pain. Took a misstep on stairs to break the big toe, but I had a kid drop a half-full paint can on my other foot and break one of the middle ones. That was one out-of-body experience. Regained my senses and had paint everywhere and the kid thinking it was hilarious. Little turd was lucky I wasn't mobile in that moment.

I get it about the McD's! Unless I'm in Japan where they have weird things on the menu for me to try, I can only have so many meals there. Filet-o-Shrimp, by the way, is delicious.
Post 182 IP   flag post
I'm not much for seafood. But anything fried can't be that bad.... lol
Post 183 IP   flag post
@Bronte Seriously, why do the naughty fried things have to be so tasty? Fate conspires against the waistline.
Post 184 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
If you're going to eat fish, and want a healthy meal, then consume fish that thrive on other sea life... ie: Salmon, Alaskan White, etc. And nothing wrong with frying as long as you're using olive oil or coconut oil.

Catfish, cod, shark, etc.. though they are tasty, they are scavengers. They will eat anything. A catfish will eat your car if he's big enough.

I love oysters, but as far as being healthy and an aphrodisiac,.. that's just a myth.

(1) Myth - oysters simply have a high content of Nitric Oxide which dialates the blood vessels. And Mr. Happy loves a good blood flow,... and so does Mrs. Happy.

(2) Health - oysters simply lay at the bottom of the sea and filter toxins. Oysters are full of toxins.

If you want a good flow of blood, then eat your beets,... and I'm not talking about the canned stuff. I don't care much for beets, but I eat them a lot. At my age I need all the help I can get.
Post 185 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder agree on all comments on filter/scavenger fish, except:
1) cod are actually a pretty decent option
2) shark are usually not bottom feeders but still best avoided because of mercury
3) tilapia is one of my “avoid, avoid, avoid” fish for myriad reasons and I’d call them out explicitly

Agree re: mussels and clams. I love crab and lobster but those should also be infrequent treats vs staples. Price helps with that.

As for beets - crazy enough I just had some for lunch. Not canned but jarred. Issue is sugar content but I don’t consume much sugar overall so less a concern. Beet juice is great too.
Post 186 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I only have farmed catfish, because yeah, they eat some pretty manky stuff out in the wild. Cod is one of those guilty pleasures with fish & chips, but I have that maybe 2 ~ 3 times a year.

Love the yummy beets! After eating them, though, your next visit to the tinkle-arium can be a little alarming.
Post 187 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
issue is sugar content but I don’t consume much sugar overall so less a concern. Beet juice is great too.

You, being a body builder, I have no doubt you avoid too much sugar. And I also ASSUME that you probably avoid too much grocery store breads. They are loaded with salt and sugar,.. you just can't taste it because of the yeast.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Love the yummy beets! After eating them, though, your next visit to the tinkle-arium can be a little alarming.

Talking about the tinkle-arium,.. and cleansing your body, eat fresh steamed asparagus, and eat it VERY often. It is a great antioxidant. You will smell it in your urine. When you notice the odor is no longer present, which won't take long, you'll know it's doing it's job.
Post 189 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder I am as close to a body builder as a giraffe is to a hippo.

I did previously take it all much more seriously but was never in that category. Just personal fitness.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Talking about the tinkle-arium,.. and cleansing your body, eat fresh steamed asparagus, and eat it VERY often. It is a great antioxidant. You will smell it in your urine. When you notice the odor is no longer present, which won't take long, you'll know it's doing it's job.

Asparagus can be a little tough because I'm one of the magic 'asparagus pee' people along with my sister. It ALWAYS smells absolutely horrendous, as in room-clearingly bad. I imagine if someone lit sileage on fire and you kinda get the idea. My favourite veggies for cleansing are broccoli, artichokes, and beets.
Post 191 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Asparagus can be a little tough because I'm one of the magic 'asparagus pee' people along with my sister. It ALWAYS smells absolutely horrendous, as in room-clearingly bad. I imagine if someone lit sileage on fire and you kinda get the idea. My favourite veggies for cleansing are broccoli, artichokes, and beets.

Hey bro, you can't go wrong there either. I can eat broccoli,.. breakfast-lunch-dinner.
Post 192 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Before the fry.

Post 193 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I have an iron clad gut but fried burgers ruin me. They are good, every now and then I still make them, but that doesn't mean Im not ruined.
Post 194 IP   flag post
Can't stand charcoal grilled burgers. It's like eating cinders.
Post 195 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm propane and propane accessories, like Hank.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I'm propane and propane accessories, like Hank.

No surprises there, lol.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I have an iron clad gut but fried burgers ruin me. They are good, every now and then I still make them, but that doesn't mean Im not ruined.

The additional grease retained in a fried burger does seem to have a lubricating effect on the intestines.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey bro, you can't go wrong there either. I can eat broccoli,.. breakfast-lunch-dinner.

As long as it's not that frozen crud *shudder* broccoli is awesome. You can't beat yummy Brussels sprouts, either, if you have a taste for them.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Egg salad sandwich with pickled onion...oh!! Smoked eggs!!

Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Interesting. I would have gone with black olives, black pepper and paprika myself. But have to admit I've never tried with pickled onions. Or smoked eggs actually. Is the smoking after boiling or in lieu of boiling?
Post 201 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Interesting. I would have gone with black olives, black pepper and paprika myself. But have to admit I've never tried with pickled onions. Or smoked eggs actually. Is the smoking after boiling or in lieu of boiling?

after boiling -I was smoking some cheese and figured - why not make a few hard boiled eggs?? peeled them and smoked them too!! - fairly mild but nice!
Normally I use pickled eggs for my sandwich so the pickled onions added nice zip! (I have them around once in a while for taco night etc.)
Post 202 IP   flag post
I can't do egg salad, ham salad, or tuna salad. I will eat potato salad and chicken salad if I'm the one who made it.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Meatloaf and peas

Edit

Holy crap. That was like the best meatloaf ever
Post 204 IP   flag post
Add some mashed potatoes and you would be next level.
Post 205 IP   flag post
601252 999 30