Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson we’re making donuts too (this weekend).
Post 101 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday was bulgogi - marinated and then wok cooked, over rice. Will freeze the rest.

Today is dough making, rest of filling and wrap/steaming of pork buns.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
All these pics of nachos I had to make some of my own! Deeeeelish!

Post 103 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Heinz is eating sandwich quarters made up from left over honey baked ham...
Post 104 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love honey baked ham. Their crust is crazy good
Post 105 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Gotta love honey baked ham. Their crust is crazy good
one of their main factories is in a business park I work in. I never had their products until last year. Their price is absurd but everything is great. I despise bean soup but I’m going to make my own tomorrow with leftovers as well.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Honey baked ham is so good. I'll be having Brussels sprouts & bacon later. You've got me drooling for a lovely ham & Swiss, though.
Post 107 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Always Google for a coupon before splurging. Yes I am a cheapskate, but they always have at least a 5$ off coupon somewhere
Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Always Google for a coupon before splurging. Yes I am a cheapskate, but they always have at least a 5$ off coupon somewhere

Why not use it? I almost always get pizza from a particular local chain because I get a coupon in the mail from them every month.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

That 5 bux can buy 1/2 a comic book. Lol
Post 110 IP   flag post
Bean soup pics coming tomorrow, I’m not excited. My white trash parents squirted ketchup in that stuff.... 🤮
Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd

That 5 bux can buy 1/2 a comic book. Lol

I remember, in the distant past, folks having a cow when cover price rose above 60 cents. How I long for those days.
Post 112 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Isn't nearly every soup tomato based nowadays?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Every soup except bean. Maybe that’s why they added it? My wife and I both have hated the bean soup our parents made. Neither of us can believe we are going to give it a go 30 years later.
Post 114 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Honey baked ham is so good. I'll be having Brussels sprouts & bacon later. You've got me drooling for a lovely ham & Swiss, though.

I used to despise Brussels Sprouts. In my late 20's when I began training with the Japanese,.. fish, rice, and Brussels Sprouts were the main staple of my diet,... (seriously) every single day. I thought they were going to force-feed sprouts to me. LOL

Today, I can eat Brussels Sprouts with any meal,... breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I love them now.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

That stuff smells horrible. I want to wretch if I smell it. That and ginger are 2 foods I can't taste without gagging. I'd rather go hungry
Post 116 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

That stuff smells horrible. I want to wretch if I smell it. That and ginger are 2 foods I can't taste without gagging. I'd rather go hungry

I'd rather go hungry than to eat spam or hash.
Post 117 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Not sure which bean it is, but there is a bean that needs to be boiled fir a certain amount of time. Apparently slow cooker doesn't get hot enough. The toxins can make you quite ill.

You may want to read up on that before you make your soup
Post 118 IP   flag post
Real corned beef hash is good. The canned stuff is iffy at best.
Post 119 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder -

Post 120 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Spam isn't bad if you fry it up in a pan.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

I used to despise Brussels Sprouts. In my late 20's when I began training with the Japanese,.. fish, rice, and Brussels Sprouts were the main staple of my diet,... (seriously) every single day. I thought they were going to force-feed sprouts to me. LOL

Today, I can eat Brussels Sprouts with any meal,... breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I love them now.

I love me some sprouts, and I would for sure train with Japanese people if it meant I got to have some sprouties. They can be an acquired taste, though, that's for sure. As I understand it, they also have something in them that some folks who have a particular gene can taste and folks without the gene can't. I can't taste it so sprouts = yummy. Don't get me going on how alcohol tastes, though. 🤮
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Real corned beef hash is good. The canned stuff is iffy at best.

Proper corned beef hash is the best breakfast ever. We have a couple restaurants in town that make homemade hash. Delicious.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Sprinkle a little brown sugar on it, too, so it gets a sweet crust like a nice ham.
Post 124 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Brussels sprouts. I can take them or leave them. Sometimes they're a bit bitter.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

If you are going to do spam, might as well just do canned ham. Slice it just like Spam and fry it.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Canned hash is great.

Navy and white beans, @Bronte. They are in a pre soak. The most basicist of beans.
Post 127 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Alcohol to me tastes like cough syrup. I can't drink it. I tried margaritas and sweeter stuff but that still makes me gag. I am doomed to unsweetened ice tea and ice water.

Coffee is another drink I can't take. It smells wonderful. But tastes god awful horrible.
Post 128 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't like ham. County ham is okay though.
Post 129 IP   flag post

Post 130 IP   flag post
601328 999 30