Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
The white bowls have artichoke hearts, eggplant, honey...the small jar is an onion jam.

That and a stack of crackers sounds so good.
Post 76 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Davethebrave That looks delicious. I just had a chicken & rice concoction, and I'm not hungry, and yet I want that burger.

Thanks! It tasted even better than it looked ;-)

The buns were fresh (just cooled and sliced right as the burgers were finished). Wife did a butter glaze on top (I think also when she added the sesame seeds). I then did a quick grill after slicing. Beef patties were well seasoned with a bit of garlic powder plus kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Pan cooked (better than grill btw). Caramelized onion.

Not a particularly healthy dinner but was a substitute for our weekly pizza night. This morning my 3yo son asked if we could do burgers again tonight… I may just oblige.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My wife prepared a chicutarie board.

My wife also makes chicutarie boards when having guests over or on holidays. They usually go over very well with company.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Davethebrave That looks delicious. I just had a chicken & rice concoction, and I'm not hungry, and yet I want that burger.

Thanks! It tasted even better than it looked ;-)

The buns were fresh (just cooled and sliced right as the burgers were finished). Wife did a butter glaze on top (I think also when she added the sesame seeds). I then did a quick grill after slicing. Beef patties were well seasoned with a bit of garlic powder plus kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Pan cooked (better than grill btw). Caramelized onion.

Not a particularly healthy dinner but was a substitute for our weekly pizza night. This morning my 3yo son asked if we could do burgers again tonight… I may just oblige.

droo-ool...
Post 79 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Son got his wish. Today was a repeat of yesterday except our side was pesto pasta, not fries.

Earlier in the day sliced up some pork shoulder and made a marinade. Letting it sit overnight and will roast up some char siu tomorrow. About 7.5 lbs. 1/3 for char siu bao (wife will make the dough/wraps tomorrow). Some for an actual char siu meal tomorrow. Rest we’ll freeze. Gonna have to go full veggies rest of the week…

Post 80 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave

My brother makes those too. I think he uses the woks of life recipe....
Post 81 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave you're gonna have to workout twice tomorrow to burn that off.

And no doubt it's going to be worth it.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Tonight I'm having....

Rotisserie chicken, steamed rice, and broccoli.
Post 83 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave Dayum! I already had my main meal for the day (peanut curry with brown rice, fresh veggies, and pickled red onion), but now I want a second meal. Nothing beats a yummy burger.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Char siu pork.

We don’t use red bean curd and we avoid artificial food coloring in our house so it doesn’t have that red finish like you’d get at a Chinese restaurant (they tend to use food coloring). Tastes and smells 100% authentic which is what matters.

We had some diced with rice and veggies last night. We will serve sliced over noodles. Then the “primary” use will be as the main filling for steamed pork buns.

Would call it pork 777 for 7 pounds served 7 ways for 7 days but we’ll be freezing a bunch instead.

Half of the batch:

Post 85 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave That looks delicious. Who cares what colour the food is as long as it's yummy and healthy. Never thought the artificial stuff looked tasty anyway.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I still have much of the rotisserie chicken I bought a couple days ago....

Tonight I'm going warm some of it in the oven and tear into small strips.
Boil some linguine.
Add some Alfredo cheese sauce with the chicken to the pasta, with salt, black pepper, and a dash of Greek seasoning.

Then I'm going to town on it.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Chicken, baked (en masse) then diced, added to diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro, cumin, a little paprika and onions. For heat, chilies, but then amped up to 11 for the adults with some Dave’s Gourmet. All mixed into rice.

Chicken baked to set aside and use in other dishes later in the week (saving prep time).

Post 88 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nachos

Post 89 IP   flag post
@Bronte Those look delicious and are likely better for you than the naughty blueberry turnover that I'm eating.
Post 90 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

I'm lucky I have a brother who loves to cook and do dishes
Post 91 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd LMAO
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Chicken, baked (en masse) then diced, added to diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro, cumin, a little paprika and onions. For heat, chilies, but then amped up to 11 for the adults with some Dave’s Gourmet. All mixed into rice.

Chicken baked to set aside and use in other dishes later in the week (saving prep time).

I can dig into that!
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
White hot on a toasted bun with ground brown mustard. For those who don't know what white hots are;

"The white hot is a variation on the hot dog found primarily in the Central New York[1] area, as well as other parts of Western New York and Central New York.[2] It is composed of a combination of uncured and unsmoked pork, beef, and veal; the lack of smoking or curing allows the meat to retain a naturally white color.[3] White hots usually contain mustard and other spices, and often include a dairy component such as nonfat dry milk."
Post 94 IP   flag post
Homemade Cuban sandwich

Post 95 IP   flag post
Had to work late tonight so I'm fixing the lazy man's chicken and dumplings... Sweet Sue.

But....

After I dump the contents into a sauce pan, I take a spoon and dig out those small chicken cubes and give to a stray cat that hangs around my front porch.

Still have some leftover rotisserie chicken. So I'll add some strips to the dumplings and broth,.. add salt, pepper, dash of Greek seasoning. Then heat it up on low. It'll do the job for tonight.
Post 96 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder 😸
Post 97 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Still have some leftover rotisserie chicken.

@Pre_Coder My experience leads me to try to make sure I buy a large Caeser Salad at the same time that I buy a rotisserie chicken. That seems to be a good place to use it. I've also found that some type of Ramen, Pho or Tainan style noodle are a good vehicle to add rotisserie chicken to. But you probably aren't indulging in those type of simple carbohydrates at this time.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Still have some leftover rotisserie chicken.

@Pre_Coder My experience leads me to try to make sure I buy a large Caeser Salad at the same time that I buy a rotisserie chicken. That seems to be a good place to use it. I've also found that some type of Ramen, Pho or Tainan style noodle are a good vehicle to add rotisserie chicken to. But you probably aren't indulging in those type of simple carbohydrates at this time.

I'm really not much in to salads,.. nothing wrong with salads of course. I never buy bagged salads because they are loaded with formaldehyde, and I'm too lazy to fix fresh salads unless I have company.

When I buy a rotisserie chicken, generally the first night I'll have it with steamed rice and a fresh vegetable. Afterwards, I use the rest for various types of meals.

I do enjoy Ramen noodles on occasion, and it just so happens I have a 5 package bag of Ramen in my cabinet that is chicken flavor. I'm glad you brought that to my attention. I'm gonna try it out.
Post 99 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Lemon & raspberry & custard, oh my!

Post 100 IP   flag post
@DrWatson we’re making donuts too (this weekend).
Post 101 IP   flag post
Yesterday was bulgogi - marinated and then wok cooked, over rice. Will freeze the rest.

Today is dough making, rest of filling and wrap/steaming of pork buns.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
All these pics of nachos I had to make some of my own! Deeeeelish!

Post 103 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Heinz is eating sandwich quarters made up from left over honey baked ham...
Post 104 IP   flag post
Gotta love honey baked ham. Their crust is crazy good
Post 105 IP   flag post
601507 999 30