Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse
Like this! Coconut goes with lime! It does not go with smelly slimy sunscreen!!!
Post 851 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@WMorse
Like this! Coconut goes with lime! It does not go with smelly slimy sunscreen!!!

Pound for pound aloe is superior IMO. Thoughts?
Post 852 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Quote:
@WMorse

Its great for burns, not screen. I'm cutting my plant down once fishing trips are done for the summer.
Post 853 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Tequila? Aloe > Coconut all day!
Post 854 IP   flag post
Quote:
I want what you're having.
Post 855 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
I want what you're having.

Hot trash with cocoa butter. Now if you'll excuse me...
Post 856 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@WMorse

If proper sunscreen has failed or you're caught out without (the usual scenario for me), then aloe is The Best for your sunburn!
Post 857 IP   flag post
Oh, and Cheetos with chopsticks is genius!
Post 858 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lasagna

Post 859 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
First time making zucchini bread. Hopefully it's edible.

Post 860 IP   flag post
@Bronte
Lovely lasagna!
Post 861 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Italian sausage and onions on a welfare bun.

Post 862 IP   flag post
Those look like nice, caramelized onions and a delicious sausage. Yum. One of my favourite kinda buns, too.
Post 863 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Wings three ways. Dry rub, sweet and hot, freakin’ hot (Carolina Reaper in sauce).

Wings were baked crispy. Sauced after.

Post 864 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave
Carolina Reaper
Post 865 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Looks fantastic!! I like spicy heat but I can't do the crazy heat. Tobasco/Habanero levels are my sweet spot for heat.
Post 866 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Preparing to smoke my harvest. Giggity. A mix of Jalapeños, Cherry, Caribbean, and Carolina Reapers. Outta make one helluva hot sauce
Post 867 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Davethebrave Looks fantastic!! I like spicy heat but I can't do the crazy heat. Tobasco/Habanero levels are my sweet spot for heat.

I’m extreme on the heat tolerance scale. Yet I can still detect very subtle flavors.

I draw the line at “heat for sake of heat” though. For example, once an -entire sauce- is in the million+ Scoville units… nah. Not enjoyable. So I will add the Carolina Reapers to a base hot sauce. End result is never as bad and flavor is still king.

@RexMuff that looks great!
Post 868 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I’m extreme on the heat tolerance scale. Yet I can still detect very subtle flavors.

I draw the line at “heat for sake of heat” though. For example, once an -entire sauce- is in the million+ Scoville units… nah. Not enjoyable. So I will add the Carolina Reapers to a base hot sauce. End result is never as bad and flavor is still king.

Flavor is king. Tobasco and Reapers are in my Hall of Fame.
Post 869 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

It's all about the flavour for me as well. My tolerance for spicy heat is not so extreme. I remember way back when I frequented pubs that offered "suicide" hot wings. My friends would order them. They were sweatin' like crazy and generally looked like they were not having a good time when eating them. If the heat starts to overcome the flavour, that's one step beyond my comfort level.
Post 870 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

It's all about the flavour for me as well. My tolerance for spicy heat is not so extreme. I remember way back when I frequented pubs that offered "suicide" hot wings. My friends would order them. They were sweatin' like crazy and generally looked like they were not having a good time when eating them. If the heat starts to overcome the flavour, that's one step beyond my comfort level.

“Suicide sauce” wings at most places I’ve been (including some you’ve probably been to) are usually not spicy to me. But… the specialty wings places that focus on providing ultra-hot options… yeah, some are legit scary hot.
Post 871 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

“Suicide sauce” wings at most places I’ve been (including some you’ve probably been to) are usually not spicy to me. But… the specialty wings places that focus on providing ultra-hot options… yeah, some are legit scary hot.

Post 872 IP   flag post
@RexMuff
The colour on those peppers is gorgeous! I love a nice hot sauce but I'm kinda wussy in that regard. I probably couldn't handle the Carolina Reaper.
Post 873 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd, the Reapers are potent. The base of the sauce will probably consist of mango, lime, vinegar, garlic, honey, cilantro, and parsley. I’m thinking about substituting the mango with green tomatoes or cucumbers
Post 874 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
@Byrdibyrd, the Reapers are potent. The base of the sauce will probably consist of mango, lime, vinegar, garlic, honey, cilantro, and parsley. I’m thinking about substituting the mango with green tomatoes or cucumbers
Its been a wet summer and my peppers aren't where they normally would be. It seems wiener shaped veggies are doing great though.

Post 875 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff

That could be interesting, substituting out the mango for tomatoes or cukes. Mango gives a sweet flavour, but it's also very acidic (so are tomatoes for that matter). Would it be easier on the digestion to have a less acidic ingredient like cukes?
Post 876 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Brioche French toast with a sprinkling of, yes, coconut.

Post 877 IP   flag post

Post 878 IP   flag post
Costco jamaican beef patty

Post 879 IP   flag post
@Bronte
Haven't tried those yet. Let me know how they are!
Post 880 IP   flag post
600918 999 30