Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson
Yum... And it looks perfect.
Post 801 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Man. You have something with coconut? Personally I severely dislike coconut, but I just bought the tom cruise coconut cake for my buddy. It should arrive tomorrow. She wants to share some with my brother. Ill let you know how that goes.

Tonight though, we feast on banana cream pie....

Edit

The recipe is from a Radarrange cookbook. One of the world's first microwave ovens if I recall correctly.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
After a few years absence white tomatoes are harvested yet again!!
These will mostly be for sandwiches...but I might add a few in when I try oven/sun dried tomatoes this weekend

Happy the seeds were still viable...will harvest some this year for the future!

Post 803 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 804 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Man. You have something with coconut? Personally I severely dislike coconut, but I just bought the tom cruise coconut cake for my buddy. It should arrive tomorrow. She wants to share some with my brother. Ill let you know how that goes.

Tonight though, we feast on banana cream pie....

Edit

The recipe is from a Radarrange cookbook. One of the world's first microwave ovens if I recall correctly.

Yes, coconut is great. I don't like banana anything unless it's just a banana or a banana split.

We had a radar range when they first came out. It was nothing short of amazing at that time. We were fascinated by boiling water.

Did your pie melt?
Post 805 IP   flag post

No. The filling was a tad runny. Tasted great. But i think not enough whipping cream. Either that or he didn't use heavy whipping cream. I think he bought regular.
Post 806 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve grown a lot of different types of tomatoes @KatKomics, I’ve never seen those. Nice!
Post 807 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’ve grown a lot of different types of tomatoes @KatKomics, I’ve never seen those. Nice!

Think they are called great white? I bought a plant years and years ago and just keep saving seeds - last batch of seeds was 3 or 4 years old but they germinated just fine - will have fresh seeds to put away this season.

My salsa is from Cosmonaut Volkov (a Ukrainian heirloom variety - which matches part of my own heritage [Great Great Grands came over early 1900's?] - moms family has been here since 1670's!! - British)

Both are very similar to a Beefsteak variety - very 'meaty' not much jelly - tasty!!!
Post 808 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I got a hot tip that if you want to stay regular after 50, eating a bowl of this rabbit pellet cereal is a shortcut. Seems to be fairly legit. It's appropriate that the only remaining bowl in my house at the moment is one that we fed the dogs with:

Post 809 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia
I would love to say how much I don't need that hot tip, but...
Post 810 IP   flag post
I'm thinking Metamucil is a less disgusting way to get fiber. Drinking it is easier than earing out if dog bowl...
Post 811 IP   flag post
I've tried Metamucil, and while it does work on the few times I've managed to choke it down, there's something about the sliminess that makes me gag.

Besides, I'd put it in a cat bowl, and that would make it cuter.
Post 812 IP   flag post
Just eat Frosted Mini-Wheats. Tastes better and it doesn't resemble pet food.
Post 813 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Just eat Frosted Mini-Wheats. Tastes better and it doesn't resemble pet food.

Just one of my very few favorite cereals.
Post 814 IP   flag post
New Yorkers are a crazy bunch. Went to a pretty nice restaurant. My buddy brought the cake and had the guts to ask for 2 plates and she cut 2 slices on the bench seat and ate it at the table. Didn't give the waitress to say no to her bday cake.

Apparently the cake is all its cracked up to be. I'm told it was great.

Post 815 IP   flag post
These are the only unique tomatoes we are growing this year. Black cherry, about the size of a table tennis ball. The interesting part of it is I haven't planted one in two years. This years' plant is a volunteer from a lost tomato. I grew one in a 5 gallon bucket in that location a while back.

Post 816 IP   flag post
Quote:
New Yorkers are a crazy bunch. Went to a pretty nice restaurant. My buddy brought the cake and had the guts to ask for 2 plates and she cut 2 slices on the bench seat and ate it at the table. Didn't give the waitress to say no to her bday cake.

I've never heard of anyone being chastised at a restaurant for a byoc.
Post 817 IP   flag post
If thats coconut all over it the server probably figured the eater was punishing themselves anyways.
Post 818 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

I've never done it before. Personally I would ask the waitress if it was OK. But to me it's like bringing outside food to your establishment, you simply don't do it. She was determined though and got it done.

@HeinzDad

I'm with you. The texture is very off putting to me, but she and my brother liked it quite a bit.
Post 819 IP   flag post
Quote:

Mmmmmmm... Coconut..... toasted would be even better!!

@HeinzDad @Bronte - what's not to like? you can eat it, drink the insides - ladies can wear them and you can make fun horse trotting sounds!! (or is that not what horses sound like and they just imitate coconuts??)

Post 820 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Which restaurant?

In NYC it’s often best to not ask. They’ll sense weakness. Like dogs. If you act confident and decisive you show dominance, which they respect.

Quote:
@DrWatson

I've never done it before. Personally I would ask the waitress if it was OK. But to me it's like bringing outside food to your establishment, you simply don't do it. She was determined though and got it done.

@HeinzDad

I'm with you. The texture is very off putting to me, but she and my brother liked it quite a bit.
Post 821 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
The coconut is toasted from the product description.

To me the texture is off putting. Taste wise it's not horrible but I'm not a fan.
Post 822 IP   flag post
J Alexander.

It is a chain but I don't know how big. I know they have multiple locations in Florida.

https://jalexanders.com/

My buddy is from Brooklyn. She screamed yes when captain America said, "I'm just a kid from Brooklyn"

She showed no fear and even asked for plates for the cake. I just looked down and didn't make eye contact.
Post 823 IP   flag post
Coconut, banana, pineapple..... All gross....
Post 824 IP   flag post
Quote:

Gross things can, indeed, be done with all three of those things (for example, none of them should ever be on a pizza ever ever ever, and sunscreen that smells like them is nauseating), but there can be good stuff, too.
Post 825 IP   flag post
Quote:

soooo....no pineapple on pizza for you??...Ooooo or banana and peanut butter sandwiches?? (a good substitute for avocado and peanut butter)
Post 826 IP   flag post
Quote:
She showed no fear and even asked for plates for the cake. I just looked down and didn't make eye contact.

They knew immediately they had an Alpha, and that the Alpha would be at its most ferocious defending the weaker members of its pack. Thus, no antagonizing the Alpha.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Pineapple on pizza is a sin.
Post 828 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Looks like I shouldn't have mailed you that box of almond joy.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

They knew immediately they had an Alpha, and that the Alpha would be at its most ferocious defending the weaker members of its pack. Thus, no antagonizing the Alpha.

Pretty sure I'm what you consider Zeta when it comes to assertive or aggressive personality.
Post 830 IP   flag post
601334 999 30