Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Enchiladas verdez with Mexican rice being washed down with a corona.
Post 51 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Verde? Green?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Verde? Green?

Yes green. Restaurant called it verdez, just going with it. lol

Post 53 IP   flag post
Copy that! You actually reminded me of a verde enchilada recipe sitting around. Cheers amigo!
Post 54 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Some say “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”

In my house, we say “when your Shipt shopper ignores directions and selects bananas that are already on the wrong side of ripe and now, just a few days after ordering those couple of bunches, you have several over-ripened bananas, make banana bread.”

Post 55 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Pulled pork barbecue sandwich with chili cheese fritos.

Post 56 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Pulled pork barbecue sandwich with chili cheese fritos.

#CGCSHILL
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson +1 on the BBQ sandwich.

I love chili cheese fritos, but I don't care for them with a meal,... only solo. So I would have opted for sliced onion and quartered dill pickles.
Post 58 IP   flag post
I don't mind dill pickles, but I can't handle raw onion.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It probably doesn’t appeal to too many of you, but split pea and ham soup and homemade bread.

Post 60 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Just had some pea soup myself, and homemade bread is earthly ambrosia.
Post 61 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Hydrox cookies. And oreos.

Hydrox is crunchier. They kinda taste the same to me. My brother says he can taste the more intense chocolate taste and the oreos are definitely sweeter with an aftertaste.

In the picture, the darker cookie is the hydrox.

Post 62 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Never tried Hydrox, but I loved Oreos,.. back in the day.

Today, candy bars and cookies just don't taste like they did back in the 70's and 80's.

Could be due to manufactures replacing quality with sugar,.. or my over-the-hill taste buds.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Hydrox cookies. And oreos.

Hydrox is crunchier. They kinda taste the same to me. My brother says he can taste the more intense chocolate taste and the oreos are definitely sweeter with an aftertaste.

In the picture, the darker cookie is the hydrox.

The true test is ... how do they hold up when put into milk!!

Also, you could have said the Oreos are the ones that say "Oreo" on the cookie. 😁
Post 64 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I don't recall hydrox cookies, but my brother seems to. He said they taste the same as he remembered them. I love oreos, especially oreo mcflurries from McDonald's. But I gotta say these hydrox cookies are pretty good. Which is a good thing because apparently when I bought them from Amazon, they come in bulk. As in 6 packs. That will last me for quite a while. I'm thinking of giving some away.....
Post 65 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Very true. Tbe hydrox say hydrox on them too. But I surf on a cell phone so I can't see the details as well as a regular screen.

Yknow, I dont like milk for some reason. My brother said the same thing you did. It would be great with milk. But he is on a lactose free diet to test his stomach so there is no milk in the house. Oreos and ice water for the time being....
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Bronte I love milk, but I won't touch the typical grocer stocked name brands, which are Holstein Cows that are fed chemicals and steroids.

I only drink Promised Land milk which comes from grass fed Jersey Cows.
Post 67 IP   flag post
At first, I saw promised land and read Jewish cows instead of Jersey cows.🐄
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
At first, I saw promised land and read Jewish cows instead of Jersey cows.🐄

HA
Post 69 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My wife prepared a chicutarie board.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Homemade burger patties on homemade sesame buns with onions and cheddar. Side of homemade fries (air fried this time).

Post 71 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave That looks delicious. I just had a chicken & rice concoction, and I'm not hungry, and yet I want that burger.
Post 72 IP   flag post
@GAC Aside from the walnuts, what's in the little white bowls?
Post 73 IP   flag post
The one bowl is gravy, the other 2 are French fries. Viola, poutine.... Lol, now its your turn to make fun of my fat American ass eating to much red meat @GAC.
Post 74 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GAC Aside from the walnuts, what's in the little white bowls?

The white bowls have artichoke hearts, eggplant, honey...the small jar is an onion jam.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
The white bowls have artichoke hearts, eggplant, honey...the small jar is an onion jam.

That and a stack of crackers sounds so good.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Davethebrave That looks delicious. I just had a chicken & rice concoction, and I'm not hungry, and yet I want that burger.

Thanks! It tasted even better than it looked ;-)

The buns were fresh (just cooled and sliced right as the burgers were finished). Wife did a butter glaze on top (I think also when she added the sesame seeds). I then did a quick grill after slicing. Beef patties were well seasoned with a bit of garlic powder plus kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Pan cooked (better than grill btw). Caramelized onion.

Not a particularly healthy dinner but was a substitute for our weekly pizza night. This morning my 3yo son asked if we could do burgers again tonight… I may just oblige.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My wife prepared a chicutarie board.

My wife also makes chicutarie boards when having guests over or on holidays. They usually go over very well with company.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Thanks! It tasted even better than it looked ;-)

The buns were fresh (just cooled and sliced right as the burgers were finished). Wife did a butter glaze on top (I think also when she added the sesame seeds). I then did a quick grill after slicing. Beef patties were well seasoned with a bit of garlic powder plus kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Pan cooked (better than grill btw). Caramelized onion.

Not a particularly healthy dinner but was a substitute for our weekly pizza night. This morning my 3yo son asked if we could do burgers again tonight… I may just oblige.

droo-ool...
Post 79 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Son got his wish. Today was a repeat of yesterday except our side was pesto pasta, not fries.

Earlier in the day sliced up some pork shoulder and made a marinade. Letting it sit overnight and will roast up some char siu tomorrow. About 7.5 lbs. 1/3 for char siu bao (wife will make the dough/wraps tomorrow). Some for an actual char siu meal tomorrow. Rest we’ll freeze. Gonna have to go full veggies rest of the week…

Post 80 IP   flag post
598102 999 30