Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I love onions and like green peppers. They are also the only thing I won't put on a pizza.
Post 676 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Can't do peppers or olives. I think they are too close to being healthy for you so I must be allergic or something....
Post 677 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I drizzle honey on my pizza....I like the sweetness in contrast with the salty.
Post 678 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Not the biggest fan of green peppers. Olives are great.
Post 679 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I want to add sugar to my pizza dough but my brother is against it. I read that DIASTATIC MALT might give the extra sweetness and crispy crust for the detroit style pizza, I desire, but i can't get him to try that either.....

=(
Post 680 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Can't do peppers or olives. I think they are too close to being healthy for you so I must be allergic or something....

You can relax @Bronte, when you cook vegetables you put flavor in and take the health aspect out. So cooked vegetables are probably safe for your allergies to healthy eating.
Post 681 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I want to add sugar to my pizza dough but my brother is against it. I read that DIASTATIC MALT might give the extra sweetness and crispy crust for the detroit style pizza, I desire, but i can't get him to try that either.....

=(

We did yet another deep dish d style za tonight. Amazing.

I can send you the dough recipe tomorrow. We use a lloydpan after trying several alternatives. Do you have a good pan for deep dish? It makes a difference. No, don’t just grab a shop pan from napa autoparts either…
Post 682 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave

I have the detroit style lloyds pan 10x14 from Amazon.

If you could share the recipe I'd love to compare with what we use. For detroit style we have been using the oven. Not the ooni. I think the max our oven goes to is 525. We use bottom rack and do NOT have a pizza stone or steel in oven. I was debating on getting a steel for ooni because our crusts are never that crisp and figured it could do double duty in tbe oven. ...
Post 683 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Cherry Cobler made in the bbq.

Post 684 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I weigh less today than I did 20 years ago. In 3 months I hope to weigh what I did almost 30 years ago.

Losing a decade of weight every 3 months is a pretty good pace!

It is only 15 lbs away now. Roughly a pound a week.
Post 685 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Bats prefer deep dish? Learn something new everyday...
Post 686 IP   flag post
Does Refrigerated Kimchi go bad? Internet answers are not conclusive. Costco Kimchi opened around June 5th, abandoned in Refridgerator from June 8-July 30th. Should I give it a go? If anyone is inclined to post about how much they don’t like Kimchi, just keep in mind that’s not the question.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Quote:
Does Refrigerated Kimchi go bad? Internet answers are not conclusive. Costco Kimchi opened around June 5th, abandoned in Refridgerator from June 8-July 30th. Should I give it a go? If anyone is inclined to post about how much they don’t like Kimchi, just keep in mind that’s not the question.

You’re probably fine for another…
Post 688 IP   flag post
Doesn’t that stuff rot in the ground in a pot for a while?
Post 689 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Bats prefer deep dish? Learn something new everyday...

Neapolitan
Detroit or Chicago too
New York Slice to go
Post 690 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

We prefer the word ferment.
Post 691 IP   flag post
Saw this late but will share the recipe. We bake at 500. No need for a stone for deep dish. Crust is crispy. Dough is very wet/difficult to work by hand for deep dish vs the typical hand tossed Neapolitan.

Quote:
@Davethebrave

I have the detroit style lloyds pan 10x14 from Amazon.

If you could share the recipe I'd love to compare with what we use. For detroit style we have been using the oven. Not the ooni. I think the max our oven goes to is 525. We use bottom rack and do NOT have a pizza stone or steel in oven. I was debating on getting a steel for ooni because our crusts are never that crisp and figured it could do double duty in tbe oven. ...
Post 692 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sauerkraut (similar to kimchi) can last 4 ~ 6 months after opening as long as the container has been tightly sealed when not in use. As soon as any new microbes get in there that aren't supposed to be there, it's game over real quick. My guess would be that it's something like that for kimchi, too, but I'm not a culinary scientist, so don't quote me.
Post 693 IP   flag post
Update on the Kimchi, it’s fine. The Costco sell-by date is September so I just checked for mold and then tasted. Even still has the original texture, didn’t get mushy. Funny that I found it at Costco in Texas but never saw it there in California. The regular eating Kimchi community in Southern California is likely 50x that of Texas.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

my bad. After the fact I knew it was ignorant.
Post 695 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Wrap your minds around this: Kimchi on a Costco Hot Dog...
Post 696 IP   flag post
Hah, I was kidding.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

my bad. After the fact I knew it was ignorant.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Quote:
Wrap your minds around this: Kimchi on a Costco Hot Dog...

I made kimchi tacos a couple days ago.
Post 698 IP   flag post
Do you want to know why I prefer thin crust? Deep dish is too thick. You can't savor all the delicate toppings. In their last moments the anchovies become cowards if placed on a doughy pie.
Post 699 IP   flag post
@WMorse
A proper Chicago deep dish pizza is one thing, but aside from that I completely agree. If you really want to enjoy a good sauce and tasty toppings, you need to not have a doughy pizza.
Post 700 IP   flag post
Still learning bbq/cooking with the Kamado Joe....it really is different than propane bbqing. I really prefer the Kamado Joe....if you're into bbqing I would highly recommend the Green Egg/Kamado Joe style of bbqing. It's fantastic!!!

Kids wanted steak sandwiches with sauteed veggies.

Post 701 IP   flag post
@GAC
Looks delicious! Peppers & onions are yum, too, but I need that steak sandie!
Post 702 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@GAC
Looks delicious! Peppers & onions are yum, too, but I need that steak sandie!

I had to look up a sandie steak...interesting.. I'll have to try that! Here's the sandwiches before they were devoured. It's on a small plate..they're not huge, that's why there's two...and a jalepeno popper.

Post 703 IP   flag post
Quote:
Do you want to know why I prefer thin crust? Deep dish is too thick. You can't savor all the delicate toppings. In their last moments the anchovies become cowards if placed on a doughy pie.

A good deep dish is anything but doughy. Key is moisture in the dough. Pain to work with but it bakes up light and crispy.
Post 704 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I see... @WMorse is "Florida Man".

Are you surprised? Can't have @Bronte enjoying all the sun!

He can't have it all, I get plenty in O-Town...
Post 705 IP   flag post
601333 999 30