Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
Those look yummy! I'd add a little salsa to dip or drizzle.
Post 526 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd
These were from Chili's the semi fast food company. I had a coupon for free appetizers so I figured I'd give it a shot. Not too bad. Definitely prefer home made but if you are out anyways and need to kill some time before an appointment it's okay
Post 527 IP   flag post
@Bronte
I totally failed to recognise Chili's handiwork! I don't go there very often. They're not so bad and are one of the few places to get a steak for well under $30.
Post 528 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think I ordered steak a couple of times from them but its definitely not a regular thing. I prefer Longhorns or Texas Roadhouse for my steaks. I've never been to anything fancy like Ruth Chris or Mortons though....
Post 529 IP   flag post
@Bronte I love a good steak, but they're so pricey that I take 'em where I can get 'em sometimes. When I have the cashola I do prefer a proper steakhouse, though.
Post 530 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm becoming convinced that Panda Express is the best fast food/takeout chain in the country. For $11 I got Beijing Beef, Orange Chicken, Beef & Broccoli, Chow Mein and Fried Rice. Basically two full meals for an average appetite. The one by my house has a help wanted sign listing 3 positions and starting pay for the lowest position is $18/hour. That's a pretty impressive business model to pay that well, offer that much value to the consumer and still turn a profit.
Post 531 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
If they truly treat their employees like that, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I won't get started on the chow.
Post 532 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
If they truly treat their employees like that, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I won't get started on the chow.

It's possible that it's not the same all over the country. The location in my area is less than 45 minutes away from the founding restaurant, Panda Inn. And the volume is such that the food moves quickly from pan to take out box.
Post 533 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Panda Express used to be pretty nasty. Very greasy food, questionable freshness, unkempt restaurants, etc. The past couple of years I have noticed a big change. The restaurants are much cleaner, they're paying a lot more attention to how the food is prepared, and that's really cutting down on the excess greasiness, and I don't see tired-out food waiting to be served. I've been favourably impressed the past few times I've been there. Used to avoid it like the plague, but not anymore.
Post 534 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

I'd the 18$ an hour CA or Texas?

Florida is still under 10 last I checked for fast food
Post 535 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@EbayMafia

I'd the 18$ an hour CA or Texas?

Florida is still under 10 last I checked for fast food

It's California. And that was the lowest. They had positions starting at $18, $20, and $22.
Post 536 IP   flag post
Has the Tajin spice hit household status all over the country yet, or is it mostly known in states with larger Mexican/central/south American populations? A year ago I had not heard the name, now I see it everywhere. Everybody is putting it on fruit now days. The Mexican restaurant near my house serves a mango blended margarita with a Tajin spiced rim. It's addicting, but I think it spikes my blood pressure.

Post 537 IP   flag post
Try getting some Sriracha hot sauce. Shoulda stocked up on first call saying there would be a shortage. (Never liked it personally, but I have seen a shit ton of folks down it like ketchup on fries)
Post 538 IP   flag post
We couldn't find it in its normal spot, hot sauce. The asian aisle had it though but it was a big azz jug. We have been re filling the regular container.
Post 539 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Try getting some Sriracha hot sauce. Shoulda stocked up on first call saying there would be a shortage. (Never liked it personally, but I have seen a shit ton of folks down it like ketchup on fries)

I was really big on Siracha about 10 years ago. Even to the point of taking my own bottle with me to certain restaurants. Not sure why I've kind of lost my taste for it. It's a really nice compliment for sandwiches that have humous or Tzaziki sauce (gyro's and such). It also goes really nicely with Bleu Cheese in some situations like a hamburger.
Post 540 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, used some a couple days ago and will again tonight. Then again we have a lot of spices.

Making homemade tortilla chips for a sorta of nacho dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Has the Tajin spice hit household status all over the country yet, or is it mostly known in states with larger Mexican/central/south American populations? A year ago I had not heard the name, now I see it everywhere. Everybody is putting it on fruit now days. The Mexican restaurant near my house serves a mango blended margarita with a Tajin spiced rim. It's addicting, but I think it spikes my blood pressure.

Post 541 IP   flag post
The homemade chips
Post 542 IP   flag post
Ready for the toppings to be dropped
Post 543 IP   flag post

Post 544 IP   flag post
Melted and ready for movie

Post 545 IP   flag post
Homemade cinnamon rolls. Amazing.

Post 546 IP   flag post
Homemade pizza (yesterday).

Tonight homemade burgers with (of course homemade) buns.

Post 547 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave
I'm supposed to be on a diet...

Looks so-o-o-o-o yummy.
Post 548 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd I wont’t post the homemade donuts from last week…
Post 549 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
@Byrdibyrd I wont’t post the homemade donuts from last week…

I can practically smell them through the screen already...
Post 550 IP   flag post
I lied:

Post 551 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave
Blimey.
Post 552 IP   flag post
I really won’t post the korean fried wings with easily the best wing sauce I’ve ever had… maybe another day. :-)
Post 553 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave
Yummy wings. Those I can have in moderation. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
Post 554 IP   flag post
The fourths dinner was a Brat(or two) from Bucyrus, OH. and cucumbers from my garden...

Post 555 IP   flag post
601250 999 30