Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Looks fantastic. Never had Udine noodles before
Post 451 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So. I am at an authentic chinese bbq the out place in ft Lauderdale.

Apparently you can order a whole pig to go....

Post 452 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh homemade donuts for breakfast. Simple glaze, melt in mouth.

Made two dozen plus accompanying donut holes. Gym time!

Post 453 IP   flag post
Fried or air fried?
Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Fried or air fried?

Fried.

Not sure air frying could work with fresh in this case.

Wouldn’t be practical at least.
Post 455 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Pizza, pizza.

Post 456 IP   flag post
If you have the time, you should give a detroit style crust a shot. That has been my favorite as of late. Even more so than the neopolitan from the pizza oven. Instead of Wisconsin brick cheese we have used munster and damn that's tasty....
Post 457 IP   flag post
It’s funny because living near the most famous of Detroit’s “Detroit style” pizza shops means I have access to the quintessential (authentic) Detroit style pizzas…

And I am not a big fan of them. Under-seasoned, too greasy. Quite honestly the Costco version (if you add a wee bit of seasoning on it and make sure to ignore their cooking time/directions) is better.

I do my own detroit crust pizzas but because lactose and me don’t mix, I prefer thinner crusts with either less cheese or buffalo mozzarella.

@Bronte I’ve been cooking Neapolitan style pizza for maybe 10 years and that oven recommendation of yours was a game changer. Used to have to do all sorts of stuff to get the pizza stone hot in a conventional oven and it was so much more work (and still not the right fast cook). That Ooni is phenomenal.

Edit: my prior city was NYC and I lived down the street from some classic NY pizza joints. I need to recreate some of those slices. I know the whole “it’s the water” thing but I am skeptical. Will give it a shot and report back.
Post 458 IP   flag post
I have had neopolitan in the past but making our own has been a great experience. But personally I am a bread lover, so the added bread of a detroit or Sicilian are very appealing to me. My brother also says that it's hard to do a lot of toppings on A neopolitan pizza. If it gets loaded down, it's converted to an emergency calzone which isn't as good as pizza.....

Regretfully we haven't really touched the ooni in over a month. Between my brother being sick and my dad having his episode my brother has not cooked as much.

On a side note, Not sure if you have gotten the newsletters but ooni now sells premade pizza balls. I think its 100$ for 20 balls. Which is insane given how much flour and the rest if the ingredients cost.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Italian thin crust pizzas are really fork and knife pizzas. Sounds strange but it’s true.

I like all pizza types. Detroit too, just really needs to be done right (for my taste).

As for the Ooni premade dough ball, we have a system for the dough and it really takes no time. We have months of flour supply lol.

Sorry about the family challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I have had neopolitan in the past but making our own has been a great experience. But personally I am a bread lover, so the added bread of a detroit or Sicilian are very appealing to me. My brother also says that it's hard to do a lot of toppings on A neopolitan pizza. If it gets loaded down, it's converted to an emergency calzone which isn't as good as pizza.....

Regretfully we haven't really touched the ooni in over a month. Between my brother being sick and my dad having his episode my brother has not cooked as much.

On a side note, Not sure if you have gotten the newsletters but ooni now sells premade pizza balls. I think its 100$ for 20 balls. Which is insane given how much flour and the rest if the ingredients cost.
Post 460 IP   flag post
Yes, diced (butter knife diced) spam, with mixed veggies, some bok choy (freshly harvested) and seasoned with garlic, ginger, soy (more salt!) and hoisin sauce. Dave’s gourmet ghost pepper mixed in too… over rice noodles tossed / stir fried in sesame oil. More fat!

This was shockingly tasty for a 15 minute start-to-finish… less shocking when looking at calories, fat and salt content…

Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Here are some pizza places I would recommend in the Metro Detroit area. Maybe you have tried them already.

Cloverleaf on Gratiot
Buddys. A few locations.
Louie's on Dequindre in Hazel Park
Pizza Papalis. The Greektown location is closed but there are still a couple open.
Shield's on Telegraph rd.
Comeback Inn. Up in Highland
Highland House. Also up in Highland.

I also like Costco's pizza but I find it to be greasy.
I very rarely eat pizza anymore and this is making me hungry.
Post 462 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave, if you find yourself a little farther south, go to Detroit beach pizza around Monroe.
Post 463 IP   flag post
Thanks, Brian. I’ve been to a couple different Buddy’s and Shield’s.

I should have said the pizza I like from Costco is not their house brand (which is a bit too greasy for a thin crust). Instead I prefer the Detroit pizza (frozen) they sell. Called “Motor City Pizza.” Still greasy but similar to Buddy’s with more punch though a bit inconsistent in quality. I always add a bit of dry ranch seasoning on top (pre baking). Figure if I’m doing unhealthy I’m going all-in.

Thanks for the tips on the other pizza options.

BTW, if you’re ever in Plymouth and looking to get extremely authentic Italian (neapolitan style) pizza, try a place called Pizza e Vino (formerly cellr 849). It is on par with great pizza places in Italy (I lived in Italy for a while so speaking from experience).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Davethebrave Here are some pizza places I would recommend in the Metro Detroit area. Maybe you have tried them already.

Cloverleaf on Gratiot
Buddys. A few locations.
Louie's on Dequindre in Hazel Park
Pizza Papalis. The Greektown location is closed but there are still a couple open.
Shield's on Telegraph rd.
Comeback Inn. Up in Highland
Highland House. Also up in Highland.

I also like Costco's pizza but I find it to be greasy.
I very rarely eat pizza anymore and this is making me hungry.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Thanks for the tip on Pizza a Vino. I will check it out the next time that I am in Plymouth. I will have to check out the Motor City Pizza too. I get to Costco once or twice a month.
Post 465 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Wild caught salmon on cedar plank grilled over lump charcoal in an egg grill. Holy cow. It was mag-na-fique

Post 466 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Grilled peanut butter and jelly.

Post 467 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Some much needed chicken tacos after a long bike ride.

And Timmy is having chicken, rice and grits after a long day of napping.

Post 468 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Timmy is cute AF
Post 469 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Elk cooked medium, very tasty
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Snow crabs, shrimp, and clams. In the background is a pork shoulder smoking that should be done about midnight. Tomorrow’s my 40th birfday, and the wife is something special
Post 471 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff Looks so good. I can practically smell that pork shoulder...

Happy pre-B-day!!!
Post 472 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
After an amazing 40th, at a local driving range, the wife surprised me with my own personal birthday cake. It’s peanut butter and chocolate, maybe the best flavor combination of all time
Post 473 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That is a gorgeous cake! YUM!!
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
One big peanut butter pancake. Haha.

Post 475 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra so do you put maple or chocolate syrup on that? LOL
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I go with butter and syrup. There is a local distillery that makes bourbon barrel aged maple syrup. Although I bet chocolate would be tasty.
Post 477 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've never made peanut butter pancakes. Not a fan of peanut butter desserts.

I do have a pancake recipe that uses coconut flour in place of some of the regular flour. Mighty tasty.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Asparagus and mushroom stirfry...get a pound of asparagus about every 2 days from the garden!!

Soy sauce, sherry, ginger, brown sugar and sesame oil for the sauce....tasty

Post 479 IP   flag post
Everything sounds good except for ginger. For some reason the taste makes me wretch.
Post 480 IP   flag post
601288 999 30