Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Dominoes has a guarantee if you don't get the pizza in 2 minutes curbside the next medium 2 topping is free. Technically you still have to pay tax. So that is my dinner. A 1.07$ pizza.... and to top it off they were late again. So I get another "free" pizza... granted their pizza isn't great, at 1$ a pie it's edible.....
Post 426 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Still a touch too much char but much easier without the 35mph gusts.

Post 427 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
No one complains when I make this pasta dish. And it's even better in the summer with fresh cherry tomatoes and parsley from the garden.

Post 428 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Fantastic!!
Post 429 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo what's the gauge on those noodles...is that regular spaghetti?
Post 430 IP   flag post

@Bronte I think it's kind of interesting that you eat on two very extreme ends of the spectrum. Your brother is some kind of gourmet experimental chef...but on days that he's not cooking you end up at Domino's or McDonalds.
Post 431 IP   flag post
I didn't make this (don't have a deep fryer) but Indian Fry Bread strikes me as among the most under-appreciated culinary items. In college I spent a summer working at a resort on an Indian Reservation where it was a key part of the restaurant menu. It's uses are similar to a crepe in that it can range from a fairly heavy meal base to a dessert. We would serve it with Huckleberries and Vanilla Ice Cream and Whipped Cream, drizzled with a Huckleberry syrup.

Post 432 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Yes I am a weird cookie. I don't eat what I cook so I depend on others to cook my meals. I'm not particularly picky on where the meals come from.

Food is no longer something I can really sit down and enjoy. You figure a couple of bites and I'm full. So anything pretty much fits the bill except for my own cooking. Which is weird because others that have eaten my cooking / baking say it's fine / good.

I used to cook at a restaurant so I'm not totally devoid of skills. I just can't bring myself to eat what I make.
Post 433 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Sounds delicious. I have never thought about native American cooking before. Somehow the topic has never come up. I guess it's not as popular as Italian, Greek etc...
Post 434 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I have never thought about native American cooking before

@Bronte up to this point it seems to have remained extremely regional. If I had not lived on a Reservation for a summer I would not be aware of it.
Post 435 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@esaravo what's the gauge on those noodles...is that regular spaghetti?

I used Barilla thin spaghetti.
Post 436 IP   flag post
Brothers foray into dim sum. I think its called sui mei.....

Post 437 IP   flag post
Spaghetti with homemade sauce, kept simple (garlic, basil, parmesan tomato sauce, some red chilies) and some homemade croutons. The last part was just improvised… we had just baked some croutons and figured they would go well with the sauce. They did.

Post 438 IP   flag post
Forum slowing to a crawl all day. Someone show some food or something. I was really tempted to try to spicy Kimchee I saw at the grocery store today. But it was $8 for a small bottle, probably 10 ounces. Probably will give in next time I see it.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Not much of a cereal guy but saw this at a grocery store and thought it was "unique"

Post 440 IP   flag post
@Bronte My parents never brought sugary cereals into the house. This idea ran into a conflict when our first Costco opened...and nothing at Costco was off limits for some reason. So after years of being jealous of other kids cereals I finally had very large bags of Cap'n Crunch in the house through most of high school. I could eat many bowls of Cap'n Crunch any time of day, but I also remember it roughing up the roof of the mouth.
Post 441 IP   flag post
I love Cap'n crunch. For some reason I really enjoy frosted flakes with bananas as well.

Our family didn't eat out often, but we were allowed any cereal in publix. I think at one point I tried nearly all tbe sugary ones except for crispy critters cereal. I loved the theme commercial but didn't think it would taste good.....

Post 442 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

BTW, you were right. My brother bought some spring rolls from Costco. 3 minutes in air fryer and they taste as good as store bought. Next thing I'm going to test in fryer is Greek spanakopita. Air fryer was a hell of a buy. The only thing I need to get used to is the low cooking times. I'm used to things taking much longer in toaster oven.
Post 443 IP   flag post
Quote:
BTW, you were right. My brother bought some spring rolls from Costco. 3 minutes in air fryer and they taste as good as store bought.

If you're doing only 3 minutes then they must not be frozen. From the freezer they should take 8 minutes on about 390.
Post 444 IP   flag post
Yes. They were In fridge. Knowing you can do it from freezer majes them even better. Thanks for the tip.
Post 445 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Bronte My parents never brought sugary cereals into the house. This idea ran into a conflict when our first Costco opened...and nothing at Costco was off limits for some reason. So after years of being jealous of other kids cereals I finally had very large bags of Cap'n Crunch in the house through most of high school. I could eat many bowls of Cap'n Crunch any time of day, but I also remember it roughing up the roof of the mouth.

As a little spud I didn't comprehend the concept of 'too sweet'... until I tried Cap'n Crunch. That was the limit for me.

Quote:
For some reason I really enjoy frosted flakes with bananas as well.

AMBROSIA!!!
Post 446 IP   flag post
@Bronte I have 3 air fryer favorites from Costco. For all 3 I dip them in the store bought Panda Express Sweet Chili Sauce below. For spring rolls I add Sesame oil and a little soy sauce to it. For Panko breaded chicken nuggets I just use the chili sauce. For Pot Stickers I use the sauce that comes in the bag plus the chili sauce and sesame oil. The Pot Stickers come out of the air fryer very dry so I typically let them soak in the sauce before eating:

Post 447 IP   flag post
I saw the weirdest dip for spring rolls today. My brother used thousand island. I thought it looked gross but he really liked it.....
Post 448 IP   flag post
So in my quest to fatten up the women in my life I came across curry beef egg rolls. So far only one Chinese take out place I know of sells this. Its basically ground beef with a little cabbage in an egg roll wrapper.

Post 449 IP   flag post
More homemade pizza yesterday. Getting better with the new pizza oven!

Drunken noodle shrimp tonight.

@Bronte slightly different recipe than I shared with you but baby bok choy, basil, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, diced tomatoes, shrimp, onion, garlic etc… with udon noodles as that’s what we had…

Post 450 IP   flag post
Looks fantastic. Never had Udine noodles before
Post 451 IP   flag post
So. I am at an authentic chinese bbq the out place in ft Lauderdale.

Apparently you can order a whole pig to go....

Post 452 IP   flag post
Fresh homemade donuts for breakfast. Simple glaze, melt in mouth.

Made two dozen plus accompanying donut holes. Gym time!

Post 453 IP   flag post
Fried or air fried?
Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Fried or air fried?

Fried.

Not sure air frying could work with fresh in this case.

Wouldn’t be practical at least.
Post 455 IP   flag post
598080 999 30