Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I have a mussel pasta recipe if you’d like it. It includes shrimp as well.
Post 301 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, but nobody in my house can eat shell fish. 2 have gout and I dont eat seafood.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Roger
Post 303 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda hard to see but the fish is breathing smoke....

Post 304 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous fish! That will be amazing. I'm just having some Brussel sprouts and bacon.
Post 305 IP   flag post

He was a huge fish. The wok was the only way he was going to pan fry that sucker. I'm not much of a seafood person myself so I might be feasting on a filet of fish later. (J/k)
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
A Cadbury creme egg lol.
Post 307 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Cooked up some chicken thighs using the skillet this evening. Seared both sides nice and brown, then used the skillet to partially cook some pearl onions and carrots. I used most of the usual spices, but added garlic and honey. Then put the thighs on top of the carrots and baked the whole thing for about 40 minutes at 425. Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

Post 308 IP   flag post
That looks YUM.
Post 309 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Had bacon, eggs, and broccoli for supper. Didn't feel much like cooking.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Worked from home today. I had a chance to cook up some salmon with peppers and onions.
It was tasty and healthy.
Post 311 IP   flag post
Cooking up what my Cracker Barrel family tastes called Mexican.

“Skillet enchiladas”. Cheese in a tortilla and on top. Cook that shit on top of a lb of ground beef, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and added amounts of a can of red enchilada sauce. My mother prolly thought it was hamburger helper with salsa and tortillas.
Post 312 IP   flag post
Doesn't look too bad. I'd try it.
Post 313 IP   flag post
It reminds me of being young, could I call it soul food?
Post 314 IP   flag post
I thought soul food was more akin to southern cooking styles?

But at the end of the day, if the food brings good memories then it was a meal worth having.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
It reminds me of being young, could I call it soul food?

No.
Post 316 IP   flag post
I always thought it was more of an idea and less greens and pecan pie.
Post 317 IP   flag post

Post 318 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Cooking up what my Cracker Barrel family tastes called Mexican.

“Skillet enchiladas”. Cheese in a tortilla and on top. Cook that shit on top of a lb of ground beef, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and added amounts of a can of red enchilada sauce. My mother prolly thought it was hamburger helper with salsa and tortillas.

Are those flour tortillas? It looks good, but the similar recipes I'm finding call for corn tortillas.
Post 319 IP   flag post
I substituted the normal flour totillas with corn tortillas at chilis once. Corn was disgusting. I had to chuck it. Not sure if it was just chilis or not, but I always get flour now.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I substituted the normal flour totillas with corn tortillas at chilis once. Corn was disgusting. I had to chuck it. Not sure if it was just chilis or not, but I always get flour now.

Corn tortillas can be amazing, but the best I've had are the home-made ones at a local Mexican restaurant in the area where I always eat too much food whenever I go there. Absolutely delicious. Store-bought ones are just... nasty.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Worked from home today. I had a chance to cook up some salmon with peppers and onions.

Your diet is turning you into a Boss Chef right in front of our eyes. I’m kind of enjoying watching the evolution. Kind of inspired by it actually.
Post 322 IP   flag post
I’m in Texas this week and kind of excited about tomorrow’s lunch. After a hiatus of 12 years or more I’m planning a return to Pappadeaux…
https://pappadeaux.com/location/39
Post 323 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I’m in Texas this week and kind of excited about tomorrow’s lunch. After a hiatus of 12 years or more I’m planning a return to Pappadeaux…
https://pappadeaux.com/location/39

I'm disappointed you're not going here in honor of John Candy. Although the ole 96er at Bass Lake was far more impressive:

https://www.bigtexan.com/72-oz-steak/
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Your diet is turning you into a Boss Chef right in front of our eyes. I’m kind of enjoying watching the evolution. Kind of inspired by it actually.

Much appreciated.
Post 325 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad what hot sauce did you add?
Post 326 IP   flag post
We almost always make our corn tortillas from scratch. The masa used makes a big difference in appearance (and some difference in taste).

We rarely use store bought corn tortillas. Flour ones, yes (and some are very good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Corn tortillas can be amazing, but the best I've had are the home-made ones at a local Mexican restaurant in the area where I always eat too much food whenever I go there. Absolutely delicious. Store-bought ones are just... nasty.
Post 327 IP   flag post
@DrWatson, flour. I didn’t know what a corn tortilla was until I moved out.

@Davethebrave, I like hot sauce but I just stick with salsa for these. I won’t mess with these to much as it’s been the same taste for 35 years.
Post 328 IP   flag post

Two muffins disappeared before I could snap the photo.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Did not make it to Pappadeaux as planned. We ended up at some grassy lot with picnic benches and food trucks all stationed around a permanent outdoor covered bar. Had Baja style shrimp cocktail and seafood ceviche on crackers with some blackberry and whiskey lemonade cocktail in a mason jar. 70 degrees and sunny, I could have sat there all afternoon eating and drinking.
Post 330 IP   flag post
601537 999 30