Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking, part 216960

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Brats
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Chilis margarita chicken. Which looks like and tastes like boiled chicken

=(
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
This is from yesterday. Country bumpkin dinner never looks sexy.

London broil, spuds, peas, and a “cheddar bay biscuit” copyright.

Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@DrWatson, Florentine is like a la mode?

Um, I don't think so. A la mode is more akin to au gratin. I think florentine means more like the spinach is prevalently mixed in to the final outcome.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Just had a Chili's classic sirloin with grilled avocado. Swapped out the asparagus for broccoli. It was pretty nice, though I did opt to salt the steak a bit because it needed a tad more savoury flavour.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Always wondered who orders steak at chili's
=)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Just had a Chili's classic sirloin with grilled avocado. Swapped out the asparagus for broccoli. It was pretty nice, though I did opt to salt the steak a bit because it needed a tad more savoury flavour.

A-1
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Just had a Chili's classic sirloin with grilled avocado. Swapped out the asparagus for broccoli.It was pretty nice, though I did opt to salt the steak a bit because it needed a tad more savoury flavour.

Asparagus or broccoli,.. you can't go wrong with either.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Just had a Chili's classic sirloin with grilled avocado. Swapped out the asparagus for broccoli.It was pretty nice, though I did opt to salt the steak a bit because it needed a tad more savoury flavour.

The only draw back to asparagus is asparagus pee.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yknow who has an awesome steak? J Alexander's steak maui. I just found a recipe for the glaze and my brother said he will help me make it. That glaze is like the best damn stuff for steak ever.....
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

LOL,.. yeah, there can an odor in your pee. But that's because asparagus is a very powerful antioxidant. If you smell an odor, it means your body is being cleansed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL,.. yeah, there can an odor. But that's because asparagus is an antioxidant. If you smell an odor, it means your body is being cleansed.

Actually, there's a genetic component to the ability to smell 'asparagus pee.' I have that component, which is why the asparagus pee smells like silage that has been lit on fire. Seriously, room-clearingly bad, but most people just smell the 'cleansing' bit, which isn't that nasty. My sister and I are the 'lucky' ones. We're also the ones who avoid asparagus.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:

You are not wrong... I actually avoid asparagus because of it. Smells so bad it used to scare me as a child and I refused to eat the stuff.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Always wondered who orders steak at chili's
=)

The devil made me do it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Yknow who has an awesome steak? J Alexander's steak maui. I just found a recipe for the glaze and my brother said he will help me make it. That glaze is like the best damn stuff for steak ever.....

That sounds so good. I see, in my future, another yummy steak.
Post 15 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@pre_coder salmon bones (canned) are healthy… easy to digest and a good source of calcium. The skin is very healthy too and the toxins risk, while real, requires very high levels of consumption…

For my kids I admit to preferring sardines and mackerel. As you know, the smaller the fish, generally speaking, the smaller the risk (mercury and toxin accumulation through filtering up the food chain).

Now, whether someone is okay with crunch crunch in their salmon linguine… that is another story lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Wife baked fresh baguettes today (I think the fourth batch of three in the past three weeks), a fresh french loaf (not pictured), cookies last week (I made an attempt to decorate… need to work on piping skills) and some brownies this evening. She didn’t tell me about the brownies but hard not to smell the delicious aroma wafting about…

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I admit to preferring sardines and mackerel.

And as you're probably aware, bodybuilders flock to sardines and mackerel.

I love them both as well.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Opened this for a small night time snack. It's pretty damn tasty.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Aaaa! Just saw this thread. Will close the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
The last thread was full, so I figured that I would open a new one. The wife and I decided to have Valentines dinner a week later to avoid the crowds and the overpriced menus.

I had the PEI (Falanghina) mussels and other seafood, lobster ravioli, and a couple Cannolis. She had the Caprese salad, Gnocchi Gorgonzola, and Chocolate Mousse. We shared the bread and Aranchini. Tasty while not being too filling.

Bread with pesto

PEI Mussels, Clams, and Calamari

Aranchini

Sorry, no pictures of the entree. Too hungry!

Chocolate Mousse
Post 20 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The last thread was full, so I figured that I would open a new one. The wife and I decided to have Valentines dinner a week later to avoid the crowds and the overpriced menus.

I love it! Back when I partially pretended to be romantic we would do Valentine's day on Feb 13th to avoid the crowds.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I love it! Back when I partially pretended to be romantic we would do Valentine's day on Feb 13th to avoid the crowds.

Thanks! I came to the conclusion around year 7 that if I didn’t find something new or redeeming in the relationship that it would get old really quick. Fast forward 23 years that we have been together and I still find her amazing! I feel blessed!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
No meat (beef, chicken, fish, pork) tonight. Simply going to be steamed white rice, asparagus, homemade lentil peas.

I've recently become addicted to lentils.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
cooking tonight

chicken barley soup
Post 24 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No meat (beef, chicken, fish, pork) tonight. Simply going to be steamed white rice, asparagus, homemade lentil peas.

whats nice with lentils is

hot dogs

cut them up small and add them to the lentils with onions diced
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:

whats nice with lentils is

hot dogs

cut them up small and add them to the lentils with onions diced

@beastboy1980 how did you come by this recipe,.. or was it just an experiment?

Health enthusiasts and body builders also flock to lentils. Very nutritious and packed with protein.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:

You'll outlive us all.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You'll outlive us all.

LOL... Well, I do hope to stick around a while longer. But I can tell you right now,... old (I mean upper middle age) sucks.

I have so many injuries from exercise and combat martial arts,.. it can be depressing at times, especially during the cold months.

You just mentally deal with it and keep moving forward.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'll outlive us all.

LOL... Well, I do hope to stick around a while longer. But I can tell you right now,... old (I mean upper middle age) sucks.

I have so many injuries from exercise and combat martial arts,.. it can be depressing at times, especially during the cold months.

i am 52 how old is upper middle age
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'll outlive us all.

i am 52 how old is upper middle age

I'm shocked.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600783 999 30