Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

Old war comics >>> FoxHole Comics #116958

Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a collection of 50's war comic books.I pride myself on being able to decipher MOST of the comic prices compared to condition. The thing is, i CAN NOT seem to be able to UNDERSTAND these 3 books >> Are they worth $300 or $3000 0o i am guessing the former not the latter...but..i really dont know on this one.

FoxHole #1.. ( 4.0>?)
#2..( 2.0..cover almost off)
#4..(4.0>?)

I am NOT going o sell them here so..i am just looking for your ...input please
YES..i have searched myself and THATS why i am here.
My 3 books are pictured and Ebay Sold and for sale pictured.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Question - are those asking prices for those books or are those more "dreamer" type prices?

Any record of any actual sales? That's what I might view as the biggest determinant of the value at this point.

According to my most recent Overstreet, both #2 and #4 in 4.0 would go for about $62. The most valuable would be a #1 which in 9.2 lists for about $1150. So, whoever is asking $2740 for a #4 in 4.5 is definitely on some powerful stuff...

PDG
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDGray
Question - are those asking prices for those books or are those more "dreamer" type prices?

Any record of any actual sales? That's what I might view as the biggest determinant of the value at this point.

According to my most recent Overstreet, both #2 and #4 in 4.0 would go for about $62. The most valuable would be a #1 which in 9.2 lists for about $1150. So, whoever is asking $2740 for a #4 in 4.5 is definitely on some powerful stuff...

PDG
That pic of the #4 is SOLD and had bids
I think my #1 ( as pic'd...first pic) ) is about a 4.0
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
So first - Nice Score!!
Second, I also bought a group of books of that vintage last year and also had a Foxhole 2 (maybe close to 6.0?). My research showed not much data BUT the interesting tidbit is #2 cover and interior are by Jack Kirby the stories are supposesly based on Kirby's own wartime experiences. For a Kirby fan this book would be essential. No recorded sales and only 3 on the other guy's census.
The #1 is considered a classic cover, so it has O OSPG (Over Overstreet Price Guide)value (as proof, a 3.0 sold last month for just over $1,000). Lots of graded copies (well, if you consider 20 a lot).
Don't know about #4, sorry.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@QuaBrot Now that you've pointed out that #2 is a Kirby cover, I can't unsee it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDGray

PDG

I just accepted an offer of around $1400 , and have 2 people in line if they flake on me. If they were worth more...so be it. I made a nice profit and left meat on the bone...win/win.

I had 2 buyers lined up>>the first wanted me to SHIP b4 payment >>hell no 0o and the 2nd "adjusted" his offer AFTER i said ok...smh...WHAT is wrong with people these days >??

If i say i want it...and i am going to buy it..i keep my word....sheesh...lol...no worries, game on
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
So first - Nice Score!!
Second, I also bought a group of books of that vintage last year and also had a Foxhole 2 (maybe close to 6.0?). My research showed not much data BUT the interesting tidbit is #2 cover and interior are by Jack Kirby the stories are supposesly based on Kirby's own wartime experiences. For a Kirby fan this book would be essential. No recorded sales and only 3 on the other guy's census.
The #1 is considered a classic cover, so it has O OSPG (Over Overstreet Price Guide)value (as proof, a 3.0 sold last month for just over $1,000). Lots of graded copies (well, if you consider 20 a lot).
Don't know about #4, sorry.

I WISH that #2 was a 6.0 The cover is detached and split into 2 along the spine >>thus the 2.0,, and i might be reachin at that >?

I actually wondered if "taping" the spine would help or hurt it>?
Post 7 IP   flag post
600438 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?