Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - as far as lighting source, both photos were taken in the same county in Texas. 😁😉.

Seriously though the tent or whiteness of the cover wasn’t what struck me. It was the corners, folds, tears and that indent next to the 68 that cgc didn’t even acknowledge on their graders notes.

Getting back to the cover whiteness, i suspect that is due to the encasement. If you look at MCS’s current GSX1 cgc listings compared to their CBCS listings, there is a clear difference in whiteness. Here is a link to thos listings: Direct Link to MCS GSX1 listings

Even still, while the CBCS GSX listings show whiter than the cgc’s, the photo taken by CBCS above also shows whiter than the MCS CBCS examples.

But again, that indent.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I would be curious how many flaws we might spot on the 8.5 however if it were magnified as highly as was done with the other book....maybe none but hard to tell with it being much smaller in size
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - Wellll, I guess I can snap some close up photos of my own.
Post 28 IP   flag post
or just enlarge to the same size as the ones of the other book to make a fair comparison
Post 29 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I just clicked on your books image and enlarged it. Because my low price 8 year old laptop is sophisticated like that. Your point remains valid, even with enlargement.
Post 30 IP   flag post

if its indeed that capable then you also realize by now size enlarging is not comparable to pixel resoloution nor image clarity of course.....i had tried the same thing but the two images were not created equally regardless or in this case the 8.5 being 116 kb vs the 9.0 shown at 277 kb or almost double the frame resolution. ...you know because my more than eight year old laptop is sophisticated enough to measure those things as well
Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
598100 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?